[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Luck  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Body Art: Tattoos
Body Art: Tattoos
NadyaDate: Saturday, 18.12.2010, 15:07 | Message # 16
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
To tell the truth I don't like tattoos. I agree with Megastarosta that there is a difference between modern tattoo and tattoos that people made 20 years ago in prison. But this isn't a very big difference for me. I just don't like when there is a tattoo (especially a big and a strange tattoo) on the body. And I don't think that it's beautiful when, for example, a beautiful young girl has a tattoo on her arm. But it's just my opinion.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 18.12.2010, 18:32 | Message # 17
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Agree, I think a tattoo can be a reason for misunderstanding. There's a possibility that people will get a wrong impression of one's personality! We may imply one thing but the tattoo sends quite different signals. What should we do with this incongruity?

NekavaenDate: Monday, 20.12.2010, 23:44 | Message # 18
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I agree with Mad Panda that a tattoo is a real piece of art.
Some time ago only criminals and sometimes soldiers had ink pictures on their bodies. But times have changed! Nowadays tattoos are used not only to show gang membership – people, especially those of older generations, should at least try to understand it.

About possible misunderstanding…
Should we always care about what others say and think? A tattoo is something very personal and intimate, very symbolic and special. It should be done only if a person really wants it. The message of the tattoo should be clear to its bearer first. It may stay a mystery for others forever, even for close friends. But it’s OK, I’m sure.

About girls… I think that a cigarette in a mouth, vulgar behaviour and narrow-mindedness are more likely to make a young woman unattractive than a tattoo.

Attachments: 7319072.jpg (26.0 Kb) · 4107192.jpg (86.3 Kb) · 7580977.jpg (36.8 Kb)

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 21.12.2010, 19:06 | Message # 19
Dean
The last one is really very elegant! That's certainly an intimate thing but we can't ignore the sociaty at all. I'm against subservience, I mean we should be free within due limits. I've come to the conclusion that all that depends on one's upbringing, the parents' example and the degree of freedom and personal environment one had while a child.

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 22.12.2010, 15:15 | Message # 20
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
These are really beautiful body decorations! No stereotyping! Since tattooing is still a social challenge, the problem is more intimate. A tattoo gets your eyes fixed on the body; some may feel embarrassed. A female tattoo bearer should be ready to become an object of gazing. I see no problem here. Yet, a funny incident occurs to me. I often see girls wearing mini-skirts, often making nervous gestures pulling it a little down as if she felt uneasy about being scrutinized by male eyes. I really don't understand such a mini-skirt wearer. A mini-skirt is meant to provoke gazing. The same with a beautiful tattoo... biggrin

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 22.12.2010, 20:19 | Message # 21
Dean
That's true, but some girls overdo while flirting and become too mannered. And it really concerns tattoos! Some people really believe it's an intimate thing and don't put on an act, showing their tattoo "purely accidentally". Others pretend to be insulted when they're gazed at but try to pose at the same time)))

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 28.12.2010, 09:04 | Message # 22
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Yes, it irritates me when people with tattoos pose.

Still there is something that infuriates me even more. It’s popular nowadays to have your skin inked with hieroglyphs. But not everyone knows their meanings.
When I see a person with an inked hieroglyph, I always ask him or her: “Do you know the meaning of this drawing?” And I often get the following answer: “Meaning? I’ve heard these pictures have meanings… But I’m not studying Chinese or Japanese! I’m not supposed to know it! I just like the picture itself. It’s cool and extraordinary, don’t you think so?”
Hieroglyphs are not pictures! There are people who know what exactly they mean! A hieroglyph may be really beautiful; but what if it means, for example, “illness”, “stupid”, “machine”, “casket”?

