THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 00:31
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Medicine and Health » Effective Ways to Fight Insomnia
Effective Ways to Fight Insomnia
NekavaenDate: Saturday, 30.10.2010, 20:34 | Message # 46
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Yes, Cherry, people MUST sleep at least 7 hours a day to be healthy and rested and look fresh... though it's hardly possible for most of us nowadays...
As for me, I've always tried to sleep 6 hours a day and rarely suffered from insomnia (it's written in my previous message) BUT the situation has changed recently! Last week a new English teacher came to our group and she turned our life into HELL!!!!! Now I and my groupmates sleep 3 hours a day because the homework she gives us is not only ENORMOUSLY BIG but also stupid and useless (actually, one of these hours is spent on calming down and forgetting her angry face and screaming voice, so we sleep 2 hours).
Insufficient sleep is turning me into a zombie! Does anyone have the same problem?

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Message edited by Nekavaen - Thursday, 04.11.2010, 22:15

CherryDate: Sunday, 31.10.2010, 11:16 | Message # 47
Monitor
Awards: 0
))))))) oh, I really understand you. sometimes we have too little time to sleep because we must do our homework. and most of all i don`t like that our working load doesn`t distribute in a right way. one day we study for three or two hours, but on the other day we should study for the whole day and night.

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 31.10.2010, 19:03 | Message # 48
Dean
Awards: 3
That's why it's important to do everything in advance and to plan your time. Of course, it depends on your character - not everybody can collect himself and use his time in the most efficient way. A lot of people just need more time for some kinds of work, that's their nature and there's little harm in it. Anyway, one should settle his work in such a way that he can feel comfortable.

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 31.10.2010, 21:57 | Message # 49
Head teacher
You are absolutely right, Lovefootball. I also like to do everything in advance and I had never had any problems with it until I heard last Wednesday: "So, when do we have the next lesson? On Thursday? Tomorrow? Ok, then your hometask will be:
-10 written exercises from the textbook;
-10 oral exercises from the textbook;
- 2 additional translation tasks (A4 format list);
- 3 additional grammar task (A4 format list each);
- listening to the tape;
- (!!!!!!!!!!!) preparing for a big test on everything you've studied since the 1st of December".
Tomorrow we will know the results of this test...
killed

AsyaDate: Sunday, 31.10.2010, 22:58 | Message # 50
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Nekavaen, maybe, I'm not right. But I'm convinced that when the assignment is stupid and enormous, it isn't worth doing. If we were in your shoes, I think we would try to change the situation somehow. Our group is rather laborious, but only when we are not overloaded with home assignments and when we see sense doing this or that task.

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 31.10.2010, 23:15 | Message # 51
Head teacher
You are right... But what can we do? Our new English teacher is a monster. If we don't do all the tasks she will put bad marks, write a memorandum about our bad behaviour...We've already thought of not coming to her lessons or show another form of protest. But will it work?

AsyaDate: Monday, 01.11.2010, 07:31 | Message # 52
H-m-m-m... Who is she?! Does she teach other groups? If yes, what's happening there? Is the situation so bad only in your group? If yes again, what have they done to improve it?
As for showing protest, I'm not quite sure it will help you. But at least it's worth trying.Something must be definitely changed. Show her you're not going to follow her stupid rules but nevertheless you're ready to work. So, you are not against her but you want to change the educational process a little bit.

CherryDate: Monday, 01.11.2010, 08:43 | Message # 53
Monitor
lovefootball, of course we should collect himself and use our time in the most efficient way. but very often we have situations when we have no choice. we plan one thing, then come teacher and tell you that tomorrow you have a big test and you are forced to sit the whole evening and night.

NekavaenDate: Monday, 01.11.2010, 21:17 | Message # 54
Head teacher
Asya, I don't know if she teaches other groups or not. All that I know about her is that she has NO TEACHER QUALIFICATION and NO TEACHING EXPERIENCE! She graduated last year as an interpreter! That's why she doesn't know pedagogics and psychology at all and can't make interesting and useful lesson plans.

CherryDate: Monday, 01.11.2010, 22:20 | Message # 55
Monitor
I am in sympathy with you, nekavaen. but if the situation is really so bad, you should try to change it

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 02.11.2010, 09:29 | Message # 56
Completely agree with Cherry. You should explain her you are DISsatisfied. There may be quite trivial reasons for her behaviour. She may simply be afraid of you. She may have thought that you would treat her as your friend, not as a teacher and decided to show you she's the boss!

MissJaneDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 00:04 | Message # 57
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Has anything changed since then? Are you still suffering from your 'monster'?
Anyway, I C A N 'T believe that you, students, the elite of young people, are so obedient to the rules you do not like! Are you afraid of turning your life for the better? Or do 'your monster's' claims have any grain of sense and justice? dry

Angel757Date: Friday, 06.04.2012, 15:45 | Message # 58
Monitor
So, I suppose that the most effective method to have a good sleep is to go to bed not in a day when you wake up)

mrsbukaleDate: Friday, 20.04.2012, 11:59 | Message # 59
Monitor
well, the years of studying are the most vivid in our life. But unfortunately we can`t sleep enough because of different parties and studying itself. When we don`t sleep for a long time our organism becomes exhausted and we can`t study well. Sometimes it can be a real problem of sleeping because when we have enough time to sleep we lie in a bed and can`t fall asleep. The best way for me is to read before sleeping because when you read, our brain has a lot of information, and in one moment it stops take the information it. Our eyes close and voila, we sleep!

Added (20.04.2012, 11:59)
---------------------------------------------
well, the years of studying are the most vivid in our life . But unfortunately we can`t sleep enough because of different parties and studying itself. When we don`t sleep for a long time our organism becomes exhausted and we can`t study well.Sometimes it can be a real problem of sleeping because when we have enough time to sleep we are in a bed and can`t fall asleep. The best way for me is to read before sleeping because when we read, our brain has a lot of information, and in one moment the brain stops to take the information in. Our eyes close and voila, we sleep!

Flower-girlDate: Friday, 20.04.2012, 12:41 | Message # 60
Monitor
Oh actually when I was a school-girl this problem didn't seem to me so shark as now,cause I had a lot of study,different tutors,I went to the music school,spent a lot of time with my friends and yet I had enough time to sleep! Now I'm a third year student and I have no time at all! I study three languages,I work..and that is practically all! I'm very tired especially up to the end of the year..I'm waiting for my exams to pass it quickly and of course for my summer vacations-to sleep,sleep and sleep! And only then I hope I won't have insomnia that I have now,because of the lack of sleeping(((

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Medicine and Health » Effective Ways to Fight Insomnia
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024