[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Luck  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Body Art: Make-up
Body Art: Make-up
NekavaenDate: Monday, 18.04.2011, 00:19 | Message # 16
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Yes, I like this program and watch it from time to time. It can teach females how to look daintier.

Still I think shows with models aren’t safe for everyone. You know, most fashion stars are beautiful but so skinny! Some females may start worrying about their own imperfection and fall ill both physically and mentally.

Luckily, nowadays woman with proportions that differ from this stupid standard 90-60-90 start appearing on photos and podiums. We are all special. That’s why all women should have a chance to see how their figures and faces can be presented in a winsome way.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 18.04.2011, 20:07 | Message # 17
Dean
Awards: 3
H'm, do you think any standards are stupid and useless? I haven't thought about that...Well, on the one hand they force certain rules and restrictions upon women, especially young ones who don't know their body and how to present it in the best way. But it's an individual question, isn't it? If we consider these standards from another point of view, maybe even abstractly from the typical 90-60-90 formula, we'll see that they praise woman's body and its natural proportions. Besides, there're models for plump girls, I mean modern fashion industry is very flexible, it changes depending on our demand. Actually, we're lucky to live at the time when self-expression and personal tastes are allowed.

TanyaDate: Wednesday, 15.06.2011, 21:37 | Message # 18
Course monitor
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
For many years woman has been wearing makeup. Some of them don’t feel pretty if they don’t have any makeup on. But one important thing, sometimes woman forget about the sense of proportion and look like as if they are going to visit a Halloween party. It is awful!

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 15.06.2011, 23:20 | Message # 19
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
I completely agree with you. There are a lot of girls and women who use too much make-up and the most terrible thing is that they think they look perfect but indeed it's not true. By the way, I find it quite good that there are some programmes (such as "Cosmetic Renovation") where faked girls are helped to return their natural beauty.

AsyaDate: Thursday, 16.06.2011, 09:29 | Message # 20
Awards: 6
Quote (Tanya)
Some of them don’t feel pretty if they don’t have any make-up on

Being without make-up is like being naked: you just can't feel comfortable. At least mascara. I've got used to it))
Over-usage of make-up is also a problem. Especially among teenagers aged 13-14. They want to look more grown-up and rather feminine but as it usually happens they look simply funny.

RinaDate: Thursday, 16.06.2011, 11:33 | Message # 21
Awards: 4
Quote (Nadya)
By the way, I find it quite good that there are some programmes (such as "Cosmetic Renovation")

Yes, I believe that this TV show is a must for the girls who can't imagine their life without vulgar make-up. May be it will help them to understand that they can be pretty without tonnes of toner, powder, eye shadow and all these "sparkles-sparkles-sparkles!"

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 17.06.2011, 15:13 | Message # 22
Dean
But not all participants keep their style after the renovation and this fact is not concealed. Why do you think the producers took such a decision? To show that one and the same method doesn't work with everyone? Or maybe doing this they demonstrate respect towards the opinion and taste of the characters and admit their right to decide themselves how to look, what to put on and how many kilos of cosmetics and sparkles to use?))) To tell the truth I tend to believe that it's just a cunning trick to attract audience, not more...) But still, what do you think?

MegastarostaDate: Monday, 20.06.2011, 23:39 | Message # 23
Union organizer
Awards: 2
As a designer i can say that sometimes a make -up can spoil your look. There is a notion for the last three years th have as less make-up as it possible. Naturalness, your natural hair color are honored all over the world. Just look at modern famous stylists and what they advise you.

NadyaDate: Saturday, 25.06.2011, 12:59 | Message # 24
lovefootball), I think that the aim of such programmes is to show that everyone can look very pretty and beautiful. They advise you what's better for our hair, skin and so on. Some of the advices are really sensible and many girls or even boys can use them. But everyone decides for himself/herself to consider them and maybe to change something in yourself or just to laugh at these advices and to continue going with "kilos of cosmetics and sparkles")))

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 29.06.2011, 19:20 | Message # 25
Dean
Agree, they show to the youth a cartain image, maybe even an ideal one. It's like a possible perspective that will probably become necessary in the future. Anyway. I have a question that gives me no peace. There're people who keep saying that appearance is not important at all. I mean not your facial features or figure but various "applications" such as green hair colour, bloody contact lens, chains, powder that is powder and so on...They say that these details are something superficial and don't characterize their owner in any way. The point is that I can't believe in it! I'm not a maniac (I hope so)) but I do pay attention to such things and I'm sure that they can say a lot about a person. I just can't make myself percieve others out of the bounds of their image. So, what do you think about the issue?

NadyaDate: Thursday, 30.06.2011, 11:39 | Message # 26
To tell the truth, I always pay my attention to such things too)) And I think these people (I mean people who have green hair colour, chains, piercing, awful bright make-up and so forth) just want to stand out against crowd. In my opinion, even if they say that all these details don't characterize their personality (though it can be true in some cases), they tell a lie. Though they understand it, they perennially continue to dress and look in such a different way whereas the results, without reservation, continue to repulse other people. So, that means they just feel comfortable and they do not want other people to know them and their inner world better. To my mind, if you want to attract people and if you want them to know your "real personality", you will never hide yourself under such a faked appearance, will you?

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 30.06.2011, 12:40 | Message # 27
Dean
Sure, I also think so. After all it's a trick of teenagers and such excesses are excusable for them only but frankly speaking I wouldn't like to tolerate this from my children...As for me I managed to do without any extreme experiments with clothes and make-up (actually I practically don't use it even now) and I tend to think that it's the result of my parents' personal example and my constant busyness. Once I asked my English teacher about her daughter: she is about 14 years old but in her case this fact doesn't presuppose any such like whims. The teacher told me the same thing: she has been always trying to entertain and preoccupy her child with something. Well, I guess it's the best way out.

NadyaDate: Thursday, 30.06.2011, 14:15 | Message # 28
Yeah, parents' personal example is very important, especially for teenagers who are trying to find out who they are in this life and what their own style is. And, in most cases, it really helps. But some teenagers wear ridiculous clothes or change their appereance in such a different way just to show that they are teenagers and their parents eternally don't understand them. Some of them do this because they are lacking in self-esteem or even because they are outcasts. So, this is a kind of challenge to the world. As we know, this period of time is usually called teens' maximalism: teenagers are in the stage of their life when they are developing from children into adults. And when they become older, they have more and more serious problems therefore they just forget about "their challenge", try to look in a proper way and, after a while, they just have a recollection of their teens' period and smile))

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 01.07.2011, 19:02 | Message # 29
Dean
That's it...ha-ha,upon my word we're talking like sophisticated elders!)))) By the way, I think a lot of people lessen the significance of make-up for fashion business. Cosmetics is not just a humble addition to clothes, shoes and accessories but a huge industry! There are various tendencies, lines, techniques...and of course models, masters, competition, adverstising and huge sums of money. It's a real art to combine clothes and make-up and then have an exquisite image. Another thing is that current trends in this sphere are more flexible in comparison with attire jusy because this or that type of skin and certain individual features require very delicate care and attention.

Nikky0638Date: Sunday, 06.05.2012, 21:32 | Message # 30
Monitor
It isn't a secret that women like makeup smile but they do it not only for smb but for yourself. Thanks to it they become more confident. I don't recognize too bright make-up even for such establishment as a club, smb thinks it's beautiful but it looks really funny especially for young girls). I prefer light make-up, because you need only to emphasize your natural beauty)))

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Body Art: Make-up
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024