[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Medicine and Health » Healthy Living
Healthy Living
MissJaneDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 12:27 | Message # 16
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
The thing I can't but emphasize is that healthy lifestyle has been apparently excluded from Russian self-awareness. Health and healthy way of life are viewed nowadays as foreign elements in Russian culture. If a person decides it's time to think about his/her future children and stops drinking alcohol and smoking, the person is thrown out of company. If you beg your friend to cease smoking because she has cardiac malformation as it is, she looks upon you as a traitor. What's wrong with people, I wonder? I'm not against a glass of wine with friends in the evening. I can understand when someone went out of senses during a wedding party and drank all the "fuel". I appreciate people who have an eye for excellent cigars and wines.
But I can't accept when you are forced to 'be like others' - to keep the company (which is not your company in fact), to share their unhealthy habits.

Added (10.06.2011, 12:27)
---------------------------------------------

Quote (lovefootball))
a healthy lifestyle has become just another current trend for a number of people

Yes, in Europe it is so. America is also struggling to bring people to reason and cope with the problem of obesity. Some people do a number on their head and go on a diet, visit fitness centers, jog in the morning and feel they are reaching their ideal. But I think modern researches in the sphere of healthy lifestyle have gone mad and a lot of rubbish is being written. Some decades ago 5 a Day program was extremely popular with Americans and it encouraged the consumption of at least five portions of fruit and vegetables each day. Fruit juice was said to be one of the key components of the diet. Now scientists claim that excessive consumption of fresh fruit juice can lead you to a "sweet tooth". It disturbs blood sugar levels and the body's natural metabolism, researchers say. Now it is a trend to eat dried fruits as they can help combat cancer, metabolic disease and heart problems. But they also contain a lot of sugar, don't they? We just shouldn't believe everything they say and set a balanced diet for ourselves.

LuckDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 12:43 | Message # 17
Union organizer
Awards: 5
I do not think we are so much forced into "being like others". It is your personal choice. You decide for yourself whether to do this or that thing or not. That does not mean that you should judge other people if they do not support your "vision of life". This is their choice and that is yours. But well, I cannot understand people who say somethig like "oooh, you drink so much!" or "oooh, you do not drink at all". Probably they are just so much bored with their life and have nothing to do that is why they are interested in other people"s life much more))

MissJaneDate: Saturday, 11.06.2011, 22:50 | Message # 18
Union organizer
Yes, I am interested in other people's life more and I can't stay indifferent when my friend smokes despite the weak heart; when my acquaintance makes a package of beer his companion every evening; when my uncle is deprived of his driving license because of being drunk - I just can't look at it calmly. Some people simply need to hear that others do not support them and they'll try to change their way of life. And I'd rather say "you drink so much" and "you smoke too much" instead of keeping silence.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 27.06.2011, 14:37 | Message # 19
Dean
Group: Users
But don't you think that such remarks are needless cares and worries for you? Why on earth should you charge your head with the affairs of other people? That's funny and at the same time a bit sad but still it's true: a lover of alcohol doesn't see any problem in his lifestyle. He simply takes great enjoyment in it)))) But his relatives and friends....ooh! They can't eat and sleep, their minds are always occupied with the "poor creature". The worst thing is when women waste their precious time on profitless efforts and try to "save" their husbands - alcoholics. It's a morass! After all life is too bright and wonderful and I'm sure that it's a crime to waste it on breaking others of their bad habits.

ekanika1453Date: Friday, 30.03.2012, 13:42 | Message # 20
Student
Awards: 0
Healthy way of life - is this something abstract and unreachable nowadays? Of course not! Healthy way of life is absolutely real and not so difficult lifestyle habits to bring in life for everyone.

Certainly, it is not possible for every person to make his lifestyle 100% ideally healthy, and this is not required in most cases.

Better health, more energy, better work results, less fatigue, more joy in family and everywhere, great and constant feeling of happiness, powerful stress resistance and more, and more...
And I don't even speak about diseases. It's absolutely clear - anyone can be laid up, so it's much better to prevent an illness by following healthy way of life.

