• »
Forum moderator: Luck  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Body Art: Make-up
Body Art: Make-up
Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 09.12.2010, 09:57 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Make-up is really great! I can't imagine a person who has never used make-up! Men or women alike! But...

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 12.12.2010, 00:59 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
I belong to those females who use make-up almost every day. I NEVER leave home without eye shadow and mascara on my eyes. But these are the only tools of beauty I use regularly.
I hate lipstick because I like to eat and speak a lot. I can’t do it fast and easily when my lips are covered with fat pomade. And I never use foundation and powder because I know they are bad for my skin.
My group mates often ask me why I’m so keen on make up and never come to public places without it. The answer is simple: I’m sure I’m not cute enough and I don’t want others to see my natural “beauty”. I’m not lazy, and it’s not a problem for me to find 15 minutes a day for doing a bit of “female magic” in front of the mirror.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Message edited by Nekavaen - Sunday, 12.12.2010, 10:22

MadPandaDate: Tuesday, 14.12.2010, 00:33 | Message # 3
Monitor
Awards: 0
ooh, that IS true!!! Burn uses make-up even when attending our P.E. classes biggrin As for me, I don't use any kind of make-up.... I do it only when I totally need it. E.g. on the stage, on festivals as a part of a costume, on photo-sessions... I also like to draw something on my face or hands with black eyeliner or even a black pen =)) My friends also get some drawings of mine on their bodies tongue I have some photos and if you wish I could upload them

ValeriyaDate: Monday, 10.01.2011, 01:24 | Message # 4
Monitor
I very frequently use a make-up, because I am engaged in dances and I often act on stage. Make-up brings many difficulties. We use superimposed eyelashes in our make-up.(The people in a concert hall must always see expressiveness and brightness of our eyes.) I carry contact lenses, and sometimes glue for eyelashes gets in my eyes. Therefore, after each performance I feel an awful pain in the eyes. Also, I feel that my skin suffers from make-up. In my daily life I seldom use make-up. I don't want to look fifty when I am thirty years old.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 10.01.2011, 16:27 | Message # 5
Dean
Awards: 3
I don't use make-up practically at all,only lip-gloss. It's just my upbringing, I mean my mother uses it very seldom and I've never had serious interest in cosmetics. I look at my mother and see that she is perfect for her age,so I think I can do without make-up.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 15.02.2011, 14:05 | Message # 6
Head teacher
If a woman uses cosmetics of high quality and combines modern beauty secrets with traditional folk medicine receipts (home-made masks and lotions made of fruit, vegetables, milk, honey, grains, herbs), everything will be OK.

It’s not cosmetics that makes a woman look older and spoils her skin, but stress, smoking, unhealthy food and insufficient sleep, I’m sure. My Granny has been using make-up since she was sixteen. Now she’s 64, but looks better than an average 40-year-old woman. When we go out together, everybody thinks she’s my mother.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 15.02.2011, 20:19 | Message # 7
Dean
You're right to some extent, it's obvious that your Granny has always been an active and cheerful person with heavenly thoughts. I'm sure that all our ideas and thoughts, even fugitive ones, are reflected on our face. That's a law of nature. We are like magnets and if it's possible to get something out of the head, it's practically impossible to erase material reflection.

Suigintou_RozenDate: Saturday, 26.03.2011, 12:27 | Message # 8
Course monitor
I can't imagine my face without make up,but on the contrary,I don't like too bright make-up.I think make-up is good because it can really make you feel better about yourself happy In my opinion make-up just helps to enhance everyones natural beauty,but of course it doesn't necessary.I can't stand 12 years girls who make-up very brightly and always where highills.It looks awful.I began to use make-up when I was 14 cool

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 26.03.2011, 20:38 | Message # 9
Dean
Ha-ha, my German teacher told me some time ago that she always wondered where schoolgirls had learned to do make up so professionally! I agree with her wholly because even those who are supposed to care about dolls and bows know a lot about beauty secrets not to speak of make-up technique))))))))

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 27.03.2011, 00:44 | Message # 10
Head teacher
I would rather they learnt how to cook with the same willingness! Still life shows that modern girls want to start using “female beauty weapons” as soon as possible. Some of them copy mother's of elder sister's behavior, some want to look like favorite dolls and cartoon princesses.

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 27.03.2011, 14:22 | Message # 11
Dean
On the one hand such imitation is rather natural as well as the desire to become grown-up as soon as possible. It's typical of the certain age. But on the other hand, it's so artificial...And excessive enthralment can simply confuse little girls. Besided,it's a question of health: as a rule, teenagers use cosmetics of poor quality and of course, it does harm to their sensitive skin.

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 31.03.2011, 10:32 | Message # 12
Head teacher
Yes, teenagers often don’t understand that make-up can not only make a girl more attractive, but is also able to turn her into a caricature. Today it’s possible to buy special make-up utensils for sensitive skin that both beatify and cure. But they are expensive and not everyone can afford buying them.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 31.03.2011, 12:39 | Message # 13
Dean
Agree, and to tell the truth I'm not sure they are necessary. Freshness,innocence and youth don't require any refinement.Besides, cosmetics can only aggravate skin problems (and they are inevitable, unfortunately!). Maybe, there's just too much information about beauty 'rules' and young girls, who need some idol, can't resist the temptation to look like a celebrity from a fashion magazine. But at the same time girls should read them and be aware of current trends because it's important to develop their taste.

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 14.04.2011, 13:27 | Message # 14
Head teacher
Yes, that’s right. Luckily, there are special fashion channels on TV. Watching them we can see not only final products of fashion industry – beautiful models walking on the podium, but also the process of creating their images. We can see professional visagistes, hairdressers and stylists at work. It’s great and useful for both young girls and women.

Message edited by Nekavaen - Thursday, 14.04.2011, 13:27

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 14.04.2011, 20:44 | Message # 15
Dean
Ha-ha, as I can guess, you watch "America's Next Top Model")))) As for me, I adore this show! It's really useful and unobtrusive and as you've mentioned it suits both young girls and women. Apart from its emotional and promotional sides, this programme is one of the best guides in the world of fashion. I've been already watching it for several months and I've learned really a lot! Besides, it doesn't exert any negative and harmful influence on the lookers.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Body Art: Make-up
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024