THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 05:45
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Nadya  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Art - Painting, Sculpture, Architecture » Painting As a Kind of Art
Painting As a Kind of Art
lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 13.04.2011, 20:46 | Message # 16
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
OHHH!!! I share this admiration completely!!! I adore impressionists for their simplicity, power, energetics, the ability to render the slightest change in nature,in the mood. Their works are so vivid and true to life but at the same time they show us things that we can pass by easily unable even to notice them! That's what ordinary people need! Real feelings, the intensity of emotions, pure joy!

NadyaDate: Thursday, 21.04.2011, 20:38 | Message # 17
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
There are a lot of different styles in painting. And what do you think about abstractionism? In my opinion it is quite a specific style because not all people understand it. Some people see only lines, shapes and colours when they are looking at, for example, such paintings.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 22.04.2011, 17:22 | Message # 18
Dean
Well, usually I prefer something more canonical, classical, something calm. It doesn't mean I can interpret only what lies on the surface, that's just my taste. But! I'm open for exploring new unconventional styles. These very pictures are incredible!! I'm really struck! The dabs are so...venturous! That's what I do appreciate in painting! No fear and no impaction.

NekavaenDate: Monday, 25.04.2011, 09:40 | Message # 19
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Yes, abstractionism is difficult to understand. For me these pictures look like wallpapers with geometrical patterns – bright and good for decoration of the interior but senseless. Still it’s only my humble opinion… And also it’s the opinion about this style in general. There single works that make me agitated because there is at least a faint resemblance to real life in them. For example, this painting.

Attachments: 8773826.jpg (55.6 Kb)

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 25.04.2011, 19:21 | Message # 20
Dean
And for me this picture is abstraction in the bad sense of the word. I think it's better to admire colours, half-tones and perspective than look at harsh paintings and try to 'read between the lines'. Still such a canvas can be of great interest for true judges of art! It's just a matter of taste, for example, I can't stand too strong aculeate colours and broken lines. Explain me, please, what is the artist's possible message as far as this very painting is concerned? How can you interpret it?

Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 26.04.2011, 12:29 | Message # 21
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Quote (Nekavaen)
Yes, abstractionism is difficult to understand

I can't take my eyes off the portrait. Who is the artist? Personally, I think I like abstract painting.
Nadya, who are the painters of the pictures you have attached?

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 28.04.2011, 12:10 | Message # 22
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Frankly speaking, I don’t know the name of the artist… I've found this picture by pure accident on the page of an Internet shop selling artworks of young Russian artists.

Lovefootball), I also can’t see any deep philosophical idea in this painting and don’t search for complicated author’s messages. I just like the way vivid colors are combined – contrasts energize me and please the eye. And it’s interesting how geometric figures form a human face. I think it’s a face of a passionate person who is searching for his place in our multicolored and unpredictable world.
Still it’s just my perception and my imagination formed by my own life experience. I’m sure others may discern something radically different.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 28.04.2011, 19:23 | Message # 23
Dean
The question that doesn't give me peace is this very author's message! Should we make efforts to find it in any picture? Or the situation that we can simply relax and admire the colours and the composition is also possible? The same situation is with literature: no doubt that any reader should try to gain an insight into a book but still it itrritates me a lot when someone begins to invent wiredrawn ideas!

NadyaDate: Thursday, 28.04.2011, 19:57 | Message # 24
The first picture is painted by M. Zhgivalyova. Though the painter of the second picture is very talented, unfortunately I don't know his name.
Well, I don't think that we should make efforts to find author's message. In my opinion, if we do it, we just won't get it. People can understand feelings and emotions when they look at any painting for the first time. Our first impression (perception of the painting) is the most important thing in art. Whether we like the picture or not, depends on it.

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 01.05.2011, 18:40 | Message # 25
Dean
But each individuality perceives this or that piece of art in his/her own way...I've always taken it for granted but doesn't it mean that the effect art produces is a mere illusion? The painter encloses one sense, the critic picks it to pieces suggesting quite a different interpretation and some ordinary onlooker doesn't see any idea at all or just enjoys the composition and advises his friends to go to the gallery...H'm, in fact it's natural,I hope art won't turn into something standardized!

NadyaDate: Friday, 03.06.2011, 11:16 | Message # 26
I also think that art will always excite different emotions, different thoughts and for sure won't be standardized! And do you think painting is the most popular kind of art? If it isn't, what kind of art is the most popular nowadays? Why do you think so?

LuckDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 23:31 | Message # 27
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
I do not like sculptures that much so probably for me painting is the most popular kind of art nowadays...Though...what does it mean "the most popular"? Tastes are differ so if I like pictures that does not mean that all the other people love them too! It is all a mater of tastes. But I think my opinion is pretty clear: painting is the best thing)))

NadyaDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 13:25 | Message # 28
In my opinion, nowadays people don't value painting as high as they did before. Of course tastes are differ, but only a few people are interested in painting (I mean only people who think that this kind of art is almost everything for them, who paint or draw and people who buy different paintings not just to hang them up on the walls and forget about them). But we haven't said a word about architecture yet. Nevetherless, we pass by a lot of different buildings, see buildings in various morden styles on TV every day. So, don't you think that architecture is one of the most "popular" (I know that this word isn't correct here) kind of art in the morden world? Just look at these skyscrapers and other unusual constructions projects!

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 13:54 | Message # 29
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Nadya, can you write more about these architectural wonders? Where can one see them? Do they really exist? In what countries?

NadyaDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 18:46 | Message # 30
In the first picture we can see a project designed by Beijing-based architects MAD for the exhibition "Uneternal City'. The project is called 'Superstar: A Mobile China Town'. Though it is very attractive, I don't think such a star-shaped, mobile Chinatown will ever exist. In the second picture you can see Aqua Tower which is situated in Chicago, the USA. There is Wonderworks in the third picture. It is situated in the amusement park Pigeon Forge in Tennessee, the USA. You can see project of Regatta Hotel in the fourth picture. This complex is being built in Jakarta, Indonesia. There are a Parisian project "Le Projet Triangle" in the fifth picture. And, finally, in the last picture you can see Piano shaped building which is situated in Huaynan, China. The building is made of clear and black glass. A huge violin is the main entrance into the building.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Art - Painting, Sculpture, Architecture » Painting As a Kind of Art
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024