THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 06.05.2024, 22:12
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Global Education » Balance of Power (Talks about the natural law of balancing)
Balance of Power
Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 07.11.2011, 12:04 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
As we all know, BALANCE is a metaconcept, a state in which opposite forces or influences have or are given equal importance. It is definite that everything in Nature tends towards equilibrium. It natural equilibrium is broken, things change unpredictably towards another form of equilibrium.
I am now inviting you to look itno the metaconcept of BALANCE and discuss its soclal, political and psychological aspects.
- What is BALANCE?
- How is it manifested in social norms and regulations?
- How is it manifested in the political sphere?
- What can be balanced in society?
- What can be balanced on the international level?
- What can or must or should be balanced an the cultural level?
- Can or should there be any kind of religious balance?

A lot of other questions are churning my mind, but I think you will provide more!

TeacherDate: Thursday, 10.11.2011, 02:13 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
The concept of "balance" is closely connected with the idea of golden mean. The main point is that everything in our world should or even must be balanced. Otherwise the world itself with all the people can just vanish. The basic level of balance in the world is equality between good and bad. I think there is no wonder that in society people have a tendency to maintain the predominance of smth. good, positive, right etc. Religion and law helps them to maintain this predominance.
Concerning the political sphere of our life I should say that, for example, in Russia we can see the balance (or at least the semblance of this balance) between the governing party (ER) and its opponents (KPRF, LDPR, etc.). This balance must be maintained, because it's leads to a conflict. And the result of this conflict is (theoretically) the positive development of the country.
Let's come back to the fact that on the basic level we have balance between Good and Evil. This manifests that i.e. every new life must be equaled by somebody's death. This makes me think that there's no need to be happy because of the fact, that somewhere all people survived after some plane crash. Why so? Because these saved lives soon will be balanced by a number of deaths.

In Vino Veritas...

MissJaneDate: Tuesday, 15.11.2011, 22:19 | Message # 3
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
The notion of balance is not a modern invention. The point between opposite forces was conceived by the ancient as the fundamental basis sustaining life and peace on Earth. For instance, the ancient Egyptian mythology was entirely built up on the concept of balance.

"The Egyptian conception of the universe centered on Ma'at, a word that encompasses several concepts in English, including "truth," "justice," and "order." It was the fixed, eternal order of the universe, both in the cosmos and in human society. It had existed since the creation of the world, and without it the world would lose its cohesion. In Egyptian belief, Ma'at was constantly under threat from the forces of disorder, so all of society was required to maintain it. On the human level this meant that all members of society should cooperate and coexist; on the cosmic level it meant that all of the forces of nature—the gods—should continue to function in balance."

This extract form a Wikipedia article proves that people thousands of years ago could distinctly realize what the stability factor is and how to attain and maintain it.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 06.02.2012, 22:02 | Message # 4
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Seagull, I'm sure it doesn't have anything to do with one's happiness and peace. It's just not our business to shoulder the burden of global balance and what is more important of others' lives. I'm not indifferent but it's just not in our power (or competency)))) and trying to change this turn of things or spy into the secrets of God may be regarded as a sin...

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Global Education » Balance of Power (Talks about the natural law of balancing)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024