THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 03:26
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Megastarosta  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Thinking Animals (Do animals think, dream, understand, learn, have conscience?)
Thinking Animals
NikkyDate: Saturday, 27.11.2010, 21:05 | Message # 16
Course monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Quote (lovefootball))
Is it possible to compare animals with people? In point of fact, we're very different.

Of course we are.
We often compare their actions with our behavior. At the same time we know that we ARE different.

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 28.11.2010, 18:07 | Message # 17
Dean
Awards: 3
I don't know, maybe it's the influence of the atmosphere in the family that can make a pet aggressive,suspicious,timid or, on the contrary, trustful,fawning and cheerful. Though we differ much, we have the same instincts. Not without reason it's said that
a word warmly said gives comfort even to a cat. After all,every creature requires attention and love.

NekavaenDate: Monday, 29.11.2010, 00:36 | Message # 18
Head teacher
Awards: 1
You are right that the atmosphere in which a pet is kept can influence the animal's behaviour and character. The same often happens to children.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 29.11.2010, 21:02 | Message # 19
Dean
Since you've mentioned children, I've a question. Do you think that the conditions of upbringing and the atmosphere in the family can cause profound changes in a child and influence him? Or the genes will prevail? That,actually,touches upon a lot of other issues, for example, adopted children.

NekavaenDate: Monday, 29.11.2010, 22:49 | Message # 20
Head teacher
Awards: 1
It's a well-known fact that both genes and social conditions influence a growing child's personality and habits. The question about what is more important is still opened.
If you let me express my personal opinion, I will say that the atmosphere in which a kid is brought up prevails. Of course, if a person has a hereditary illness or possesses a certain number of inborn talents his or her parents have it can't be changed. But the system of values and positive habits, proper attitude to the world, respect for knowledge and religion can be acquired only through interaction with other humans and are not programmed by nature, I think.

It's really a very difficult question though it's of vital importance...

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 30.11.2010, 10:22 | Message # 21
Dean
Agree, I can't give a definite answer either. But still I tend to think that genes prevail. It's just nature and sometimes it's hardly possible to resist it. Of course, I don't mean that we don't differ much from animals but we certainly have instincts and there's something that guides us though we may not realize it.

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 30.11.2010, 19:37 | Message # 22
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Yes, I agree with you too.
By the way, do you think it's important to have a pet in a family? I mean is it always useful for children?

NikkyDate: Friday, 03.12.2010, 20:55 | Message # 23
Course monitor
Quote (Nadya)
By the way, do you think it's important to have a pet in a family? I mean is it always useful for children?

I think so. Children can learn to be responsible when they take care of the animal. It's very useful. Unless child has no allergies, of course.

Suigintou_RozenDate: Wednesday, 20.04.2011, 18:01 | Message # 24
Course monitor
I think that animals can think because I often watch my cat's behavior and I notice that his mood is always different.He can be sad or happy.I think it depends of his thoughts.That makes me think in that way.Animals are very sensitive.They can feel people's intentions or diseases and sometimes they can help.It makes me sure that animals can think.

MegastarostaDate: Monday, 20.06.2011, 23:21 | Message # 25
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
I think animals can think. and their thought dont stop on food and walking. They have brains and that is why i tend to believe that they have thoughts. Of course may be these are instincts but how can i explain that fact that dogs can count?

vanillaDate: Tuesday, 18.09.2012, 22:33 | Message # 26
Monitor
I believe, each animal has particular mind. But as for the most clever animals, I really love dolphins. Looking after them, you get a lot of pleasure. All their habits show that they understand what they do and what for they act. This fact touches me )

ValerkaDate: Sunday, 23.09.2012, 15:58 | Message # 27
Group: Reliable
Quote (Nadya)
I have a cat

It is cool!!! smile Cats are my favourite animals!!!Do you tell about your cat more?

Added (23.09.2012, 15:58)
---------------------------------------------
I think that all animals understand people. They are very clever creatures.At any moment they can support you, help you. They are really like people!!!

ZhgutikDate: Wednesday, 26.09.2012, 10:05 | Message # 28
Union organizer
I think that animals can do more things than we think!!!They always feel aur mood,our pain.Some animals try to help.Sometimes animals can do strange things but I belive that these things have a sense.There are a lot of events when animals warn us about danger.In my opinion animals are more clever than we think

:)Date: Friday, 28.09.2012, 10:18 | Message # 29
Union organizer
Animals are the most wounderful essences in the world.In my opinion they can think.They are very clever.They always cure us when we have a headache or another ilness...

ValerkaDate: Friday, 28.09.2012, 18:06 | Message # 30
Quote (Zhgutik)
They always feel aur mood,our pain

Of course, i agee!!!Pets really undesdand their feeling. My dog Deni always fells when i had a bad mood sad

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Thinking Animals (Do animals think, dream, understand, learn, have conscience?)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024