THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 21:10
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » Centre For Human Kindness » PAYING COMPLIMENTS
PAYING COMPLIMENTS
Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 18.12.2010, 13:33 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Compliments are really important and necessary for people. We always wait or fish for compliments. We may say compliments are not that important, but deep inside we are so pleased to hear words of appraisal, acceptance and respect.
This thread is about paying compliments to those who make you life better in many different ways. These people deserve your compliments. You can use very simple words, phrases, grammar patterns, but finish your compliment with an imaginative gift.
E.g.: 'Dear RestNow! It's so important to see you on the site. Your thoughts have made many users change their opinions and become more kind-hearted and caring. Your thoughts teach me to talk to people more patiently and kindly. I've got a gift for you - a tour to Japan!'

МарусяDate: Wednesday, 12.01.2011, 17:35 | Message # 2
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Сompliments are not simple thing.
I'm sure many persons can't pay compliments.
It is simple and difficult at one and the same time.

Message edited by Маруся - Wednesday, 12.01.2011, 17:53

vanillaDate: Friday, 06.04.2012, 15:04 | Message # 3
Monitor
As I can judge, everybody needs some problems in his life to become better, practically perfect in everything. Different troubles stimulate a person. But having only difficulties, a man can become depressed or simple upset. And compliments can save the situation that is very important. Saying something pleasant you make this person's life happier and easier
As for me, such kind of praise is a part of my life: I really like to listen to them and , certainly, to gift them )

Nikky0638Date: Sunday, 20.05.2012, 22:31 | Message # 4
Monitor
Compliments are a real weapon!!! I think everyone wants to hear them. It's pleasantly when someone says you look stunning with this make-up, hairstyle or where did you buy such a beautiful dress, you have a good taste! I know for sure if you have a bad mood compliments can rise it quickly and you will joy people with your smile again, because it's nice to see the happy faces...

FoxyTDate: Sunday, 16.09.2012, 22:42 | Message # 5
Union committee president
Group: Moders
I want to say compliments to our dear teacher and a good friend, Victor A.K. prof ) Thank you for funny and instructive lectures! English has never been so interesting. Now, I think, we can achieve anything!) hands up

Message edited by FoxyT - Sunday, 16.09.2012, 22:43

PerilovaDate: Tuesday, 18.09.2012, 19:55 | Message # 6
Head teacher
Group: Reliable
Compliments are the simple but very nice things.I think people should say the compliments each other because it makes people more happy and smiling.

PashkaaDate: Tuesday, 18.09.2012, 20:42 | Message # 7
Union organizer
There are two types of сompliments. Compliments from the heart and flattery. I think compliments are good things in any display. I like paying compliments because they make people little happier.

FoxyTDate: Sunday, 06.01.2013, 19:13 | Message # 8
Union committee president
Group: Moders
(Pashkaa)
I like paying compliments because they make people little happier

Do you always pay compliments from the heart?)

PerilovaDate: Monday, 04.03.2013, 13:01 | Message # 9
Head teacher
Quote (Pashkaa)
There are two types of сompliments. Compliments from the heart and flattery. I think compliments are good things in any display. I like paying compliments because they make people little happier.

Who of your loved ones get compliments more often?

Message edited by Perilova - Monday, 04.03.2013, 13:02

PashkaaDate: Thursday, 05.09.2013, 14:31 | Message # 10
Union organizer
Quote (Perilova)
Who of your loved ones get compliments more often?

Well, I'm generous with compliments, so if I have a good mood, I can give them to every person I meet, but my girlfriend and my mother get compliments from me more often, because it's very important for me to see joy in their eyes.  :)

Added (05.09.2013, 14:31)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (FoxyT)
Do you always pay compliments from the heart?)

To tell the truth, not always  biggrin Flattery is the most innocuous type of lie. If you want to rise someone's mood so why not?!

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » Centre For Human Kindness » PAYING COMPLIMENTS
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024