• Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Hunting for Life » Hunting for Power
Hunting for Power
Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 09.12.2010, 09:50 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Look at you in the mirror! Does the person whom you see there need power, authority, fame? Hunting for power can be viewed as a life goal. Is it hunting for power or waiting for power? Another human instinct?

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 14.12.2010, 01:12 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
As for me, I don’t want any power. I don’t like to give commands and to bend other people to my wishes. The only things I need from others in this world to be contented are trust and respect. If I have them, I’ll be happy.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 14.12.2010, 14:38 | Message # 3
Dean
Awards: 3
Power is a great responsibility and even danger. It's obvious that only "select" ones from those who are eager for power are really able to bear it. Power is like an explosive mixture that requires delicate handling.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 14.12.2010, 23:25 | Message # 4
Head teacher
I'm with you here. It’s also said that power can spoil people. I've already seen a number of examples that prove this saying. I don't like people who are quiet as mice, shy, obliging, yielding when they are ordinary workers; but then become agressive, intolerant, captious and wicked bosses. Maybe, I don't seek power because I'm afraid that the same will happen to me... Who knows...

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 15.12.2010, 14:54 | Message # 5
Dean
There's always the risk, I should say. Only a truly confident, generous and fair-minded person can bear this burden. I am not dramatizing, I just want to say that power is not to be trifled with.

2YoungDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 15:12 | Message # 6
Monitor
Awards: 0
Of course I need power. It can help everyone to change everything he wants. But it won't come to you, if you just sit and wait. So you have to work to get any domination. And of course power is dangerous...But no one can stop me from dreaming about changing my life.

Metus, dolor, mors ac formidines

Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 13.05.2011, 10:33 | Message # 7
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Quote (2Young)
Of course I need power.

It seems to be a good observation and an honest look into oneself. I also think that a human being was born to get and exercise some form of power. I like the idea of a 'powerful person'. 2Young has mentioned two important kinds of power - positive and dangerous. I just wonder how we can learn to understand that the power that we may all have is sometimes positive or negative, and when it happens.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 17.05.2011, 11:44 | Message # 8
Head teacher
I agree that a dream to have some power over others is natural for people. But it’s certainly more important to gain power over you first. To be a good leader, one should be a well-balanced person who can control his or her emotions and knows when and how everything ought to be done and said.

As for me, I prefer to be a power broker or a “grey cardinal”. It means officially I’m not at the head of a group but others always listen to my advice, and my opinion is crucially important for the real leader. It’s a comfortable position for people who want to help and know a lot but are not very ambitious.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 17.05.2011, 19:13 | Message # 9
Dean
H'm, I guess this position is certainly not only for those who want to direct their energy towards the good. And it seems to me that they ARE ambitious. The point is that such leaders are clever and well-informed of all possible undertow. Actually, that's the way how most countries exist! A formal ruler is just a cover and an official representative. At the same time there is a group of people behind his throne who really control everything. The position is perfect! You have power, money, personal profit and you aren't the first one to blame for in case of emergency! By the way, it concerns not only countries. The same happens at offices, schools, factories, everywhere.

VasilisaDate: Sunday, 27.05.2012, 23:06 | Message # 10
Monitor
Every man wants power. At his work, in his family, it's an instinct. And hunting is just our life. We all try to live and every day struggle for it. We are like animals especial now. Some time before people could make logical sense to their minds, but nowadays we are loosing all powers of thought or feeling.

Message edited by Vasilisa - Sunday, 27.05.2012, 23:07

vanillaDate: Tuesday, 18.09.2012, 22:46 | Message # 11
Monitor
People are used to be chief in this world. They can not imagine that oter creatures will govern here. In theis apprehension they forget about their power and great mind. No matter how much we are able to stay in spiritual awareness and the experience of the present moment, there are plenty of challenges to knock us off our path. The energy of most around us is one of body conscious fear, shame, projection and blame.

ArchieDate: Sunday, 23.09.2012, 22:32 | Message # 12
Monitor
Human is weak by nature. Power is just an illusion. Someone has a lot of money, but it is just a painted paper. Someone has a gun in his hand, but it is just a piece of iron and plastic. Someone is a "big man" in society, but this is also an illusion of power. Our bodies are weak, our souls are weak. Our real power is limited by God. And that is good, because all of us are too stupid and egoistic to have power.

LeoDate: Monday, 24.09.2012, 02:35 | Message # 13
Monitor
Quote (Archiejavascript://)
all of us are too stupid and egoistic to have power.
I believe you write about yourself. How can you define any person with his "power"???........people are different.......and be sure that there are some of them who HAVE power. The question is in yourself if you really think so or you just want to hide away your weakness.....

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Hunting for Life » Hunting for Power
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024