THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 07.05.2024, 21:37
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Tanya  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My likes and disllikes » People I like and dislike
People I like and dislike
Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 14.01.2011, 14:59 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Write a few things about what you like or dislike about different people.

Suigintou_RozenDate: Monday, 17.01.2011, 17:51 | Message # 2
Course monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
I think it is important to be a patient and tolerant person and not to mind people's bad habits. But sometimes people become very very unpleasant.
I like kind and cheerful people. I can't stand rude people. I think politeness is very important in our life. I don't like smoking people because I can't understand the awful smell of cigarettes.
It can be silly but I can't stand when boys wear black socks. biggrin
This list is very long, but I don't want to say a lot about my dislikes.
It is my personal opinion. happy

IncredibleSashaDate: Saturday, 29.01.2011, 12:38 | Message # 3
Student
I think people must be friendly,kind and cheerful.I don't like dishonest,irresponsible and unfaithful people.As a rule, all people have different points of view, and sometimes, they think they are right but in reality,they aren't. If any person wants to have a lot of friends and good relationships with family, he/she must understand that the world doesn't belong to him/her only.

NikkyDate: Tuesday, 01.02.2011, 17:07 | Message # 4
Course monitor
I like those people, who can respect other's opinions. It's the main thing. Of course, I like it when a person is kind and friendly, patient and reliable. But I really hate it when a person can't understand other's position. Because we are all different and we can't think just the same.
Quote (Suigintou_Rozen)
It can be silly but I can't stand when boys wear black socks. biggrin

I don't like grey ones biggrin
Quote (IncredibleSasha)
If any person wants to have a lot of friends and good relationships with family, he/she must understand that the world doesn't belong to him/her only.

Yes, I can't stand when people think that they are the best, the most beautiful, clever and so on.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 03.02.2011, 19:11 | Message # 5
Dean
Awards: 3
Nikky, agree with you completely! I can't stand groundless disapproval. Of course, we aren't angels and sometimes it's very difficult to refrain from such thoughts. We can at least hold our tongue and let others live and behave as they want to. It sounds banal but all of us have the right for happiness (and as we know people have different ideas conncerning this notion)).

NekavaenDate: Friday, 04.02.2011, 00:28 | Message # 6
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Yes, I know people who think they are unique, outstanding, perfect, absolutely genius… Of course, it’s not easy and pleasant to talk to them or (it’s even worse) to work or live side by side with such a person.

But we need arrogant and selfish people. Why? Because they can serve as vivid examples of stupid and inappropriate behavior for the rest of the society. Other people will see how bad it is to be rude and haughty, then think about their own deeds and words and try to become more polite and tolerant.

P.S. I admit it won’t work for everybody.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 04.02.2011, 12:02 | Message # 7
Dean
That's true,it's very important to learn from others' mistakes. Or at least it's much better than to make one's own all the time! I know by experience that having such people around you helps to form the character. By the way, do you think it's true that we ourselves have (to a greater or lesser degree) the traits which we hate/like in others?

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 05.02.2011, 00:34 | Message # 8
Head teacher
An interesting idea, I should say. I’m ready to agree that we have the traits we like in others.
We feel comfortable when surrounded by people with the same temper, interests and views because they can understand us better. Let’s imagine, for example, that we are talking to a serious and responsible boss. If we ask him what workers he prefers to encourage and usually appoints to important posts, what will he answer? “I like serious and responsible people”, will he say. The same with children. I saw many families with two and more kids and I’m sure that parents love those children more in whom they see themselves in youth.

Hate…Well, maybe we sometimes scold people who are too aggressive, too careless, and too selfish from our point of you just because we look at them, then look at ourselves and see that we are also not perfect but try to drive off such thoughts. It’s always easy to say that somebody’s unbearable and wicked; but not everybody is able to confess he or she is a real disaster!

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 05.02.2011, 14:38 | Message # 9
Dean
So you think others' drawbacks help us to admit and,what is more important, accept our own imperfection? It has just occured to me that if we blame criminals, it doesn't mean that we ourselves have such inclinations) But turning from the general to the special I can say that I don't like it when people are, for example, mad about order but I know that I'm just the same.

BirdDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2011, 18:10 | Message # 10
Student
I like colleagues who help me at work.
I don’t like people who can’t dream.
I like parents who always understand their children.
I don’t like doctors who aren’t polite to patients.
I like people who travel to different countries.
I don’t like teachers who swear at their students.
I like husbands who buy flowers for their wives every day.
I don’t like people who speak a lot but do little.
I like friends who support me in difficult situations.
I don’t like people who don’t tell the truth.

Message edited by Bird - Tuesday, 01.03.2011, 22:15

BeeDate: Tuesday, 01.03.2011, 22:43 | Message # 11
Student
I like men who are very beautiful and gallant
I like women who are beautiful, kind, wise and sweet.
I like teachers who know their subject well.
I like shop assistants who are polite with customers.
I like people who always come to help their friends
I don’t like men who swear, are weak, not gallant and carefree.
I don’t like children who are spoiled, boorish and very naughty.
I don’t like flowers that smell bad.
I don’t like people who sleep a lot, that is me:D
I don’t like teachers who don’t love their students and their profession

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 17.03.2011, 23:48 | Message # 12
Head teacher
I hate lazy people! I hate nonchalant people! I hate spoilt people! HATE! HATE! HATE!
I hate those who envy others but do nothing to achieve the same! HATE! HATE! HATE!

I like optimistic and hilarious people.
I respect those who stay reasonable in critical situations and are able to give commands skillfully.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 22.03.2011, 19:41 | Message # 13
Dean
Oh,laziness....I can't communicate with people who are absolutely indifferent to EVERYTHING and aren't able to lift a finger to improve the situation. I try not to judge them because it's unfair and besides it's not more than a waste of time. It's better just to avoid them. But sometimes I think that I'm too particular about myself and others.After all, everyone has his/her way in life.

BlackAngelDate: Wednesday, 23.03.2011, 14:11 | Message # 14
Monitor
I love eating ice-cream.
I hate crowded supermarkets.
I like swimming very much
I like optimistic and cheerful people
I like sport at all
I hate rap and Ak-47
I love animals
I love Rock music
I don`t like people who moke
I like fishing because it is sport for men!!!

AvatarDate: Wednesday, 22.06.2011, 12:48 | Message # 15
Student
I like playing computer games, watching TV, walking and playing with my friends, eating ice cream, studying the English language, my little dog, my school, my family, RAP music, sport, nature, my town Mirnyy, the city of Ryazan, kind and happy people, the group GRADUSI, smile biggrin , mice, cars.
I dislike evil people, evil: angry , beer booze , love, cartoons)

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » My likes and disllikes » People I like and dislike
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024