THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 29.03.2024, 09:44
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » Extreme sports (Experience, advice and instructions)
Extreme sports
Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 07.10.2010, 09:59 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Have you ever done any extreme sports? Well, like snowboarding, windsurfing, skysurfing, ice-diving, bungee-jumping, parachuting, snow-rafting, white water rafting, motor-racing, paintball...

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 20.10.2010, 18:42 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
I have never done any extreme sports. But I'd like to very much. Could anybody advise me something?

AyayuliaDate: Thursday, 28.10.2010, 16:36 | Message # 3
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
For about 6 years I rided a mountain bike. I participated in a great amount of competition in different cities and achieved good resultes. But I payed a heavy price for it: scars, displacements, brain concussions. I wish I went in for unextreme sports

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 28.10.2010, 21:41 | Message # 4
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
What was the driving force then? Adrenaline? Or these injuries have become evident only recently?

AsyaDate: Thursday, 28.10.2010, 23:56 | Message # 5
Awards: 6
I'd like to play paintball. (is the word "play" OK to use here?) I know there are such games in our region, too. But I don't know how to join them. And I think it would be better if we participated as a group. What do you think, guys?

CherryDate: Saturday, 30.10.2010, 09:40 | Message # 6
Monitor
I have never done any extreme sports either, but i want very much. i think you feel unforgetable feelings. i think it is wonderful to understand that you can overcome some of your fears.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 30.10.2010, 20:46 | Message # 7
Dean
Wow, Cherry, I've never thought that you want to try it! Do you think the point is to overcome fears? And what about risk? Is the demonstration of courage and independence worth risking one's health?

CherryDate: Sunday, 31.10.2010, 10:56 | Message # 8
Monitor
the point is to enjoy the process. for me overcoming my fears is one of the ways to enjoy my life. Overcoming myself, I feel stronger and it makes me happy. only imagine that you bale out. i am afraid of the height very much. but i want to overcome it to see fields, forests, lakes from bird`s-eye-view. as far as risk is concerned, i want to say that even when we are simply going on foot, we are risking at that moment. we may fall and break our leg... or maybe smth has happened to our planet biggrin

Message edited by Cherry - Sunday, 31.10.2010, 18:51

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 31.10.2010, 18:51 | Message # 9
Dean
Haw-haw!!!!)))) To live means to risk?)) Well, you're right to some extent. But I think such kinds of sport are like a drug - one wants to demonstrate his courage and just can't stop.

CherryDate: Sunday, 31.10.2010, 18:54 | Message # 10
Monitor
may be) I haven`t thought about it before.... I agree . very often people forget everything and all thoghts are only about sport)

Message edited by Cherry - Sunday, 31.10.2010, 18:54

NadyaDate: Friday, 10.12.2010, 16:14 | Message # 11
Yes. More than that some of my friends think only about sport..but is it so bad? I think it's better to do any sport even it is an extreme (dangerous) kind of sport rather than do bad things(smoke, take drugs or something like that). And I'd like to do any extreme sport too)

NikkyDate: Friday, 10.12.2010, 17:54 | Message # 12
Course monitor
Quote (Nadya)
I think it's better to do any sport even it is an extreme (dangerous) kind of sport rather than do bad things(smoke, take drugs or something like that). And I'd like to do any extreme sport too)

I agree. Of course extreme kinds of sport are dangerous, but... No pain - no gain biggrin I think every kind of sport is dangerous, exept chess biggrin And every kind of sport makes us healthier.
Bad things limit our opportunities. In my opinion, there is nothing in our life that we can do if our health is poor. No holidays, no events, no friendship.
So, I think that extreme sports are good if you do them reasonably.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 10.12.2010, 20:31 | Message # 13
Dean
H'm... I'm not sure that sport makes us healthier. On the contrary, sport is a source of injuries that may even be fatal. It is physical training that really improves our general health and,what is also very important, state of mind. And besides, going in for sports doesn't presuppose giving up smoking, there're smokers among sportsmen.

NadyaDate: Sunday, 12.12.2010, 18:05 | Message # 14
Quote (lovefootball))
It is physical training that really improves our general health and,what is also very important, state of mind.

You are right
And of course there are some sportsmen who smoke. But most of sportsmen give up smoking

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 12.12.2010, 18:52 | Message # 15
Dean
It has always been a sort of riddle for me, to tell the truth. I just can't imagine how a professional sportsman can smoke, drink and have parties the day before an important match and give excellent results! There are people who even boast of that! What is it? Remarkable health or just luck?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » Extreme sports (Experience, advice and instructions)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024