• »
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Hunting for Life » Hunting for Money
Hunting for Money
Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 09.12.2010, 09:46 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Money makes the world go round! Simple and true? Simple but dangerous?
It is everywhere every second of our lives. Our attitudes to money vary greatly!
People need money! People hunt for money! People live on money! Why do we depend on money?

TanyaDate: Sunday, 12.12.2010, 23:36 | Message # 2
Course monitor
Group: Friends
Money is something that we use every day. Money is the main source for a living for every person and without it we can't buy our basic needs of food, water and shelter. Today even social status depends on money supply in our purse. Sometimes money has the same status as power. And many people probably think that when you make a lot of money, you'll be happy. But I don't think so, it is a well-known fact that neither a lot of money nor public recognition can give you the main things in our life - health, love and happiness.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 13.12.2010, 22:03 | Message # 3
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
I think we just shouldn't take it in such a way. Yes, we need money, so what? We need health, love, care as well! Money isn't an end in itself or the summit of happiness. We put too much weight to the point, I mean all these talks concerning money and our dependence on it.

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 22.12.2010, 18:25 | Message # 4
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Every person needs money.Many people think that money brings happiness. But it's not true. For example, Mark Larsen won over nine million pounds on the lottery two years ago. At first, his life was fantastic and Mark spent a lot of money on a big new house and five new cars. Then the problems started. Some friends began to ask him for money. He had a lot of arguments with his wife and they divorced. Now he says, "I haven't got any friends and I feel lonely. Life was better when I didn't have much money." So I don't think that money makes us happy. Other people, our family, friends make us happy, not money!

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 22.12.2010, 20:11 | Message # 5
Dean
I don't think the reason for his misfortune was money. No. It was just another test, experience, challenge. It could be anything else just as well. The thing is that he had some hidden wishes, unrealized hopes, maybe complexes that made themselves evident in such a way. I'm sure that would have happened sooner or later irrespective of money.

NekavaenDate: Monday, 27.12.2010, 00:12 | Message # 6
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I know one thing for sure. If money is earned in a dishonest or corrupt way, it won’t bring any happiness. And even if the owner of an incredible capital is all right, his or her children will pay for everything. It’s sad but it’s a rule of human life that children have to pay for the crimes their parents have committed.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 27.12.2010, 09:55 | Message # 7
Dean
Thanks, Nekavaen, for expressing my own thoughts. Yes, money is important! yes, money helps solve problems! But money must never be the most important thing in life. Honesty, kindness, patience, care, love, hard work, help.... money will flow into your hand... We shouldn't panic if we don't have as much money as somebody else.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 27.12.2010, 20:54 | Message # 8
Dean
Envy...it's awful. It corrodes us from the inside. It's like a monster that kills all our good intentions. The most interesting thing is that when an envious person finally gets money (no matter how), he doesn't calm down. No. It's just the tip of the iceberg.

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 27.01.2011, 12:33 | Message # 9
Head teacher
Yes, envy is a bad feeling that ruins our souls. It’s certainly better to fight it.
But being honest, I’ve never met a single person in my life who doesn’t know what it is. Sometimes all of us want to have something that belongs to somebody else. Isn’t that so?

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 27.01.2011, 18:46 | Message # 10
Dean
Sure, but maybe it's just a step in our development? We feel it, learn what it is and how to avoid it. But if one still can't grow up and is tortured with envy, with this all-absorbing passion, that's a problem. And do you believe that envy is not always negative?

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 29.01.2011, 09:26 | Message # 11
Dean
Envy is always destructive and dangerous. Avoid it! Never let it in! Fight it severely! You may have identical wishes or hopes and can find a right way how to achieve or get what you want. We should be reasoning, contemplating, active...

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 29.01.2011, 13:21 | Message # 12
Dean
So if we want to have the same thing but don't curse or hate its owner, it isn't envy? And is it OK that we srain after something just because our friend has it? Maybe, it's inferiority complex?

NekavaenDate: Monday, 31.01.2011, 13:42 | Message # 13
Head teacher
I think if we want the same thing, it is envy anyway.

But a person has two ways to solve the problem:
1) to act dishonestly and deprive the person who is more successful of his or her belongings;
2) to try hard and get the same through had work (of course, not everything in this world can be gained so, but we are talking about hunting for money now). In this case envy, combined with the wish not to be worse than others, is not so bad, I think. The question is how this person will use the capital and how big money will effect his\her personality.

I’m sure people with inferiority complex are more likely to envy tacitly or curse others but do nothing to earn money and achieve success for themselves.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 31.01.2011, 14:52 | Message # 14
Dean
That's interesting, so envy together with ambitions and energy can be a driving force! If we take for granted that envy is always destructive, we can suppose that it's just healthy competition and a desire to be the only leader.

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 11.05.2011, 18:47 | Message # 15
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Of course, envy isn't a good feature. It makes people angrier, more nervous and even more reserved. But, at the same time, it can help us to focus on ourselves. To be a little bit envious is sometimes even useful for people because we always try to be better if we see somebody who is more successful than we are. Unfortunately, not all people can "use their envy in a right way". Also, we shouldn't forget that there is a thin line between being envy "in a good way" and being envy "in a bad way". Moreover, being envy in a bad way is still more spread among people.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Hunting for Life » Hunting for Money
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024