THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 20:04
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Megastarosta  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Pet addiction (Living for the sake of pets)
Pet addiction
SunFlowerDate: Saturday, 05.11.2011, 02:07 | Message # 16
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I don't think that it's some kind of illness or psychic disorder when people take care of homeless pets. Usually people buy pets (for example dogs) in kennels. And I really appreciate those who are not afraid of taking home homeless animals. I am sure that they are not worse than pure-bred ones. Besides, animal at home can change your life for the better.

ZuzuDate: Saturday, 05.11.2011, 14:33 | Message # 17
Monitor
Group: Moders
I think it's a kind of sympathy. It's good to take care of animals. I have a striking example and many of you can guess whom I am speaking of. A woman helps homeless cats. She is fond of cats. She cleans their eyes,their ears,feeds them. It may seem funny on the one hand, but on the other,it's so nice and touching. But I don't understand those people who spend plenty of money on animals in spite of the fact that there are lots of homeless people. And it's possible to help them instead of animals.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 05.11.2011, 16:09 | Message # 18
Dean
Awards: 3
Maybe it's a kind of protest against people no matter who they are and under what condotions they live. It's really touching and at the same time sad, I mean it suggests that such people have suffered a great deal from misunderstanding, cruelty and betrayal and now the only thought about close cordial relations makes them shiver. Or there may be quite a different thing: they have bad temper and are simply mentally lazy to make an effort and step toward somebody.

Ole4kaDate: Saturday, 05.11.2011, 19:12 | Message # 19
Student
I think such people deserve respect. They do a great job. Not everybody is ready to spend free time and especially money on homeless animals. As a rule, these people are rather old and lonely, they spend their last money in order to feed animals. And perhaps only these homelees animals are their friends.
It's a pity, that there are only few number of people who are ready to sacrifice their free time for noble actions.

SunFlowerDate: Sunday, 06.11.2011, 01:31 | Message # 20
Student
Homeless peopleare quite another thing, I believe, as nobody knows why they became homeless. And sometimes it's the result of their own laziness and unwillingness to change their life. Such people can choose: do something or leave everything as it is. Animals don't have this opportunity. More likely they are doomed to stay homeless.

Ole4kaDate: Sunday, 06.11.2011, 15:05 | Message # 21
Student
Yes, people are the masters of their fate. They decide: do it or not. As for animals, they depend only on their owners.If animals don't suit people, they can throw them out without thinking what will happen to poor animals. I think people should become responsible forever for what they have tamed.

SunFlowerDate: Monday, 07.11.2011, 23:19 | Message # 22
Student
I think people should become responsible forever for what they have tamed.
that's true! For some reasons I can say that I'm pet addicted. but I'm addicted to my dog)) And since the very first day we had this little baby we understood what great responsibility we've taken. Unfortunately not everybody understands it

Ole4kaDate: Tuesday, 08.11.2011, 23:06 | Message # 23
Student
And I'm addicted to my cat. Though he is already 10 years, I treat him like a kitten. And of course I feel great responsibility. He is just a little creature in my hands.
On the whole I feel sympathy for homeless animals. Each time I see them I can't keep my emotions. If I have much money, I would open a shelter for all homeless cats and dogs. That's why I very much appreciate people who treat animals so gently.

SunFlowerDate: Thursday, 10.11.2011, 12:57 | Message # 24
Student
Well, we all appreciate people who take care of homeless animals and treat them gently... But there are some people who want to help animals to find their home and they decide to take a homeless cat for example. And after a week or so they suddenly realize that they can't get on with this poor cat, because animals like people have different characters. What will become of this poor cat? He will have to return to the street...

Former-TeacherDate: Sunday, 13.11.2011, 18:24 | Message # 25
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Quote (SunFlower)
because animals like people have different characters

I have never thought of that and I feel I doubt that animals have their own character. They are not humans! have you got a pet? Can you descrine its charcater? Is it really different from other animals?

AsyaDate: Monday, 14.11.2011, 23:20 | Message # 26
Union committee president
Awards: 6
Quote (Teacher)
I have never thought of that and I feel I doubt that animals have their own character

As far as I understand it, this is called trolling, right? biggrin
Anyway, animals do have their own character. And under no circumstances will I believe that you have never thought of that. No way. You are a perfect observer, very attentive, logical and with critical thinking.

SunFlowerDate: Wednesday, 16.11.2011, 23:39 | Message # 27
Student
I have a dog. It's hard for me to describe his character as you may think that I'm just fond of my pet! you need to watch him. But I can say it quite exactly that in comparison with other dogs of his breed (my friend has one) he is really good-natured, calm and cunning at the same time. He is playful and he loves people and always tries to make them play with him. He barks seldom and pretends not to notice other dogs in the street as he knows that he may get into trouble. And my friend's dog is the direct opposite of him. He is aggressive towards people? even towards his owners and always fights with other dogs in the street.
Attachments: 0726161.jpg (228.0 Kb)

AyayuliaDate: Thursday, 17.11.2011, 10:12 | Message # 28
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
I respect people who take care of homeless pet. As Sunflower has said, people who are not afraid of taking home homeless animals. The key word here is afraid. As for me I sheltered a number of homeless kittens, I treated them, took care of them, played with them, but they almost always kept street character (maybe due to their inheritance). But I am sure I will never take home a homeless dog. It may be just dangerous for my family, no one can guarantee that this or that dog has a normal psyche.

ZhgutikDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 10:27 | Message # 29
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
I can understand these people.When you see homeless hungry animal you want to shelter it.But people should know when to stop.These people can't look after animals so they can do something bad.In my opinion,it is just a weak will because can't stop.

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 10:48 | Message # 30
Union committee president
As for me, I hold in high respect people giving a shelter to homeless animals! In fact, there are only a few people who possess such quality as humaneness. Moreover, a pack of stray dogs walking on the streets can be extremely dangerous for people (they can even bite to death them). However, there've been such cases when people took so many homeless animals and kept them in their own flat that a flat turned into a rubbish damp and all the people living in the same house started complain about constant noises and stink. What I'm trying to say is that people should estimate their abilities properly and do not make everything for worse.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Pet addiction (Living for the sake of pets)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024