THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 29.04.2024, 13:00
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » Extreme sports (Experience, advice and instructions)
Extreme sports
AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 19.12.2010, 21:19 | Message # 16
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
We are young and we want to feel more and deeper. So we need adrenaline. Extreme sport is a good way out, but if you care about your health too much, you can just see a horror film fear

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 20.12.2010, 20:30 | Message # 17
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
And the film will affect one's mental health! It's just a vicious circle))) By the way, why do we lack adrenalin? Is it just a temporary state? Maybe, we miss something very important in our life? To tell the truth, I tend to think most people just dramatize talking about adrenalin. They use this "magic" word as an excuse.

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 08.03.2011, 11:53 | Message # 18
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Extreme sports are activities that are associated with an adrenaline rush that is felt by the sportmen. They're characterized by high speed or high risk. These activities are often dangerous and any mistake could result in injury or even death. There are a lot of extreme kinds of sport in the world. Some of them are mountain biking, climbing, bungee jumping, snowboarding, freestyle skiing, parkour. Extreme sports are growing in popularity now, especially among young people.
If I say that extreme sports are bad, people won't stop to do these kinds of sport. However, I think that it's very dangerous. A lot of people with disabilities did extreme sports in the past. And it isn't worth this sacrifice. Of course not all people become disabled. But people who do any extreme kind of sport are always at risk of their life.
To my mind people should prefer less dangerous kinds of sport like cross-county skiing, sailing, windsurfing.

LuckDate: Tuesday, 07.06.2011, 21:23 | Message # 19
Union organizer
Awards: 5
I do not support extreme sports at all. This is JUST dangerous. And I think it is really stupid to risk one's health just in order to get a "great" feeling for a few minutes. And I am absolutely against going in for extreme sports without trainers.

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 13:32 | Message # 20
I also think that people musn't go in for any extreme sports without a trainer. But for many people doing extreme sports is their life. They just can't imagine it without a constant adrenaline rush. If doing extreme sports is very dangerous (and I agree with that) but people need to expend their energy, what do you suggest they should do?

LuckDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 22:34 | Message # 21
Union organizer
Well they can be active anyway! Because I did not mean they should spend days and nights at home reading a book ot watching TV. They can go in for sport as well but there is no need to put yourself in a situation between life and death. People should understand the risk. But unfortunately not so many do.

RinaDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 17:22 | Message # 22
Awards: 4
The thing is that for many people adrenaline is just like drugs - those who have once experienced this feelig want more and more. The things they used to do don't make them agitated and satisfied at all. And even if they understand how risky their lifestyle is, they can do mothing to do with it. A person who got used to running, feels miserable when he has to stop. How to help the people who are "addicted" to adrenaline? That's the question...

LuckDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 22:04 | Message # 23
Union organizer
I suppose here we can speak about some mental abnormalities...Because I do not think that a normal person would say, "I'll jump now from this height without safety equipment and we'll see what'll happen. But I am sure I will get lots of adrenaline!"

RinaDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 02:03 | Message # 24
Well, as far as I know, a lot of young people would like to do it. There are hundreds of people who jump from skyscrapers. This kind of urban sport - it is called basejumping - is regarded as one of the most dangerous.

And have you ever heard about "zatseping" or "train-surfing"?

It is becoming more and more popular among teens. And it regularly takes their lives...
And people who are fond of these urban sports are quite normal... they just lack extreme and it's their way to feel the life. I won't say that they have any mental abnormalities. Just because I can't imagine that so MANY people in our country are mentally sick...
Attachments: 5300305.jpg (212.3 Kb) · 3499289.jpg (95.8 Kb)

LuckDate: Friday, 10.06.2011, 12:24 | Message # 25
Union organizer
I like the first picture)))It is so....it takes my breath away!)) I am not sure I am so brave to jump from this building though...but yes it is possible to understand WHY they do such things))) As for the second pic, I suppose THIS is really stupid. They will probably die by inches!

RinaDate: Sunday, 12.06.2011, 19:14 | Message # 26
Completely agree with you
As for certain kind of extreme sport I'd like to experience I can't but mention rock climbing )(though I understand that I'm too craven for it...)

Attachments: 0447048.jpg (48.9 Kb)

LuckDate: Tuesday, 14.06.2011, 10:02 | Message # 27
Union organizer
I think I would simply glue myself to this rock)) it is so scary) I am two times craven than you:)

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 14.06.2011, 10:16 | Message # 28
Awards: 6
And i would like to go boating down some rapid mountain river. i'm really eager to do that. But, unfortunately, nobody's inviting me!

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 14.06.2011, 12:59 | Message # 29
As for me, I would like to go in for bungee jumping though it is so dangerous. I think it is very interesting and exciting! Nevertheless, I don't think I will ever dare to do it.

By the way, most people do different extreme sports just to feel and to try something new, to open something unknown for themselves. How do you think, is it right? What do you prefer- having a calm, safe and sometimes boring life or trying something new even if this lifestyle is sometimes very risky?

LuckDate: Wednesday, 15.06.2011, 20:48 | Message # 30
Union organizer
The pic is -wow!)And I would vote for doing something cool and risky sometimes. But that does not mean jumping without safety equipment, of course))

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » Extreme sports (Experience, advice and instructions)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024