THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 29.04.2024, 13:01
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Tanya  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Silence » Silence and Thought (Selince as the best condition for thinking)
Silence and Thought
RinaDate: Tuesday, 07.06.2011, 19:13 | Message # 16
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
Hmm... Yoga is a wonderful thing for one's health - both physical and spiritual. But still it demands much time. You should practise every day to achieve results and nothing should disturb you during your practice. I know a woman who studies yoga alone, without any instructor - she reads books and watches TV programs devoted to this theme. If you have cable TV, you can watch "JiVi" channel - it is so-to-say "TV-fitness" where qualified instructors show how to perform different exercises. I have never experienced this "TV-fitness", but the woman I'm writing about says it really helps)))

LuckDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 00:16 | Message # 17
Union organizer
Awards: 5
))))))) yes, some people are fond of imitating these movements from TV:) ok, if it is good and if they like it, then why not)) But I have always thought that it's just for fun)and it would never bring any good results))ok, now I see I was mistaken:))

RinaDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 01:49 | Message # 18
Awards: 4
))) To be honest, I also thought the same way. But now when I see what this woman can do and how easily she deals with everything I understand that I was wrong too. But I still tend to think that everything depends on a person - you know, there are people who are very autodidactic))) But as for me, I need somebody to guide me - to make me do something and control me)))

MissJaneDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 19:25 | Message # 19
Union organizer
Awards: 3
First of all, yoga has little to do with silence. You usually have some melodic music (more often - sounds of nature) turned on and you have to listen to your instructor's commands. You'll never hear your "inside-self" when you attend group yoga. I went in for yoga for a couple of months and I can say it's all about auto-training.
But group sessions help you to set your schedule and consequently to 'cut out' some time to regular relaxation. But if you hope to achieve silence there, you'd better stay home and pretend you are ill, switch off the phone, pile in under the blanket and your relatives will leave you in peace.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 24.06.2011, 18:49 | Message # 20
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
But why is yoga so popular then? Maybe it's just another trend? I mean associations and fashion: someone read about its usefulness in a women's magazine or heard cries of admiration from a friend who promised unbelievable emotions, complete relaxation and almost levitation))) Who will miss such a chance? Afterwards you can either jump with joy and look forward for the next lesson or curse everything and get angry because of the wasted time. Still I suspect that not everyone can admit it)

LeoDate: Monday, 02.04.2012, 09:54 | Message # 21
Monitor
Awards: 0
At the heart of a healthy lifestyle is the proper organization of life, assuming a reasonable alternate of main elements: work, leisure, food and sleep. No doubt, that is quite significant for a person sometimes to be alone, to be absolutely alone with your thoughts, feelings and emotions. Sometimes it is the best cure of some diseases.

mrsbukaleDate: Friday, 04.05.2012, 12:03 | Message # 22
Monitor
Yoga is really wonderful for concentration. I agree with LUCK, because when you begin to go for training at the first time, the exercises seem to be easy but later they become more and more difficult and if to try to do them at home nobody is responsible for you. It even can have another effect not relaxation but tiredness.

Flower-girlDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 13:12 | Message # 23
Monitor
Awards: 1
In many cases it's very useful for a person to be in silence and to keep silence,if people are too tired angry they can spend some time without other people and to be in silence and to think about their previous lives,the things they do, work, relations with other people etc. Because it can be the best way to calm down and be Ok and get new energy from music,good films,or only one conversation with close person)as for me such a person is one of my friends,she can do it best)

VasilisaDate: Sunday, 27.05.2012, 23:13 | Message # 24
Monitor
Personally i can't keep my thoughts in myself. i always try to talk to my friend about them or just to write them down. But i'm sure every person needs silence. Maybe somebody wants to think, or to calm down. Very often big families have quarrels, because some members don't have their own private space. And this fact influences their mood.

Message edited by Vasilisa - Sunday, 27.05.2012, 23:15

strawberryDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 01:43 | Message # 25
Monitor
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8wl4u8lnDQs
at first look at this video and think it over..For me silence ia another world? the world of your feeligs?emotions,thoughts..Silence is a pause.it helps us to make a right decision and don`t talk nonsence,to analyse our behavior,acts, understand some facts,keep secrets. As they say “Eloquence is silver; silence is gold.

NiakrisDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 03:02 | Message # 26
Monitor
Silence is one of my lovely states. I like to read in silence, I prefer to sleep, think and create in silence too. It helps me to concentrate. But the state of silence around shouldn't become the state of isolation. People shouldn't go into their shells, when they look for silence.

FoxyTDate: Thursday, 27.09.2012, 22:42 | Message # 27
Group: Moders
When I teach my homework silence is important for me. In this case, it's easy for me to hear myself and assimilate information. I also find it easy to teach lessons to the sound of water )
But some things are easier to learn pronouncing aloud. Such as poems or texts in English. book blahblah

Little_MuDate: Friday, 28.12.2012, 12:19 | Message # 28
Union organizer
(FoxyT)
When I teach my homework silence is important for me. In this case, it's easy for me to hear myself and assimilate information.

I agree with you. But can you do your homework at the small noise?

PashkaaDate: Tuesday, 01.01.2013, 20:12 | Message # 29
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
I love silence. I seldom listen to music. Silence helps us to concentrate if we want to work and relax if we want to be in rest.

FoxyTDate: Sunday, 06.01.2013, 17:07 | Message # 30
Group: Moders
(Little_Mu)
But can you do your homework at the small noise?

Can) Written tasks I can do in any conditions. But if I need to learn something by heart ... then "Quiet, please"))

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Silence » Silence and Thought (Selince as the best condition for thinking)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024