THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 23:38
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » Why do we go to the theatre?
Why do we go to the theatre?
MyLadyDate: Monday, 14.12.2009, 10:00 | Message # 16
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
But unfortunately there is no theatre in Ryazan worth going((

I can not agree with you. It goes without saying that in Moscow there are plenty of good thetres where very talented actors work. But Ryazan is not worth either. Our troop from the Drama Thetre is a very talented one, I have been acquainted with some of the actors. And certainly there are some plays worth going too.
One of them that was talking about in the previous comment ran in the other Ryazan thetre - The Theatre for Young Spectator. It was called "The One who created a Miracle", it was based on a true story. There was a a deaf, blind and almost dump girl Hellen Keller (1880-1967), who was absolutely helpless unless dhe met her teacher Anne Sullivan, who taught her to communicate by finger-spelling words. Afterwards Helen learnt French, German, Latin and graduated from Radcliff college in the USA. As an adult, Helen Keller wrote and lectured for the deaf and blind. Her autobiograhpy "The story of my life" was published while she was at university.
That is indeed a play worth watching. I advise it to everyone.

TeacherDate: Monday, 14.12.2009, 10:48 | Message # 17
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Quote (Tanya)
P.S I am sure being an actor is a really difficult, but interesting and useful. And How do you think?

As for me, I'd like to be an actor. I think, it can be very helpful, because sometimes I don't see any ways to express all my emotions.

Quote (MissJane)
So if you've been to the theatre only once and you think it is the place of great experience, why don't you go there for the second time?

You know, I can't explain this. I don't need it now, may be... It's like your plans for the future. And I have a "plan" to go to the theatre, but it's not the first and the main one.

In Vino Veritas...

MissJaneDate: Tuesday, 15.12.2009, 10:14 | Message # 18
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Quote (MyLady)
Our troop from the Drama Thetre is a very talented one, I have been acquainted with some of the actors.

Great, this is a very valuable experience, I think. It allows to get acknowledged with the theater life as it is.
And have you personally ever wanted to become an actress?

AsyaDate: Sunday, 20.12.2009, 22:53 | Message # 19
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (MyLady)
"The One who created a Miracle",

That's my beloved performance! I saw it about 4 or 5 years ago but still remember my emotions. I was just amazed and... I was in raptures. Really!

MegastarostaDate: Tuesday, 05.01.2010, 19:17 | Message # 20
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
Quote (Neriel-sama)
I became a fan of theatre

wooow, i have an adherent biggrin

NadyaDate: Sunday, 10.10.2010, 20:33 | Message # 21
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Lots of people like going to the theatre. Some of them take a rest watching a play. And it's good. I think it's better to watch a perfomance in the theatre rather than watch it on TV because you feel this wonderful atmosphere and a naughty cat or a dog don't distract you smile But not all people like going to the theatre. If you don't go to the theatre, you'll never understand me.

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 16.10.2010, 10:10 | Message # 22
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Yes, going to the theatre is absolutely another kind of experience. It is another form of communication with people. Some people in the theatre can as naughty as your home cat. But, theatre going is part of cultural matrix. Theatre occupies its own territory in the matrix. If this territory is free, then it is occupied by something else which makes us less diverse.

Cherry_boomDate: Thursday, 20.01.2011, 22:58 | Message # 23
Student
I don't agree that there are no theaters in Ryazan worth going to. Some years ago I also thought so. But last year I began to visit our local theaters. I liked it. Really. Now I regularly enlighten the mind ))) Maybe because there are few places in Ryazan where you can go with your friends.

2YoungDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 00:58 | Message # 24
Monitor
Quote (Cherry_boom)
I don't agree that there are no theaters in Ryazan worth going to.

And i agree. I saw very few plays that were really worth watching. So, the main answer is:we go to theatres because we like it, because we want it and because we need it.

Metus, dolor, mors ac formidines

IrinaDate: Monday, 02.04.2012, 11:41 | Message # 25
Monitor
Theatre is a part of our social life. In my opinion, going to the theatre is a good way to spend time. It makes people’s life richer. I think it’s much more personal and active than watching a screen. Besides, it may be very useful for the process of learning and teaching to go to the theatre. For example, pupils may see the performance of the play, which they are reading. In that case they will have an opportunity to compare their thoughts with the actors’ understanding the play.

AmarantaDate: Thursday, 05.04.2012, 22:09 | Message # 26
Monitor
As for me, theater is a symbol of high culture. People there are always well-dressed, ushers are grave, and the atmosphere is solemn. That`s why it`s a pleasure for me to be in the theatre.
Besides, nowadays, we are used to the cinema and television. It`s usual for us to watch TV or enjoy a film. But it`s unusual to go to the theatre. That`s why it`s much more interesting to go there instead of spending an evening on the sofa at home.

Strawberry1992Date: Thursday, 17.05.2012, 23:15 | Message # 27
Monitor
I go to the theatre because it's a kind of entertainment. It's unusual and it's a one ancient kind of art. A good actor's acting is very important for theatre.

NiakrisDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 01:03 | Message # 28
Monitor
I go to the theatre because I like to watch the stagings of my favourite plays and narrations. It's very interesting to compare the images in your head after the perusal of the play with the images on the stage. And when the actors play successfully, it seems that the play (or book) revives...

Snusmumrick9849Date: Monday, 28.05.2012, 09:53 | Message # 29
Student
Many people believe that it’s much more convenient to watch a performance on TV at home, because you don’t have to bother about the tickets, a baby-sitter and transport and so on. As for me I think that it is dull and boring to death. The main part of the theatre and theatrical performance are the atmosphere of a play, scenery and halls. If you see it on TV you only see the movement, just like bad film and you only waste your time. The other thing is cinema. The films are specially made to attract public by scenery, beauty of animation and special effects. As for me-I go to the theatre to see the emotions, to the cinema to see well-made beautiful movement and switch on the TV-set to see news…

mrsbukaleDate: Wednesday, 19.09.2012, 12:32 | Message # 30
Monitor
Nowadays it becomes more and more prestigious to go to the theater. Some people prefer to go to the cinema but still, I believe, that the play of actors is more interesting than a picture of the big screen. If we imagine the time the actors spend on preposition to a new direction, we will understand their labor. But to understand the power of a play, you should visit this great place THEATER.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » Why do we go to the theatre?
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024