THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Sunday, 05.05.2024, 02:53
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » The wonderful world of the theatre
The wonderful world of the theatre
MegastarostaDate: Wednesday, 06.01.2010, 20:02 | Message # 16
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
Quote (Rina)
But why do people do it?

Irine, why do we have people that dress extraordinary? they want to distinguish. The directors create smth new, it means that they want to distinguish. it's simple

RinaDate: Wednesday, 06.01.2010, 20:10 | Message # 17
Union committee president
Awards: 4
Quote (Megastarosta)
Quote (Rina)
But why do people do it?

Irine, why do we have people that dress extraordinary? they want to distinguish. The directors create smth new, it means that they want to distinguish. it's simple

eee... I meant the people who regard these extravagant plays as masterpieces. But, according to the directors and play-writers, you are completely right)))

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 19.03.2011, 10:31 | Message # 18
Dean
Group: Admins
Yes, the world of theatre is really wonderful! Yesterday, my wife and I enjoyed the new premier performance'Sweet Bird of Youth'(by T. Willaims) staged by the Ryazan Drama Theatre. The play was really stunningly staged! My mind and eyes really feasted on the wonderful acting, scenery, and, more importantly, on the incredibly fascinating choreography! Unbelievable! It is a must-see. The actors, playing their parts, imitated movements of birds somewhere on a sea rock! The music was wonderful! I fell in love with the performance at the third minute, which is rare thing for me. I felt I didn't want to leave!

ValeriyaDate: Monday, 11.04.2011, 14:28 | Message # 19
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
There are more theatres in our country. I enjoy going to Moscow theatres. They show dramas, tragedies, and comedies. To tell you the truth I’m a great theatre lover. I try to see the most interesting performances. As a rule I go to the evening performances (usually they begin at 7 p.m.) It is rather difficult for me to book the tickets beforehand because the performances are very famous. Sometimes we come to the theatre and see the sign “House full”, but there are many people standing near and asking for the extra-tickets. I usually go there with my friends or parents. So we leave our coats in the cloak-room and bought a programme to know who is in the cast. We are shown our seats. As for usual we take places in the stalls, but also people like to watch the performance from the boxes, balconies and pits. After the 3 ring the light go down and the curtain drops.

MaksDate: Sunday, 24.04.2011, 20:21 | Message # 20
Student
Theatre is a wonderful place. It helps us to forget all our problems and get a pleasure from a good comedy or a tragedy. Theatre helps us to make our mood better. I like the last performance, which i have seen. It was a comedy called "Near the ship at 8 o'clock".

Smoky_eyesDate: Monday, 25.04.2011, 22:55 | Message # 21
Student
I completely agree that the world of theatre is wonderful. It is a magical place where a man meets his image, where people are taught to understand and appreciate the beauty and so on. But unfortunately today theatre has lost its popularity, especially among teenagers. Many other forms of entertainment have superseded it, i mean such results of the progress, like TV, computer or game consoles. I think the main reason for that is that our cultural level is painfully low. So, we should take some measures to change the situation for better, for example to arrange school outings to the theatre at least once a month and to make it compulsory. In conclusion i want to say that people who love the theatre will always exist and theatre will never die!

olgaDate: Monday, 25.04.2011, 23:06 | Message # 22
Student
Awards: 1
I completely agree that it’s more comfortable to watch something at home. More than that, theatre isn't so popular nowadays. we all have a chance to see a performance or a film using the Internet. But theatre is another world, where there is a different life without your problems and so on. I think that only in theatre you can feel the atmosphere of the performance. Only there you can understand the characters of the plot. There you can find the way out from difficult situations. Moreover, I think practically every spectator feels the same emotions which are on the stage. I agree that it’s rather expensive to go to the theatre, but theatre is the place which is worth visiting.

Message edited by olga - Monday, 25.04.2011, 23:14

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 26.04.2011, 06:24 | Message # 23
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (Smoky_eyes)
But unfortunately today theatre has lost its popularity, especially among teenagers.

I tend to agree with you, but not completely. I think that theatre hasn't lost its popularity yet. But it is losing it! That's why it's so important to do something to attract teenagers, to make them interested in this Art. Unfortunately, cinema is replacing theatre nowadays. But, as you've said, theatre has a special atmosphere that can't be substituted by anything.

2YoungDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 00:46 | Message # 24
Monitor
Now theatre is popular only with those people, who understand it's beauty and what theatres try to "tell" the audience. They are popular with those, for whom the idea and not the way of expression matters. So it can't be said like "teenagers don't go to theatres" because there are adults who behave worse than teenagers.

Metus, dolor, mors ac formidines

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 09:12 | Message # 25
Dean
Quote (2Young)
So it can't be said like "teenagers don't go to theatres" because there are adults who behave worse than teenagers.

Ha-ha-ha! I like the way you've put it. I have never thought of it. I feel I share your attitude. I couldn't have said better!

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 12.09.2011, 14:15 | Message # 26
Dean
Last Saturday (September 10, 2011) was the first day of the Ryazan Theatre Festival. My wife and I went decided to go the show 'Time for Fun' staged by St. Petersburg's Theatre of Hand Plastique called "Time for Fun'. The name of the troupe is Hand Made. What we see on the stage was an excitingly beautiful and unforgettable show. Simple bare hands of actors acted out the director's thoughts and plots. Has anybody here been to such a performance?

MissJaneDate: Tuesday, 13.09.2011, 18:54 | Message # 27
Union organizer
Awards: 3
No, never, but I definitely would like to witness this kind of theatrical performance. It's fantastic to realize that theater is a living creature that acquires lots of new and unexpectable forms. By the way, I've always thought it's wrong to say that theater is old-fashioned and represents only classic side of visual art. Nothing of the kind! I guess theater is the most rapidly developing art form. It combines the effects of aethetic, material and moral influence. A viewer is exposed to both the scripted story and the implied live vibrations of people acting on the stage. It's in fact incredible.
P.S. Anybody here who wants to make a visit to a nearby theater? angel

Angel757Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 11:01 | Message # 28
Monitor
The history of theatre charts the development of theatre over the past 2,500 years. While performative elements are present in every society, it is customary to acknowledge a distinction between theatre as an art form and entertainment and theatrical or performative elements in other activities. The history of theatre is primarily concerned with the origin and subsequent development of the theatre as an autonomous activity.It's a place where you can relax and forget about all your problems.

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 11:27 | Message # 29
Monitor
The earliest form of Indian theatre was the Sanskrit theatre. It began after the development of Greek and Roman theatre and before the development of theatre in other parts of Asia.It emerged sometime between the 2nd century BCE and the 1st century CE and flourished between the 1st century CE and the 10th, which was a period of relative peace in the history of India during which hundreds of plays were written. Japanese forms of Kabuki, Nō, and Kyōgen developed in the 17th century CE Theatre in the medieval Islamic world included puppet theatre (which included hand puppets, shadow plays and marionette productions) and live passion plays known as ta'ziya, where actors re-enact episodes from Muslim history. In particular, Shia Islamic plays revolved around the shaheed (martyrdom) of Ali's sons Hasan ibn Ali and Husayn ibn Ali. Secular plays were known as akhraja, recorded in medieval adab literature, though they were less common than puppetry and ta'ziya theatre.

ZensaDate: Tuesday, 04.09.2012, 16:39 | Message # 30
Monitor
Theatre is one of entertainments (развлечений). But i want to admit that theatre is not popular now as it used to be. Maybe because of the 21th century, which brought great changes in our lives. And now there are many people who prefer to seat comfortably before the TV and enjoy themselves without leaving their homes.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » The wonderful world of the theatre
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024