About clothes.
Teacher, I always smile when I see girls who dare wear minis and feel embarrassed in public.
I dislike the following. I hate it when plump girls wear minis or short tops.
I think a person should be aware of which clothes are suitable for her figure and which are inappropriate. Clothes should be chosen according to the rules of common sense and aesthetic beauty. As for me, I know I’m not slim enough for wearing minis. So I prefer midlength skirts.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Message edited by Nekavaen - Tuesday, 28.12.2010, 13:21

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 29.12.2010, 22:12 | Message # 23
Dean
But for a lot of people hieroglyphs are no more than just exotic pictures...That's why they make such tattoos. Maybe, these pictures seem to them original. H'm, I guess, people want to show up and don't think much of a better way how to do that. Hieroglyphs attach mystique and importance.

Suigintou_RozenDate: Friday, 06.05.2011, 13:41 | Message # 24
Course monitor
Young people like to exhibit tattoos for different reasons.I think that the main reason is get attention.A person with unusual tatto deserves respect.
Personally I like tattooing.I know a lot of people who really like them and think that they are a piece of art.These people are proud of them and nobody will make them change their minds.
I would like to get a tattoo on my neck,wrist or ankle.I want it to be birds or interesting inscription.
By the way japan tatto looks great! hands

Message edited by Suigintou_Rozen - Friday, 06.05.2011, 13:43

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 19.06.2011, 18:55 | Message # 25
Dean
Respect? Why? Because they have enough courage to show their personal tastes and views or simply openly demonstrate their body? But in some cases real motives have nothing to do with bravery.On the contrary it can be the desire to imitate someone, to correspond to a certain subculture or just draw public attention. Maybe, this guy jumps with joy when he sees disapproval in spmebody's eyes or hears criticism: it's his method of self-actualization. I doubt the fact that it's serious...I can compare such manifestations with adolescent tricks, something like dying one's hair in green, running away from home and snipping clothes in order to look like a rock-star)

MegastarostaDate: Monday, 20.06.2011, 23:36 | Message # 26
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
My husband has a tattoo and i can say that i like it so much. I dont think that it can spoil your body or if you are a girl, it is disgusting and prohibited for you. Look at African tribes or Asian people for example, the tattoos are their national symbols, is it possible to say. They always decorated their body and face wit the help of it. i really want to have a tattoo but i'm scared a little bit. Just cant feel pain(

Angel757Date: Friday, 13.04.2012, 13:40 | Message # 27
Monitor
I like tattooing very much) but I think that every tattoo on your body should express something personal which you alone can understand! It can be a sign or a hieroglyph or a phrase) I want to make a tattoo but I'm not sure about the form of it! I want it to expess my inner world)

VasilisaDate: Wednesday, 18.04.2012, 00:37 | Message # 28
Monitor
To my mind real tattooing isn't a way to decorate body but it's a sign of something. I like tatoos which have sense, not a cat, a butterfly or a flower which can tell "Oh, i'm so nice, i like animals and i'm very romantic." Or brocken hearts which inform everyone of unlucky love. It's not for me.
I wanted to make a tattoo some years ago. But i did't make it. And now i have no desire. I agree with Angel757 that a tattoo should express inner world. I see many things in my life and in other people's life. I know what tattoo i want to make exactly. But i am too young for it. I'm going to make a tattoo approximately at 35-40. As a symbol of a new life.

GoldilocksDate: Sunday, 22.04.2012, 13:19 | Message # 29
Monitor
To my mind, there’s nothing bad in tattooing. Tattoos look good on some people. But as for me, I don’t want a tattoo. First, I’m afraid my taste can change a lot and I will hate a picture I liked before. And second, I don’t think it will look good on me.

Nikky0638Date: Thursday, 10.05.2012, 00:09 | Message # 30
Monitor
I like tattoo))) When I was a child my parents and I went to the south where I liked to do a temporary tattoo. What can I say about tatoos for life I treat them positively. In the depth of my heart may be I want to do it, but I'm not ready to take such a risk, because first of all it's dangerous for health, the second reason I'm afraid I will regret about it...tastes can change quickly and in the end it can lose its attraction. What else can be said... I like tatoos which are rather small and I can't understand those people who do it throughout the body.

Message edited by Nikky0638 - Thursday, 10.05.2012, 00:11

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Body Art: Tattoos
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024