THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 06.05.2024, 18:09
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Politics » Politics Everywhere like Pandemics (Why are we politicised?)
Politics Everywhere like Pandemics
lovefootball)Date: Monday, 18.04.2011, 20:15 | Message # 16
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
But adults are resposible for the upbringing of the younger generation! But I agree with you, it's impossible to make a formed person change his views, especially if he is radical...Ohhhh, that's so complicated. H'm, it has just occured to me! Isn't it possible that such total control may lead to tyranny and dictatorship?

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 19.04.2011, 12:06 | Message # 17
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Using peaceful methods, we can achieve perfect order and respect to the rules only among the members of a small group, because everybody is in full view, knows others and really cares about them without any additional pressure. But when we speak about a large number of people living on a huge territory, I’m not sure it’s possible to make everyone reasonable, responsible and hard-working without strict control, at least at the beginning of the reforms...

I sometimes think Russia is really an enigmatic country because neither democracy, nor tyranny can change the situation for the better. Our history has already proved it. We need some other way. No matter what it will look like, I agree that now we, youngsters, should start from ourselves and try to do our job properly so that to contribute to the society and don’t disturb others from doing the same.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 19.04.2011, 19:00 | Message # 18
Dean
Awards: 3
Ha-ha, you're definitely right!! But what do we need then? Stick and carrot policy? Or maybe, we should return to monarchy?
Well, as for youngsters, I can't say for sure. I'm responsible for myself only. Of course, I surround myself with people who share my views and whom I regard as honest, reliable and devoted (luckily!!!). But I have a lot of acquaintances whose wishes, behaviour and aims seem to me wild and unworthy. Still it doesn't mean I should preach them a moral and besides on their part my position and principles may look strange. Where is common ground?

TeacherDate: Wednesday, 20.04.2011, 12:33 | Message # 19
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
People should understand what to do to achieve smth. They should do this because of their own realization and will. But nevertheless government must control their actions.

In Vino Veritas...

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Politics » Politics Everywhere like Pandemics (Why are we politicised?)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024