THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Monday, 29.04.2024, 13:58
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » Extreme sports (Experience, advice and instructions)
Extreme sports
NadyaDate: Saturday, 25.06.2011, 12:48 | Message # 31
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
I would also choose a lifestyle that sometimes can be risky. Many people think we have only one life and we have to take care of it and be careful all the time. Though it is true, I think our life (the only life) should be very interesting, not boring (I do not want to feel regret when I will be 70))). It doesn't mean that we can do everything that is taken into our head, for example, "jumping without safety equipment". Nevertheless, we mustn't be the very "wise gudgeon" from the tale of M. Saltykov-Schedrin and spend all our life at home and be afraid of its difficulties))

natasha001Date: Wednesday, 25.01.2012, 14:29 | Message # 32
Student
Group: Users
In my oppinion sports are essential in our lives, especially because of our everyday office routine. I'm fond of rock climbing an "extreme" sport kind of.Rock climbing is a sport in which participants climb up, down or across natural rock formations or artificial rock walls. The goal is to reach the summit of a formation or the endpoint of a pre-defined route without falling. Rock climbing competitions have objectives of completing the route in the quickest possible time or the farthest along an ever increasingly harder route. Rock climbing is similar to scrambling (another activity involving the scaling of hills and similar formations), but climbing is generally differentiated by its sustained use of hands to support the climber's weight as well as to provide balance.

Rock climbing is a physically and mentally demanding sport, one that often tests a climber's strength, endurance, agility and balance along with her or his mental control. It can be a dangerous sport and knowledge of proper climbing techniques and usage of specialized climbing equipment is crucial for the safe completion of routes. Because of the wide range and variety of rock formations around the world, rock climbing has been separated into several different styles and sub-disciplines.
In Ryazan we have two gums where you can try and practice this sport.It's really entartaining and it helps me to keep fit smile

vanillaDate: Friday, 30.03.2012, 12:25 | Message # 33
Monitor
Unfortunately, I have never done it, but one of my creature desires is to try something. And, first of all, I really dream of snowboarding. It seems to me the best way to spend free time in winter. I have no reason why I do not practice it. Perhaps, we do not have first-class hills.

TeacherDate: Friday, 30.03.2012, 14:28 | Message # 34
Head teacher
Group: Admins
vanilla, what do you expect to get from snowboarding? Some kind of experience? Adrenalin? Something else?

In Vino Veritas...

GoldilocksDate: Sunday, 01.04.2012, 18:31 | Message # 35
Monitor
Well, I should admit, I’m such a coward. Usually I blame myself for missing an opportunity to try something new. I adore people who are brave enough to jump off a plane with a parachute or climb a high mountain. So, in my future I’d like to take courage and get this incredible feeling of adrenalin and excitement.

TeacherDate: Monday, 02.04.2012, 10:46 | Message # 36
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Quote (Goldilocks)
I’m such a coward.

Do you really think that the issue is about your cowardice? Maybe it's just a strong self-preservative instinct?

In Vino Veritas...

Angel757Date: Friday, 13.04.2012, 13:33 | Message # 37
Monitor
My hobby is mountain skiing) and I suppose we can call it an extreme sport! I get a portion of adrenalin every time when I roll down the hill and it's fantastic!! But unfortunately I can't afford it to do every season of the year, only in winter and it's a big minus(

IrinaDate: Sunday, 15.04.2012, 23:48 | Message # 38
Monitor
I've never understood people who likes an extreme kind of sport.It's very dangerous. They say it's a good way to get new emotions, but I think it's a goog way to get some troubles. I admire work of a stunt man. They are really the bravest people in the world. And naturally, their life is not boring.

GoldilocksDate: Monday, 23.04.2012, 09:36 | Message # 39
Monitor
Quote (Seagull)
Do you really think that the issue is about your cowardice? Maybe it's just a strong self-preservative instinct?

Maybe, that's true. But still, they say such activities bring a lot of new emotions in a person's life. Besides, many people think that fears are not normal and a person should get rid of them.

AmarantaDate: Sunday, 20.05.2012, 00:55 | Message # 40
Monitor
As for me, I`ve never done any extreme sports but I`m dreaming about parachuting. I`ve been begging my mother to let me do it sinse 15. Unfortunately, she remains firm. She has a fear of height and can`t even imagine such a possibility. When I was younger I thought that when I would be adult I would realize my dream even without her consent. But now I understand that I love her very much and never make her so worried about me.

Angel757Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 11:17 | Message # 41
Monitor
Parkour is classified as “wow!” an extreme sports. Practicing this discipline does not require wearing special equipment, sites developed, prepared before or other obstacles. Parkour is very simple, fluid movement from one place to another, to which are added run speed, climbing, jumping, spectacular and efficient movement, imagination, improvisation and other complex techniques.

ekanikaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 12:04 | Message # 42
Monitor
Extreme sports are nontraditional sports and activities that require participants to combine athletic skill with pronounced risk.
An extreme sport is a popular term for certain activities which have a high level of danger. These activities often involve speed, height, a high level of physical training. We can call many kinds of sports extreme ones. Extreme sports are rarely sanctioned by schools.
Usually athletes don’t have a coach or may hire him later. People in extreme sports complete not only against each other, but also against weather and difficulties and conditions of exact kind of extreme sport.
There are many extreme sports that take place in air, land, and water. For example there are some of them: ski jumping, sky diving ,sky surfing, sky flying, indoor climbing, BMX (bicycle motocross), mountain biking, mountain boarding, skateboarding, snowboarding, powerboat racing, surfing, whitewater kayaking, windsurfing. All these sports need to have special equipment and glasses.
For surfing we need a surfboard and swimming kits. For snowboarding we need a snowboard and special boots to fix them on the board and a suit and also sunglasses that help to look at the snow and a helmet. For BMX sport you need a special not high bike with small wheels. Sportsmen can dress fashionably, usually in shorts and a T-shirt,trainers, if they want they wear a cap.

NiakrisDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 00:24 | Message # 43
Monitor
Any extreme sport is something like a forbidden fruit for me. I like them all, no, I adore them all, but my health prevents me from going in for extreme sports. So I only have a chance to notice the perfomances of the sportsmans. I really admire these people, they are not only brave, but also very agile, artful and lithe.
May be, in future I will have a chance to make a parachute jump, and I want to use this chance very much!

ArchieDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 10:10 | Message # 44
Monitor
The definition of an extreme sport is not exact — for example, although studies show that road cycling ranks as the sport with the highest number of injuries, it is not considered an extreme sport because it is not counter-cultural.
Activities categorized by media as extreme sports differ from traditional sports due to the higher number of inherently uncontrollable variables. Athletes in these activities compete not only against other athletes, but also against environmental obstacles and challenges. These environmental variables are frequently weather and terrain related, including wind, snow, water and mountains. Because these natural phenomena cannot be controlled, they inevitably affect the outcome of the given activity or event. It's too dangerous to allow it.

Little_MuDate: Thursday, 27.12.2012, 20:20 | Message # 45
Union organizer
Unfortunately I don't do extreme sports sad To be honest, I'm even afraid of it. But I would like to ride a snowboard or doing a parachute jump. I like diving too. So, I promised myself that someday I'll do extreme sports biggrin

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Sport, Hobbies, Leisure » Extreme sports (Experience, advice and instructions)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024