THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 07.05.2024, 00:42
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Politics » Politics Everywhere like Pandemics (Why are we politicised?)
Politics Everywhere like Pandemics
Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 15.10.2010, 09:47 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Folks, I feel irate. No, I feel ready to fight. Why does politics invade us all? The recent educational reforms which caused severe pay cuts in schools (teachers lost up to 25%) has nothing to do with economics or social development programmes. This is all politics that is created by those who need a country full of slaves. The government took measures to reimburse people fire-caused losses, built houses, alotted some subsidies but, Alexei Kudrin (Minister of Finance), has found a new humiliating way how to return the money back to the government pocket - a new law was adopted: to increase the employment period from 8 years to 15 years that a person, who is on the sick-list, can get 100% pay. When I started working, I could have 100% sick-list payments after 8 years. With you it will be 15 years of employment. Moreover, your employment history must never interrupt. Women giving birth to children will also lose a lot. Kudrin's first calculations came to 80 Billion rubles saving.

NekavaenDate: Friday, 15.10.2010, 20:27 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Lermontov once called Russia “the country of slaves, the country of masters”. I think this vivid description suits our country completely. Our people have always suffered from the total tyranny of ambitious politicians, powerful and wealthy but indifferent to ordinary people’s wishes, needs and, being honest, lives.
But in recent years, the situation seems to be the most unsettling and uncertain. Our government nowadays makes laws that humiliate ordinary people, violate their sense of dignity. Of course, there are those who are not afraid to protest but such rebels are too few in number.
I think we mustn’t happy-go-lucky follow all strict rules given by the authorities. Let’s find people holding the same views and fight for freedom! I vote for Revolution!

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 15.10.2010, 20:33 | Message # 3
Dean
Awards: 3
Wow, revolution??? What do you mean? As the experience has shown, revolutions don't do any good...

NekavaenDate: Friday, 15.10.2010, 20:40 | Message # 4
Head teacher
You are right... But maybe, we can try to invent a new way of fighting injustice!

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 16.10.2010, 18:41 | Message # 5
Dean
Then it will be illegal, I suppose))) All lawful methods have already been invented.

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 17.10.2010, 00:30 | Message # 6
Head teacher
Our politicians do illegal things everyday...

AsyaDate: Thursday, 21.10.2010, 23:17 | Message # 7
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Teacher, that's awful!!! As E.S.Ustinova says, "I'm dis-gus-ted!". Do we have any social guarantees in this country? What is happening?! Has our government decided to get rid of a ballast (that's my euphemism to bringing a half (a working half) of the population to the brink of death)? That's unbelievable! Women are supposed to give birth to children during the week-end and on Monday go for a work again, I wonder? Are we supposed to work, running high temperature? Is it natural selection? If you get ill, shame on you! The government doesn't need such unhealthy workers: no money for you!
What nonsense!!!

beymlina_juliaDate: Wednesday, 01.12.2010, 23:39 | Message # 8
Student
Awards: 0
Don't see the reason for such an emotional outbreak!

For centuries the peoples inhabiting Russian territory have submissively pursued self-given authorities' whims.

Why wouldn't this one be satisfied then?

TeacherDate: Friday, 15.04.2011, 17:03 | Message # 9
Head teacher
It's a well-known fact that Russian government needs a country of slaves and fools, because it's easy to controll them. What can we do? Can we really do anything? Yes, we can. But this process is long and invisible for the most part of our country. Years will pass, and every of us will get some post (doesn't matter whether we be bosses or common emplyees) and will work somewhere. And the only way will be to do our duties well and to be honest: don't humiliate people around us, help them, don't abuse our positions, etc. Then we must teach and bring-up our children teaching them to live in the same way we will be living. And then, not in 5 years, not in 55 years, but someday we will get the society of honest people who will work and exist in peace together, building and maintaining the greatest country called Russia.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 15.04.2011, 19:30 | Message # 10
Dean
Wow, it proves that politics is not something abstract and inaccessible. It is we ourselves...it's simple but I need time to digest the subject, really. Maybe, everything you've mentioned is improbable? We've come to the question of human morality, principles, laws after all. If the situation described was possible, we would be able to get rid of crimes, terrorism, corruption. Besides, the sphere of our relations would change too, I mean people wouldn't lie,betray, break promises...

TeacherDate: Saturday, 16.04.2011, 09:53 | Message # 11
Head teacher
lovefootball), unfortunately, we can't live without crimes, terrorism, etc. And there will always be people who can betray or smth. like that. But we can make the level of evil in the world lower. We won't achieve an ideal country, an ideal world, or an ideal society, because nothing absolutely perfect can exist.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 16.04.2011, 18:50 | Message # 12
Dean
You're absolutely right. But people of all times have always discussed this problem and I'm sure they also had similar strivings,dreams, hopes...Judging by today, have they achieved anything? Has the world become better? There's one thing that irritates me much: it seems to me that every generation estimates its epoch as a period of crisis! Does it mean that our society and all its spheres has always been awful? Ha, if we agree, I wonder how we manage to survive))))

TeacherDate: Saturday, 16.04.2011, 19:44 | Message # 13
Head teacher
There's one more point here, but it's mot politics. People get used to see only evil. The world is bad and dark. That's not true! We should be optimists. No matter whether we see the changings or not. If we can't see smth. or don't know about smth. that doesn't mean that these things do not exist. Many people all over the world don't know that there was Panfilov with his soldiers who stopped fascist tanks near Moscow. And the price was the lives of these patriots. But still the did this. Many philanthropists spend their money on poor people or orphanages, or do sponsorship. But they don't want to publish their activity. and as I've said. the process of reforming the mentality of the society is a very complicated and long-term process.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 17.04.2011, 19:40 | Message # 14
Dean
Does this feature (I mean seeing evil for the most part) belong to our nation only? Not without reason the Russians are regarded as one of the gloomiest and most pessimistic people in the world. But maybe it's just another stereotype connected with us as well as general drunkenness, frost all the year round, felt boots...So,turning back to the subject, what should the process of reforming begin with in your opinion? And is it possible to change already shaped adults?

TeacherDate: Sunday, 17.04.2011, 20:23 | Message # 15
Head teacher
lovefootball), it's almost impossible to change adults. We should begin with little things and steps. And one more point here is that everything must be controlled. Every step of reforming must be managed everywhere in our country.

In Vino Veritas...

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Politics » Politics Everywhere like Pandemics (Why are we politicised?)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024