Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
What do you think of piercing?

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 12.12.2010, 01:31 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
It’s quite OK to have traditional and multiple ear piercing. But I’m sure that piercing of all other parts of our body is very inconvenient and troublesome. I just can’t imagine how people with tongue piercing eat and kiss, how people with nose piercing blow their noses, how people with navel piercing wear jerseys (jewelry must constantly catch on clothes, I presume). I guess it takes time to get used to it.
Nevertheless, if a person really wants to get pierced and is ready to do it consciously, voluntarily and not only because friends will find it cool, he or she should try.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 12.12.2010, 19:01 | Message # 3
Dean
Awards: 3
Oh, I don't think piercing differs much from tattooing. But jewels can be removed and that certainly counts in favor of them))) I'm just remote from all that, but I should admit that piercing can be regarded as art. I mean I'm not objective)

MadPandaDate: Tuesday, 14.12.2010, 00:11 | Message # 4
Monitor
Awards: 0
both my ears are pierced ^^ I have 5 earrings in the left ear and 3 earrings in the right one... I've got a nice lizard hanging on my right ear, it IS really cute, but very cold in winter happy I also had a piercing of a nail... that jewel looked nice, but was inconvenient
ps I knew girls who pierced their tooth... To my mind, it looks weird

MissJaneDate: Sunday, 12.06.2011, 12:20 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Group: Friends
I'm convinced every beauty item should not be permanent, Fashion trends come and go away (as well as your attitude to them) and you need to have certain freedom to alter your looks. More often piercing is not appropriate (except for ear piercing with women), and I can't imagine my mum with a ring in the belly-button or Dmitry Medvedev with a brilliant in the ear. By the way, non-professional piercing may cause you harm. Unsterilized instruments may lead to contagion and even lethal outcome. You should also be very careful with the small wound during a few weeks after the piercing so as not to infect it. You'd better use gold or silver pieces of jewelry for the same reason.
I would never have piercing. I just can't see the practical value of it (again except for earrings).

RinaDate: Sunday, 12.06.2011, 16:40 | Message # 6
Union committee president
Awards: 4
Quote (MissJane)
I would never have piercing. I just can't see the practical value of it (again except for earrings).

And what about multiple ear piercing when a person has more than two earrings? As for me, I have three earrings and I tend to believe it's quite normal - a small diamond in my left ear is rather modest and I hope I don't look like those freaks who have piercing everywhere you can notice it (and even where you can't biggrin )
As for me I like boys with ear piercing. Not a ring but a small stud. Dunno, may be it's just a kind of fetish biggrin

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 12.06.2011, 18:53 | Message # 7
Dean
To tell the truth I don't regard earrings as a kind of piercing if only there are not TOO many of them) We're so used to such jewels...Actually it's funny: what if history had changed its tack? Now we would wear piercing, for example, in eyebrows or teeth and take it for granted! At the same time earrings would look strange and only freaks or those who are especially free-thinking would allow themselves to wear them) So, when we look more closely, we can realize that first and foremost it's a matter of tradition and personal taste is less important in this respect. As for men, I'm in two minds! On the one hand a well-groomed and (!!!!))) masculine-looking guy with a small diamond in his ear can really look cool but at the same time he isn't convincing for me, I doubt the fact that I would trust him.

MissJaneDate: Sunday, 12.06.2011, 22:00 | Message # 8
Union organizer
I really don't know what forces people to make holes in their body. The tradition of piercing the body came to our land many centuries ago. According to the chronicles of Old Russia, the first mentioning of piercing of different body parts refers to the time Prince Igor's rule. Mainly it was ears and everybody could have their ears pierced no matter whether it was a woman or a man.
In Ancient Egypt only priestesses and women who were close to the Pharaoh could pierce their belly-buttons. In Ancient India married women wore a ring in one of the nostrils. So it was all for being distinguished from the majority, to show your membership of a certain group. Piercing was also employed in many rituals in which a person had to undergo ordeals and to prove they had a nerve.
Today you can have almost every part of your body pierced, even the eyelids. Barbells, navels, twists, labrets are used to decorate the body. Wanna look like this? biggrin
Attachments: 7272716.jpg (23.0 Kb)

TanyaDate: Monday, 13.06.2011, 00:12 | Message # 9
Course monitor
As for me I am still against piercing. I think that our body is perfect as it is and doesn't need any ornaments to make it more beautiful or anything like that. People are beautiful the way they are.

MegastarostaDate: Monday, 20.06.2011, 23:53 | Message # 10
Union organizer
Well, it is a debatable question. I like men who have piercing in the ears and i like when girls have a small diamond in the nose. I don't like it when a person has a lot of piercing. I looks disgusting.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 02.07.2011, 14:59 | Message # 11
Dean
And what about time frame? I mean up to what age it's appropriate to wear piercing? It may really look cool and stylish but I can't imagine my father or mother with such jewels))) And besides we shouldn't forget about personal example: a child who sees various piercings and tattooings on his parents is simply doomed to decorating himself in the same way but the true realization of the meaning,specificity and consequences comes later. Another thing: is it ethical for teachers to do piercing? I think in Europe people don't take it seriously but in our country the situation is quite different. Oh and I've just read that there's even the Bible of piercing...

Fr_ArseniosDate: Wednesday, 13.07.2011, 15:29 | Message # 12
Student
I don't like piercing. And I don't see any practical use in it. However, it is convenient to lead by the nose ring. Besides, an earring was a symbol of a slave. So when I see a person with an earring I understand that the person is psychologically ready for submission. Speaking of a woman wearing earrings is a social sign of being submitted to and protected by a man. Today we witness that people who have piercing depend on fashion trends. But these fashion trends are not formed by the end users, but by companies whose task it is to build a certain ideology, in our case - ideology of submission. At the same time, the more a person is psychologically vulnerable, the more piercing items he/she needs to hide their "I" behind them. From the Biblical point of you piercing is not allowed and is considered a sin. Man is made to the image and likeness of God and doesn't need such ornamentation. Although it is considered beautiful, but I think this beauty is doubtful.

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 20.07.2011, 21:31 | Message # 13
Dean
Well... to tell the truth I've never heard such an opinion, so your words really gave me much food for thought! Still, I think they're too dogmatic. If we consider piercing from the religious point of view, we're supposed to be extremely precise and delicate not to overstep the bounds of common sense. Faith and God aren't public property...it's an individual matter and I don't think that jewels in the body characterize one's beliefs so severely. As for psychology and ulterior motives I wouldn't be so straightforward. Human mind is an unlimited stream full of mysteries and paradoxes, I mean that what is relevant for one person may be absolutely irrelative for another.

mrsbukaleDate: Friday, 04.05.2012, 12:21 | Message # 14
Monitor
I can`t understand those people who have piercings in face and body. I suppose it`s just enough to have earrings. We are born with a special beauty, for what people destroy their natural appearance?! A piece of metal can`t make a person more beauty.

Nikky0638Date: Sunday, 06.05.2012, 22:21 | Message # 15
Monitor
To understand why people pierce various parts of their body is difficult. Really why do they need in it, why they are not satisfied with what they have. However, in ancient times piercing was very important, it's closely associated with the culture this or those nation. But nowadays people do it because it is fashionable except for piercing in ears that is very popular. I do not like when people pierce their face or other parts of the body except for the navel. I like it, to my mind it's beautiful. I pierced it in 14 years and I do not regret it smile

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Body Art: Piercing
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024