THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Sunday, 05.05.2024, 06:32
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » The wonderful world of the theatre
The wonderful world of the theatre
LuckDate: Friday, 11.09.2009, 19:17 | Message # 1
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
Theatre is a kind of art, a social phenomenon. But there are so many people who neglect it! And there are some reasons for it. Firstly, it doesn’t cost very much to go to the cinema, but if you want to enjoy acting you should pay much more money. By the way, you can just stay at home and enjoy your favorite film lying on the sofa and watching TV.
But why aren’t we interested in theatre? Why do we think that it’s an old-fashioned place?
In the theatre the play is specially cooked for us. We look at the stage and enjoy NATURAL acting – without “remaking” it thousand times. The actors are not playing to microphones and cameras. And I think we should respect this! Theatre is the magical place where man meets his image. Then let’s go to the theatre more often.

RinaDate: Monday, 14.09.2009, 00:24 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Awards: 4
Quote (Luck)

But why aren’t we interested in theatre?

Well, you know, theatre is not for everybody. As you can see, there are a lot of people who care about nothing but everyday life. Living in their ordinary "reality", they are narrow-minded and incapable of spiritual self-development, they prefer working/eating/drinking/sleeping to contemplation. According to their opinion, imagination, dreaming and fatasy are just words that help others "justify their idleness". I doubt whether these people would ever understand the charm and special fascination of the theatre...

Quote (Luck)
Then let’s go to the theatre more often.

wow! cool idea))) let's think about it next week)))) I quess some people from our group will agree))))))))

TeacherDate: Monday, 14.09.2009, 09:53 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Theatre... Somebody call it old-fashioned or smth. else, but it is wrong. Theatre gived the birth to radio, television and cinema. All three include drama, a piece of theatre is in every of them. In other words, theatre is the Alma Mater of these kinds of entertainment, so it can't die. Radio, television and cinema create a kind of a wall between the audiens and the actors. In theatre the play is real, it's like our life, but a little bit pompous and exaggirated. So what do you prefer: theatre or television, radion and cinema?

In Vino Veritas...

MissJaneDate: Wednesday, 16.09.2009, 10:21 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Awards: 3
Quote (Seagull)
So what do you prefer: theatre or television, radion and cinema?

I prefer books.

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 14.12.2009, 09:39 | Message # 5
Dean
Awards: 2
Hi, everyone. Yesterday I went to the the theatre to watch the new play by Premier A "Libertine" by Schmitt. I liked the comdedy - full of humor, cynicism, wisdom, life philosophy, and idiotic judgements. I think you will enjoy the play if you go.

MyLadyDate: Monday, 14.12.2009, 09:43 | Message # 6
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
theatre is the Alma Mater of these kinds of entertainment

I absolutely agree. Without theatre there would be no other means of entertainment, because tragedy and comedy are the most ancient kinds of acting. They existed even before the civilization itself. Of course its your choice to like them but we should certainly respect theatre as a piece of humankind history.
To my mind, people do not go to the theatres only because of their laziness: it is much easier just to switch on the TV and watch it than go somewhere and buy tickets.

MegastarostaDate: Tuesday, 05.01.2010, 19:27 | Message # 7
Union organizer
Quote (Luck)
Theater is a kind of art, a social phenomenon

Theater is a wonderful place. When i'm there, i forget all my problems. I really like theater. The last play that i saw was - dangerous bonds. the play was full of dances, very nice. I advise you to watch it.

8davids8Date: Tuesday, 05.01.2010, 22:10 | Message # 8
Union organizer
on the day of the uni we watched "The nice friend". I didn't like the play. But more than that I didn't like the low temperature in the theatre - i didn't even feel my feet!!

RinaDate: Tuesday, 05.01.2010, 22:56 | Message # 9
Oh.... yes, there was northern pole inside the theatre...br-r-r-rrr...
Well, as many people as many minds. I liked the play. Actually, I liked the way it was performed.. You know - all these decoration (THE LADDER!!!)))... and lighting... and the group of dancing boys smile

8davids8Date: Tuesday, 05.01.2010, 23:31 | Message # 10
Union organizer
i don't know why, but in most cases my view of moving pictures is based on the actor's play.
this position is applied for the theatre plays as well, i guess))

MissJaneDate: Tuesday, 05.01.2010, 23:59 | Message # 11
Union organizer
Awards: 3
Quote (8davids8)
in most cases my view of moving pictures is based on the actor's play
yes, this is what makes the atmosphere and the mood of any movie or play.
and what about the plot, the gist of the narration? is it important for you?

RinaDate: Wednesday, 06.01.2010, 00:40 | Message # 12
Quote (8davids8)
is based on the actor's play

yes, that's reasonable. And completely right - what else creates THEATRE except actor's play? It's the main and the most important part.
*But I tend to pay attention to what I see... first of all, visial effect creates my attitude. may be, that's not ok, but still...

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 06.01.2010, 09:10 | Message # 13
Union organizer
Visual effects undoubtedly play not less role than actor's play.
More than that the director may experiment with the setting on the stage, intepreting the original play as he sees it..
Concerning the plot I think that in movies as in theatre it all depends on the script writer and the playwright respectively...

MegastarostaDate: Wednesday, 06.01.2010, 11:33 | Message # 14
Union organizer
Quote (8davids8)
More than that the director may experiment with the setting on the stage, intepreting the original play as he sees it..

More than that, directors use it nowadays very often. especially "newborn" directors. Maybe its extraordinary, but its a fact - if your play is more unusual, more creative and crazy, people will think that its a masterpiece.

RinaDate: Wednesday, 06.01.2010, 19:55 | Message # 15
Quote (Megastarosta)
if your play is more unusual, more creative and crazy, people will think that its a masterpiece.

Yes, there is a tendency to praise something really extravagant. But why do people do it? May be, after watching a "crazy" play they are just afraid to admit that they've understood nothing? May be, it's easier to say: "WOW! It's a masterpiece!" rather than show that they didn't get the idea? I tend to think that they just don't want to seem the ones who "understand nothing in modern culture"...

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Theatre and Acting » The wonderful world of the theatre
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024