THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 28.03.2024, 22:49
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » Centre For Human Kindness » TO UNDERSTAND or NOT TO UNDERSTAND
TO UNDERSTAND or NOT TO UNDERSTAND
Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 18.02.2011, 13:45 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
I often ask myself these questions:
- Do I understand others? What does it mean to understand others? Does it mean that people must use the same language and habits?
- Is understanding a simple thing to show or is it a habit that must be cultivated?
- Do I understand why people treat life differently?
- Do I understand that understanding is often impossible or even unnecessary and uninvited?
- Can we say that it is our human duty to understand each other?
- Or is it again a kind of inborn instinct of survival to limit our understanding of others?

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 18.02.2011, 21:20 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
I think an inborn instinct (or a bad habit?) is to look for people similar to us and to protect ouselves from strangeness (it's a wide and very individual notion). And understanding is an important and essential step in our development that shows our cultural level and an ability to overcome selfishness. At the same time it isn't our duty, it's free choice.

PashkaaDate: Thursday, 05.09.2013, 15:13 | Message # 3
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
Awards: 0
I don't understand people who evaluate a person by his or her clothes and material state. Such things don't show an inner world of people.
I don't understand people who are always rude and unfriendly to others. We must'n lose a chance to meet new friends.
I don't understand people who love only theirself. Selfish people are usually unhappy.

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » Centre For Human Kindness » TO UNDERSTAND or NOT TO UNDERSTAND
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024