THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 19.04.2024, 08:06
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » The Place Where I Live » Where would you like to live? (Tell me where you would like to live))))
Where would you like to live?
CamomileDate: Wednesday, 02.11.2011, 15:03 | Message # 1
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I would like to live on the sea shore, to watch the waves, and the seagulls flying ....))) To be quiet. And you?

Message edited by Camomile - Thursday, 03.11.2011, 11:13

ZuzuDate: Wednesday, 02.11.2011, 15:52 | Message # 2
Monitor
Group: Moders
Oh,let me dream a little.If I had an opportunity, I would go to London and stay there. I'd like to live near the Big Ben,to ride on London Eye,to live prosperous in general.I want to live abroad as a matter of fact. But I can't leave my parents, my relatives, and friends. So i't impossible to change my life. I have lots of plans. But they are up to other people, not me. It's a pity. sad

AsyaDate: Friday, 04.11.2011, 00:12 | Message # 3
Union committee president
Awards: 6
They say that people who want to live abroad aren't patriotic. Do you agree with it? Can one remain a patriot having left his/her homeland?

ZuzuDate: Friday, 04.11.2011, 20:14 | Message # 4
Monitor
I agree with you, they aren't patriotic,neither am I. How can I be patriotic when so many clever people can't find a suitable job,so many people are homeless,and there is so much injustice in our country. I want my family(my parents) to live prosperously,because they are worthy of it. You can't but agree with me that it's impossible to grow rich in an honest way in Russia. Many businessmen have stolen money. But they are patriotic. They have remained in Russia. There are certainly social problems abroad too, but all the same their life differs very much and is much better. smile

AsyaDate: Saturday, 05.11.2011, 13:42 | Message # 5
Quote (Zuzu)
You can't but agree with me that it's impossible to grow rich in an honest way in Russia.

Why are you so sure? You'll be surprised but I WILL disagree with you. Everything is possible. You only have to believe in it. At the same time, being "rich" doesn't presuppose possessing some millions, does it?
Quote (Zuzu)
Many businessmen have stolen money. But they are patriotic.

Is it a claim? Irony? Sarcasm?
Quote (Zuzu)
How can I be patriotic when so many clever people can't find a suitable job,so many people are homeless,and there is so much injustice in our country.

Why are you sure that our country is rotten? Why are you sure that it's much better to live abroad? Do you really believe that injustice exists only in our country?! Why are you so pessimistic? You are the representative of the young generation. If YOU do not believe in the future of our country, who will? Do you really think that the problems you've described exist only in Russia?
P.S. Sorry for being somewhat aggressive. But your message has driven me mad and furious. shy

ZuzuDate: Saturday, 05.11.2011, 14:16 | Message # 6
Monitor
That's ok'. I know it because I was abroad. I didn't live there for a long period but I had enough time to compare our life with the life there.I don't say, there are no problems abroad at all.But there the labour of people is valuable,the jobs are well-paid,and the standard of life is certainly high. I don't blame our country,the reason is that it's enormous,and it's difficult to solve all problems at the same time. But I don't want to resign myself,and I won't impose my ideas on anyone as well. It's just my opinion and my dream to live better. I think that everyone wants to live better than he/she lives. And if there is an opportunity, I will catch it. smile

AsyaDate: Monday, 07.11.2011, 22:29 | Message # 7
I just want to stress that as long as we don believe that our country WILL have Future, it will NEVER happen.
And I don't think that the problem of our country is its territory. That's a myth.The USA and Canada occupy vast territories as well. But they don't have such reputation as Russia, do they?

AllochkaDate: Thursday, 10.11.2011, 00:45 | Message # 8
Student
I can't deny the fact that there are a lot of problems in our country. The easiest way is to escape from problems but not to solve them. I think I'm a patriot. I want to live in my country and work for my country. As far as Canada and the USA are concerned, I can't say anything...To my mind, even if we try to understand the situation in Canada/the USA we won't be able to do it because we know only a smaller part of what is happening there. You can't tell a book by its cover. Every country has its own problems and drawbacks. huh

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 10.11.2011, 20:47 | Message # 9
Dean
Awards: 3
Well...the topic is rather ticklish, isn't it? I think the most pragmatic and reasonable solution here is to act on the basis of mind and arguments only. In this respect I suggest that we should separate patriotism which is a feeling of devotion and love for one's motherland and actual staying in this very country. For me these two notions are hardly interconnected. I won't conceal that I'm very sensitive and often sentimental but my affection isn't widely-spread, it's more relative to some small location, I mean my flat, favourite cafe and such like things. H'm, I tend to protect and care about my personal territory)))))

Ole4kaDate: Thursday, 10.11.2011, 23:01 | Message # 10
Student
I've never been abroad and I can judge the situation there only through the television and internet. As for me, I'm a real patriot. I love my native country, I want to live here in spite of anything.I would never change the place of living. And I also want my children to live here. I believe in good future of my country.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 11.11.2011, 21:07 | Message # 11
Dean
Awards: 3
Excuse me if I'm mistaken but maybe you think so because you've always lived in prosperity? I mean in this case it's natural you're quite satisfied with the living conditions) Actually me too but only as far as my immediate surrounding is concerned. I'm not going to curse everything and I do admit that there are positive things about our country but still some common matters can really drive me mad! For example, the payments for public facilities. Gosh, this new systen is awful, I have a feeling that it was ntentionally created against people!

Ole4kaDate: Friday, 11.11.2011, 22:55 | Message # 12
Student
I can't say that I've always lived in prosperity. My family faced many problems and also money problems. But as for our country,there are many things which I can't understand. For example, our government raises the prices of goods, but they don't raise the pension of pensioners. Und it is unfair(to put it mildly). So on the whole our country leaves much to desired. But still I believe that it may change for the better. At least I hope so.

Message edited by Ole4ka - Friday, 11.11.2011, 22:55

mrsbukaleDate: Friday, 13.04.2012, 14:23 | Message # 13
Monitor
Usually we can hear a phrase "you should live where you were born" but still a few people are not satisfied with thing thing. They strive to find a place for soul in different countries, traveling and trying to live in different places. They can live there for a long time but once they start to realize that it`s better to go back to the native place. We should start to think about our future and about the future of Russia. There are a lot of clever people who leave Russia. For what? It`s a difficult question BUT the problem is that they don`t love Russia and they want to fulfil themselves out of our country.

Nikky0638Date: Monday, 21.05.2012, 00:12 | Message # 14
Monitor
I am painfully bear the separation from the summer. It means that I would like to live in a place where it is always warm) I love the nature and I am very happy to see when everything is blooming. Winter does not bring me a lot of pleasure, everything in the same color. But on the other hand it's difficult to imagine yourself in another country. You get used to the native places it's difficult to part with people who are dear to you...

vanillaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 01:23 | Message # 15
Monitor
As for me, my desire is not fabulous. I want to live only in Russia, but maybe in another town, for example, I love the capital of our country. I love our russian nature, weather (different seasons), traditions, life style. But all one need to remember that travelling is the beat way to perceive all the world.

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » The Place Where I Live » Where would you like to live? (Tell me where you would like to live))))
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024