THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 07.05.2024, 18:27
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » The World of My Dreams » My Dream Spouse
My Dream Spouse
Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 03.12.2010, 10:35 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Marriage is for some of us an everyday reality and for some others a future reality.
Have you ever had a mental picture of your future spouse?
What character traits and qualities must he or she possess?
What do your value most in your present or future spouse?
What interests or hobbies must your spouse have so that you always feel happy near him/her?
A dream spouse - is it really possible?

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 03.12.2010, 19:18 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
A dream spouse? I guess it's not possible!Everybody knows that there's nothing ideal in the world. The key here is tolerance and acceptance And another thing concerning dreams: maybe their charm is hidden in their irreality? I mean it can be very pleasant to relax and allow fancy to play round.

thinkerDate: Wednesday, 15.12.2010, 16:17 | Message # 3
Monitor
Awards: 0
One of the last news in mass media says that one Australian has married his dog. I think a dog is the best spouse, because it's devoted, clever and kind but I'm not sure that it's a dream spouse of everybody smile

Added (15.12.2010, 16:17)
---------------------------------------------
To be honest, a dream-spouse must be big and reliable like a stone wall! He may also be honest, kind, gentle, tender, active and with beautiful appearance. Preferably, he must be without disadvantages)) But all this is only dreams. In real life let him be a little strange and careful. It will be enough.

МарусяDate: Monday, 20.12.2010, 18:46 | Message # 4
Monitor
lovefootball), Are you a philosopher by nature?
I like a lot of your answers.
If I didn't know that you are a student, I'd think you're 30 years old.
Your thoughts are interesting and clear.

Message edited by Маруся - Monday, 20.12.2010, 18:50

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 25.12.2010, 22:15 | Message # 5
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Thinker, the more I know about men, the more I think a dog is an ideal spouse for me!

A dog is strong, devoted, clever and will never say: "You look awful today", "I don't like the way you dress", "Your friens are idiots", "I am a man! I will decide what to do!", "Woman, know your place!", "This soup tastes terrible! My mother (or former girlfriend) cooks much better!" and so on... Why should I tolerate this? No, I'd rather not! angry

Маруся, I agree with you. I also adore all Lovefootball)'s messages and can't believe she's an ordinary student...

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 26.12.2010, 18:46 | Message # 6
Dean
Wow, I'm deeply flattered!)))) Frankly speaking, it's our communication that makes me think harder and look into a matter at different angles.
Ha-ha, poor dogs, you lay too many hopes on them! Anyway, women are not fun to deal with either)

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 27.12.2010, 09:46 | Message # 7
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Come on, folks! biggrin It makes me laugh to read some of your 'hate-all-men' messages.
If your boy-friend allows himself to say any of those things mentioned by Nekavaen, please leave him! It may be hard, but leave. You may explain or may not explain. You'd better explain.
If you see, understand and feel that such things humiliate you, make it clear to your partner. If the partner doesn't accept, it's a sign he is not yours. The same advice to all males.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 28.12.2010, 08:47 | Message # 8
Head teacher
I didn’t mean to say that I hate men. I just prefer to make friends with them. biggrin

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 28.12.2010, 19:16 | Message # 9
Dean
That's because you don't take these incautious remarks so seriously if a friend makes them? Are our requirements to friends lower that to partners? H'm, that means you believe in such friendship....why?

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 02.01.2011, 23:25 | Message # 10
Head teacher
I guess you’ve misunderstood my message, Lovefootball). Huh, it’s my fault… Well, I’ll try to make myself clear.
I wanted to say that, in my opinion, men use such remarks only when talking to their wives.

But a friend will never say so. He will never treat me like this because we don’t belong to each other. We spend a lot of time together, we trust each other, we need each other but we are both free. I have my own life and he has his own one. He may give advice but he’ll never try to show his power over me.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 03.01.2011, 20:08 | Message # 11
Dean
That depends on a friend and his/her self-confidence or selfishness. By the way, do you think it's normal when partners treat each other like some property? Should a wife and a husband have their personal environment and maybe even secrets?

natasha001Date: Tuesday, 04.09.2012, 12:18 | Message # 12
Student
Oh, that's an easy question. My future husband should be good-looking;)Tall and sporty, with big blue eyes, of course. He should understand me and support in everything. He also needs to have a good sence of humor so we will have fun together. He should be interested in family life activities like going to dacha. He should be fond of small dogs because I love them a lot and can't see my future life without them. wink

Little_MuDate: Tuesday, 04.09.2012, 23:47 | Message # 13
Union organizer
To tell the truth,I don't think about my future husbend yet. But I'm sure that he must be very careful and gentle. Also,he must be clever and self-reliant. Moreover,he must have a good sense of humor because it's important for me. And surely,we will love each other more than anything else.

Message edited by Little_Mu - Monday, 10.09.2012, 16:41

ZhgutikDate: Friday, 07.09.2012, 19:15 | Message # 14
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
Little_Mu,
To say the truth,I don't think about my future husbend yet. But I'm sure that he must be very careful and gentle. He also must be clever and self-reliant. Moreover,he must have a good sense of humor because it's important for me. And surely,we will love each other more than anything else.

Why a good sense of humor is so important for you?

PashkaaDate: Friday, 07.09.2012, 20:08 | Message # 15
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
It is rarity, that people find a dream spouse. I think my future wife must be beautiful and smart. Also we must understand each other. She must have a good sense of humor, I wouldn't like have a serious wife. And of corse we must love each other, because it is a main thing.

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » The World of My Dreams » My Dream Spouse
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024