THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 01:44
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Cinema has changed our life (About cinema and our life...)
Cinema has changed our life
TeacherDate: Monday, 12.10.2009, 03:10 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
The invention of cinema became very useful for all Humanity. With the help of the cinema people can communicate, learn about other countries, people, worlds, societies just sitting in their armchairs in front of the TV-set. Cinema is also a great entertainment. It's impossible to imagine a family the members of which don't watch the TV. Television is a kind of reflection of our world, its Past, Present and Future. Dinosaurs of the Jurassic period, knights' tournaments of the Middle Ages, all planets of our Solar system, even space flights and time machines of the Future. We can see all these things just by tuning in dozens of channels. One thing that makes me sad is that cinema has become a kind of addiction in the modern world.

In Vino Veritas...

LuckDate: Tuesday, 13.10.2009, 20:45 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
Well…I don’t think that cinema is a drug of the XX century. Perhaps, Alex can think that I’m wrong, but that means just that HE is addicted to TV=)) As for me, certainly I like going to the cinema, but I regard this just like a way of spending my FREE time. But still I do agree with him that cinema has changed our life and I like his idea that “television is a kind of reflection of our world, its Past, Present and Future”. That is an accurate observation=))

AsyaDate: Tuesday, 13.10.2009, 21:00 | Message # 3
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (Seagull)
We can see all these things just by tuning in dozens of channels.

I can't agree with you. My counterargument is books. When reading we get into parallel realities, predict future and study our past. And movies are often based on books.
Quote (Luck)
Well…I don’t think that cinema is a drug of the XX century.

I can't but agree with Luck. TV doesn't influence me greatly. I just don't watch it. And my mother doesn't watch it either. But still we know what is happening in the world. smile
I suppose, the Internet is the drug of the XXI-st century. wink

Message edited by Assa - Monday, 19.10.2009, 10:03

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 14.10.2009, 09:34 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Awards: 2
I thought we're gonna speak about Cinema, not about TV. Talking of cinema amd culture, i can say that cinema is an art form of our time. In the 16-17th centuries people went to picture galleries to enjoy the art of artists. In the 17-18th centuries people went to music halls to listen to classical musicaians. In the 18-19th centuries people read classics. For the last hundred years people have been enjoying the pleasures of cinema. So, now cinema is an integral part of our culture, and it seems to be a stage of social addiction to art.

MissJaneDate: Wednesday, 14.10.2009, 10:08 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Awards: 3
With the development of cinematography people and their lifestyles were altered radically. It is obvious that every form of entertainment takes its place at a certain period of time. It is not a sensation that people's behaviour have been greatly influenced by movies. To my mind, cinema can be compared with a huge mirror which is available to everyone nowadays. We are being taught certain principles, morals, types of relationships from the screens. Movies have become an essential part of our life, and some of them have more impact on people (especially youngsters) than their parents, friends and teachers have.
Quote (8davids8)
I thought we're gonna speak about Cinema, not about TV.

I totally agree with you, Max. TV is another cup of tea. And conclusions drawn about television are different as well. Nowadays we can see that TV is gradually ousted by the Internet. But I reckon that cinema will never share the same fate.

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 14.10.2009, 11:32 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Quote (MissJane)
cinema can be compared with a huge mirror

You're right, more than that ART is a reflection of our life. Watch Tarkovsky's "Mirror". It's just about this vision of life.

TeacherDate: Monday, 19.10.2009, 08:32 | Message # 7
Head teacher
Quote (Assa)
I can't agree with you. My counterargument is books. When reading we get into parallel realities, predict future and study our past. And movies are often based on books.

Well, we do not speak about the juxtaposition between books and films.

Quote (Assa)
I suppose, the Internet is the drug of the XXI-st century.

You're right, but I meant the XX-th century.

Quote (8davids8)
I thought we're gonna speak about Cinema, not about TV.

I've just spoken about TV as one the main ways of watching movies. Cinema is, of course, a form of art, but it consists of different types of movies. "The Wildlife" by BBC is also a kind of movie, but a scientific one.

In Vino Veritas...

AsyaDate: Monday, 19.10.2009, 10:08 | Message # 8
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (Seagull)
We can see all these things just by tuning in dozens of channels

I just wanted to prove you that not ONLY tuning in some channels.
And why are you speaking about the XX century?! We're speaking about the present, discussing current situations and problems!!!!!!!

RinaDate: Monday, 19.10.2009, 11:31 | Message # 9
Awards: 4
Quote (Seagull)
You're right, but I meant the XX-th century.

Quote (Assa)
And why are you speaking about the XX century?! We're speaking about the present, discussing current situations and problems!!!!!!!

Actually, we are speaking about cinema in this "topic", am I right? And, as Assa has said, about THE PRESENT, about the influence of cimena on US, on the people of TODAY's reality.
For me cinema isn't just an art form that reflects our reality. It is another reality itself. It's the whole world with its heroes and legends, its laws and bans. Comparing cinema with other forms of culture and entertainment, I can't say that it's much more vivid, but a little bit closer to our life, it's like a simulation of it. While looking at the picture/sculpture, while listening to music we understand that we "are touching ART"; while watching a movie we feel that we "are touching LIFE". Of course, I'm speaking about GOOD movies, outstanding ones, not about the trash that's usually shown on TV. Because, as Max has said, we are speaking about CINEMA, not TV.

Message edited by Rina - Monday, 19.10.2009, 22:39

TonusDate: Sunday, 07.03.2010, 17:51 | Message # 10
Student
Group: Users
I agree with this position. But in my opinion in the 21 century film production became bad. In the last russian films only 2 films were made well: "We are from future" and "We are from future 2".
Attachments: 7879654.jpg (376.0 Kb)

MissJaneDate: Monday, 08.03.2010, 13:04 | Message # 11
Union organizer
Quote (Tonus)
only 2 films were made well: "We are from future" and "We are from future 2".

Yes, these ones are standing out of the whole array of third-rate movies produced by Russian cinematography for the last decade. Unfortunately, I haven't seen the second part of the film yet, but I hope it isn't trailing the first movie. Of course, the very problem of Russian film production is a separate question...

8davids8Date: Monday, 08.03.2010, 15:36 | Message # 12
Union organizer
strange guys...))
"We are form the future" is a cheap aimless commercial film made just to launder the state's money just as thousands of other pictures. The second part is even more pathetic than the first one... So ist das Leben))

MissJaneDate: Monday, 05.04.2010, 23:42 | Message # 13
Union organizer
Quote (8davids8)
So ist das Leben))

Well, the second part turned out to be a rubbish, that's true, but I wouldn't call the first film 'aimless'. At least, as you said, if the movie was shot just to waste the state money, it had definitely a certain clear aim.

orchid29Date: Saturday, 29.05.2010, 10:50 | Message # 14
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 1
dear friends! I don't know where to write this information - but I really advise you to go to the cinema and watch Shreck Forever 3D!!! That's a miracle!!! Really a very nice cartoon! Take a lot of pop corn and cola, spoil your stomachs BUT - have really a good time!!! I'm sure you won't regret! smile

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 29.05.2010, 11:09 | Message # 15
Dean
Thanks Orchid29, I will go as soon as I can. My son has seen, said it is amazing.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Cinema and Movies » Cinema has changed our life (About cinema and our life...)
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024