THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 02.05.2024, 23:08
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Technologies and Science » Teleportation as Reality (Theories and practices of teleportation)
Teleportation as Reality
Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 22.11.2010, 18:41 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Folks, have you hear of teleportation? Will teleportation become a reality in the future? What is teleportation?

NadyaDate: Monday, 22.11.2010, 20:22 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Ohh..I think it would be really cool smile And it would be a good chance to visit many countries or to do different things in a little time period!

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 23.11.2010, 00:02 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Of course, I know what teleportation is! icecream It's a unique technology that gives it's users a power to transfer all kinds of materal objects (including people) from one place to another in a flash. Nadya is right, but our dreams and hopes connected with teleportation may be even more epic! Many people believe one day teleportation will become an essential part of human life and enable us not only to travel to far away countries and reach our working places instantly but will also help to explore the whole Universe!

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Message edited by Nekavaen - Tuesday, 23.11.2010, 00:04

TanyaDate: Thursday, 25.11.2010, 02:10 | Message # 4
Course monitor
Group: Friends
As for me I hope that teleportation may be possible in the far future. It will be really exiting to vanish in Ryazan and appear instant later for example in Madrid. May be it help us to solve the problems with traffic jams. smile

AsyaDate: Friday, 26.11.2010, 05:44 | Message # 5
Awards: 6
Teleportation is called "transgression" in "Harry Potter". biggrin And it's a double-edged sword. On the one hand, it is really convenient: quick and cheap)) But on the other hand, it helps criminals escape and get to their victims really in the twinkling of an eye. Just as any other achievement of humanity, transgression will have its own merits and demerits. But I would be nevertheless very glad if teleportation existed))

NadyaDate: Friday, 10.12.2010, 16:28 | Message # 6
As I've already said it will be really great. And if teleportation becomes a reality- what era do you want to visit?

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 11.12.2010, 01:14 | Message # 7
Head teacher
If I had a chance to travel through time, I would go to Ancient Egypt and old Mayan cities. I want to know who bulit the pyramids. I do believe that humans could't do it alone... Somebody helped them... But who? Maybe some extraterrestrial beings...

NadyaDate: Sunday, 12.12.2010, 18:03 | Message # 8
Yeah..I completely agree with you. It's a very inresting time. Pyramids and other constructions just amaze people. And I'd like to know how pyramids were built there too

MegastarostaDate: Friday, 17.12.2010, 11:50 | Message # 9
Union organizer
Hopefully. the teleportation will become real for everyone because I spend a lot of time in public transport and with the help of teleportation i will be always in time and wont spend time in traffic jams

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 19.12.2010, 20:55 | Message # 10
Union organizer
Frankly speaking I do not want to have an opportunity to use teleportation, I agree, it saves time, but a car or public transport also saves time and now we forget what is to go on foot. It is so exciting to travel by air, or by train, to meet different people, to chatter with them, but this new technology deprives us of it. Maybe I am an old-fashioned person unsure

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 08.03.2011, 11:53 | Message # 11
Teleportation is the process of physically relocating the body from one place to another site without touching it in anyway, or using any mechanical device. What we find in a true teleportation is that physical body dematerializes (disappears) from one location and subsequently rematerializes (reappears) in a different spot in an instant often accompanied by a "pop" sound.
Teleportation can also be used for time travel. The early time travelers (from the 31st to the end of the 34th centuries) required some form of craft to travel back in time. It is during the 35th century that teleportation techniques will be developed (see the book Time Travelers from Our Future) and ships are no longer required or utilized.
We can experience teleportation during the dream state. It differs from regular dreams and lucid dreams in that your body physically leaves the bed and travels to another location on a different dimension.
Teleportation can take place in three different ways. The first is a spontaneous teleportation. You may have had the experience of performing some chore that you had done thousands of times before and sensing for a moment that you were someplace else. Another possibility is walking down a street, or jogging, and realizing that you are much farther from you origin than was possible over the period of time in question.
The second type of teleportation is one that is directed during your sleep state. This experience differs from regular of lucid dreams in that you are not confronted with symbols or merely you subconscious transported to dream world. Your physical body in teleportation has physically relocated to the astral plane or other dimension. This memory of a true teleportation is clear and accompanied by recall of physical sensations. Most dreams are hazy and leave us confused as to their meaning.
A consciously directed teleportation comprises the third group. In the beginning you will find that you wind up in places far from your goal. This low level of accuracy improves dramatically with regular practice. When you return to your place of origin, you will again hear that "pop" sound. Your body travels at the speed of light, so distance is of no significance.

NekavaenDate: Friday, 11.03.2011, 08:43 | Message # 12
Head teacher
Wow, a great idea! I’ve always believed that when we sleep, our bodies lose their connection with the outer world and switch off from reality. Our organs continue working but we can’t control the process because a part of us that’s responsible for reasoning and moving travels to another world or a different dimension. Isn’t it teleportation? Of course, it is!

I first started to think about it after I had watched a TV program about the cultural stereotypes and religious beliefs of Indians. They are sure that when we sleep, our souls leave our bodies and get into a parallel reality. The world of fantasies and dreams is captivating and it’s easy for our souls to be enticed away with its beauty. But if the souls don’t return it time, their owners – people – will die. That’s why a lot of people die when sleeping.

2YoungDate: Thursday, 12.05.2011, 14:55 | Message # 13
Monitor
The pluses of teleportation are evedent. But look at the minuses. What will happen if a portal to HELL opens?(like in Doom 3)What will happen if a portal to another galaxy opens?(like in StarGate) I think that such a technology can be dangerous and hope I'll be already dead when it is invented.

Metus, dolor, mors ac formidines

LuckDate: Wednesday, 25.05.2011, 21:34 | Message # 14
Union organizer
Awards: 5
well maybe a portal to the other galaxy is not so bad...why do you think that it'll do only harm? maybe our scientists will be able to learn more, maybe we'll be able to see new life that will be much more colorful and probably better than our current one)) what if an open portal to somewhere is not a bad thing at all? and maybe then you'll change your opinion about "being dead" when the portal is open)

TeacherDate: Tuesday, 07.06.2011, 21:42 | Message # 15
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Well, the idea of teleportation has its pros and contras for sure. The question is whether future scientists can avoid all kinds of these "contras" and develop "pros".
Another thing is that in general we should differ time and space teleportation. The last one is ok, but what about time-travelling? I think the movie "Butterfly Effect" is a shining example of what consequences can be caused by hasty decisions and actions while travelling through time.
And the last issue I'd like to mention. Teleportation as any other invention will become a great business and will bring much money to those who will posses this technologies, so guys, forget about free teleportations in future. Common people will rather use bicycles, than teleports.

In Vino Veritas...

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Technologies and Science » Teleportation as Reality (Theories and practices of teleportation)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024