TeacherDate: Friday, 30.03.2012, 14:24 | Message # 21
Head teacher
Group: Admins
ekanika1453, how do you follow healthy way of life? What are the key principles of your own healthy living?

In Vino Veritas...

RosebudDate: Thursday, 05.04.2012, 22:05 | Message # 22
Monitor
I also beleive that we should lead the healthy life-style to live a long happy life smile that is not to smoke, not to drink alcohol, spend a lot of time outside, go in for sports and eat properly. By the way, eating before going to bed shortens our life by 8 years! So, try not to eat straight before sleeping. As for me, I like skating and skiing, running and swimming. I hate smoking and alcohol. And I advise you to think before you start doing these things.

Message edited by Rosebud - Thursday, 05.04.2012, 22:07

Nikky0638Date: Friday, 06.04.2012, 12:25 | Message # 23
Monitor
To be healthy is very important. When people are healthy it helps them to work, to study and to have a rest, becose if you are sick, you have a temperature and all of this kind... you can not concentrate on anything, you just think about your cozy apartment, how to drink the hot tea and go to bed. To be healthy means do exercises by which you will be cheerful, walk ( It is good for your blood pressure) eat the right food ( vegetables, frut, milk and try not to eat fat food and many sweets) and the last point think in the right way it means try to have good thoughts and to be always optimistic!!!

Strawberry1992Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 00:35 | Message # 24
Monitor
Nowdays the medcine becomes more developed. Scholars ivent different drugs for dangerous diseases which were incurable before.
I think that it's not very difficult to live healthy. And I think than such a life is available for everybody.

Angel757Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 11:11 | Message # 25
Monitor
Our health is the most important thing in our life! But unfortunately not many people take care of their health! They smoke, often drink alcohol, take drugs and so on. People begin think about their health only when they have serious problems with it.

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 11:30 | Message # 26
Monitor
It's never too late to change your habits, and by establishing a healthy lifestyle now, you'll continue to reap the rewards in the future. Discover the facts behind nutrition so you can make informed choices, understand how BMI, or body mass index, affects you, or take part in our six-week diet and exercise programme.

IrinaDate: Sunday, 27.05.2012, 16:44 | Message # 27
Monitor
Nowadays our life is getting more and more tense. People live under the press of different problems, such as social, ecological, economic and others. They constantly suffer from stress, noise and dust in big cities, diseases and instability. A person should be strong and healthy in order to overcome all difficulties. To achieve this aim people ought to take care of their physical and mental health. There are several ways to do it. The state of your body depends on how much time you spend doing sports. At least everybody must do morning exercises every day. The most healthy kinds of sports are swimming, running and cycling. Healthy food is also a very important factor. To be healthy, people should get rid of their bad habits. It's necessary to stop smoking and drinking much. Everyone should remember that cigarettes, alcohol and drugs destroy both body and brain.

RosebudDate: Wednesday, 12.09.2012, 11:33 | Message # 28
Monitor
No doubt we should attitude to our health with care and be discriminating in the choice of food. Then, sport is the integral part of our healthy lifestyle. I like sport but unfortunately at the present time I'm so busy with my studies that I have not time to go to the gym or simply run every day. Thanks to God, nobody smokes in my family! It's also very important happy for me.

SarahDate: Monday, 17.09.2012, 09:25 | Message # 29
Student
I think everybody chooses for himself the healthy living.I try to avoid any diets and prefer more move.The healthy living is the sport,try to choose any for herself.

ZensaDate: Thursday, 20.09.2012, 19:12 | Message # 30
Monitor
It's not a secret that everyone wants to live as longer as they can and, of course, no one wants to fall ill or to have incurable diseases. That's why medicine plays a very important role in our life. You can observe that TV channels shows programs about healthy way of life every day! All you need is to turn on your tv set and select the right channel. Occupational therapists will tell you what to do and what not to. The also show you useful exercises to keep your body slim and compose your diet. If you really want to be health you will follow the instructions and examples that they will be giving to you during the tv program. To sum up i'd like to say that there is no healthy living without human desire.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Medicine and Health » Healthy Living
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024