THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 12:23
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Asya  
Forum » ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ENGLISH SPEAKING CULTURE » English Vocabulary Secrets » Words from the group "All or Nothing'
Words from the group "All or Nothing'
MegastarostaDate: Wednesday, 28.03.2012, 14:40 | Message # 16
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
My story is about our group. I decided to make it because of our last studying year and make some conclusions. First of all i can say, that from the first course till now our group is a leader and we all are prodigies. All these five years we didn’t squander our time and made a lot of huge, prodigious and enormous project works. That is why many teacher said, that we are a prolific group. Of course, proliferation of this information made other groups envious. But we don’t pay attention to it. biggrin biggrin

TanyaDate: Wednesday, 28.03.2012, 14:44 | Message # 17
Course monitor
Awards: 2
It is a pity when we mixed up such concepts as munificent and squander. In the first case we speak about an unusually generous person who is ready to share with people materially but also spiritually as well , this person ” has an open hand”. All his actions have a positive effect. In the second case we speak about a person who becomes the owner of great wealth and then this person starts to waste it using this wealth to little purpose or little effect. I think that this word has a negative connotation. For me it is more important to be munificent in every aspects of our life rather than to be squandering.

LuckDate: Wednesday, 28.03.2012, 14:52 | Message # 18
Union organizer
Awards: 5
He was a prodigy but his family was suffering from penury. The dearth of money did not allow him to study at a good school at first, but a minuscule hope that he will be able to enter the university made him study hard and pass all the exams successfully. His prolific work made him one of the best course students. In some time he got a great opportunity to study in the USA. But he had to be very frugal and save a lot. In a year he took a whole aggregate of all the written works, made during his university studies and was ready to fly to America.

Forum » ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ENGLISH SPEAKING CULTURE » English Vocabulary Secrets » Words from the group "All or Nothing'
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024