THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 02.05.2024, 21:47
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Technologies and Science » Teleportation as Reality (Theories and practices of teleportation)
Teleportation as Reality
GoldilocksDate: Sunday, 15.04.2012, 23:07 | Message # 16
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Well, I think teleportation would make our lives so much easier: no traffic jams, no bad air, much more leisure time, much more opportunities to travel, visit our friends etc. But we should bear in our minds that there are always people who can use this discovery to make smth. bad. Think! What if every person will have an opportunity to appear at every place every time he wants? Will you ever feel safe? I’m sure, not.

ArchieDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 09:59 | Message # 17
Monitor
Teleportation is the ability of moving matter from one point in time and space to another point in time and space instantaneously. There are different types of teleportation available at this time both visual and physical teleportation are possible. Visual teleportation is not hard to perform. A lot of prestidigitators know how to manage it. Let's ask them biggrin

Nikky0638Date: Wednesday, 19.09.2012, 13:22 | Message # 18
Monitor
Human teleportation is one of the most desirable capability. It allows us disappear from anywhere and you can be in any place where you want. Of course it would be a remarkable discovery, you would spend less time on the road, there is more opportunity to have time to do important things, also it's more safely there is no chance to get into an accident, the air will be cleaner. But everywhere there are disadvantages. People will be elusive it would be impossible to catch them i mean offenders.

Message edited by Nikky0638 - Wednesday, 19.09.2012, 15:29

NiakrisDate: Sunday, 23.09.2012, 20:57 | Message # 19
Monitor
I want to tell your about one very interesting story about teleportation. The author - Stephen King. The title - "The Jaunt". If you take an interest in it, read it, please. I like this story very much. It has a very peculiar atmosphere...

And this is plot summary:
"As a family prepares to be "Jaunted" to Mars, the father entertains his two children by recounting the curious tale of the discovery and history of this crude form of teleportation. He explains how the scientist who serendipitously discovered it quickly learned that it had a disturbing, inexplicable effect on the mice he "sent through"- the mice would either die instantly or behave erratically before dying moments later, eventually concluding that they could only survive the "Jaunt effect" while unconscious. That, the father explains, is why all people must undergo general anaesthesia before using the Jaunt.

The father spares his children the gruesome semi-apocryphal account of the first human to be Jaunted awake, a condemned murderer offered a full pardon for agreeing to the experiment. The man "came through" and immediately suffered a massive heart attack, living just long enough to utter a single cryptic phrase:

It's eternity in there...

The father doesn't mention that since the inception of the technology, roughly thirty people have, voluntarily or otherwise, jaunted while conscious; they either died instantly or emerged insane. One woman was even shoved alive into eternal limbo by her murderous husband, stuck between two jaunt portals. The man was convicted of murder; though his attorneys attempted to argue that he was not guilty on the grounds that his wife was technically still alive, the implications of that argument only served to secure and hasten his execution.

The father then reveals the nature of why any conscious being goes insane or dies after being Jaunted: while physically the process occurs nearly instantaneously (the condemned man traveled two miles between two portals in 0.000000000067 seconds), to a conscious mind it lasts an eternity and beyond; one is simply left alone with their thoughts in an endless field of white for an unthinkable length of time (suggested to be billions of years). If one is stuck in this horrific limbo, their mind will either shut itself down or be driven insane from the lack of external stimuli. However, the father is careful in his wording to keep from scaring his family.

After the father finishes his story, the family is subjected to the sleeping gas and Jaunted to Mars. When the father wakes, he finds that his inquisitive son held his breath while being administered the general anesthesia in order to experience the Jaunt while conscious, and has been rendered completely insane. Hair lengthened and white with shock, corneas yellowed with age, the boy (though hardly resembling one by now - having experienced "an eternity and beyond") confirms the terrible nature of the conscious Jaunt: "Longer than you think, Dad! It's longer than you think!" The creature then claws its own eyes out".

PashkaaDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 23:59 | Message # 20
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
Teleportation would make our life easy and solve a lot of problems with transport. Due to teleportation we would get rid of traffic jams. Also it would be good way to transport without environmental contamination. smile

AriesDate: Saturday, 29.12.2012, 05:20 | Message # 21
Union organizer
(Pashkaa)
Teleportation would make our life easy and solve a lot of problems with transport. Due to teleportation we would get rid of traffic jams. Also it would be good way to transport without environmental contamination.

I agree with you. it maybe very useful

FoxyTDate: Wednesday, 02.01.2013, 12:27 | Message # 22
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Teleportation can help us to get rid of the pollution. Because cars and planes slowly kill our nature.

Johnny_BravoDate: Friday, 04.01.2013, 16:21 | Message # 23
Union organizer
Teleportation is good. And you are a real pessimist if you think that it can do any harm to us or to our planet. I believe it very useful. You can travel not only around the world but through other worlds. I think it is wonderful. smile

Nastay62rusDate: Tuesday, 08.01.2013, 07:20 | Message # 24
Union organizer
traveling in time, the teleportator can warn people against various cataclysms which can happen in the future (an earthquake, a flood, a tornado, crash of planes, etc.). Moving to the past it is possible to change the past, having relieved people of various losses

PerilovaDate: Monday, 11.02.2013, 13:14 | Message # 25
Head teacher
I think every person would like to have the ability to teleport. Teleportation is a way to conquer the space. It could save humanity from many problems, it could make our life easier. For example, we could be on a hot island in a cold winter, we could visit many interesting places without the cost of planes and trains. By the way, people would be more punctual. But unfortunately, the place of teleportation is only in fiction stories.

Message edited by Perilova - Monday, 11.02.2013, 13:15

ZhgutikDate: Monday, 11.02.2013, 22:24 | Message # 26
Union organizer
Perilova
I think that some people never be more punctual( even if they will have the ability to teleport. Do you agree with me?
What kinds of problems can decide the ability to teleport?

ValerieTrDate: Tuesday, 12.02.2013, 23:14 | Message # 27
Quote (Zhgutik)
I think that some people never be more punctual( even if they will have the ability to teleport. Do you agree with me?

Why not? For example, if you are late, you may use teleportation and...tadaaa! happy ....You're in that place what you need..

PerilovaDate: Wednesday, 13.02.2013, 20:33 | Message # 28
Head teacher
Quote (Zhgutik)
Perilova, 
What kinds of problems can decide the ability to teleport?

Yes, i agree, i think these people would have been, too.
I wrote what kind of problems can decide teleportation.
What problems can decide teleportation in your opinion ?

FoxyTDate: Tuesday, 26.02.2013, 01:29 | Message # 29
Group: Moders
Quote (Nastay62rus)
Moving to the past it is possible to change the past, having relieved people of various losses

If you could return to the past then would you change something in your life?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Technologies and Science » Teleportation as Reality (Theories and practices of teleportation)
  • Page 2 of 2
  • «
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024