THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 18.05.2024, 15:34
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Music))) Yeahhh!!!!))) (bout music))
Music))) Yeahhh!!!!)))
NikkyDate: Saturday, 27.11.2010, 21:13 | Message # 31
Course monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Very beautiful phrases, Nekavaen
Quote (Nekavaen)
I can’t imagine the existence of our civilization without it.

I think we can say these words about art in general. But not everyone can understand a pictorial art or architecture. But there is no one who doesn't like music! happy

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 28.11.2010, 18:13 | Message # 32
Dean
Awards: 3
I can't agree. Music presupposes sharing deep emotions, revelation, I can even say heart-searching. There are a lot of people who are remote from such things. Moreover, they try to avoid them.

WardrunaDate: Sunday, 28.11.2010, 21:19 | Message # 33
Student
Quote (lovefootball))
I can't agree. Music presupposes sharing deep emotions, revelation, I can even say heart-searching. There are a lot of people who are remote from such things. Moreover, they try to avoid them.

That's it! Not everyone is ready to stir up their emotions while listening to music.

NekavaenDate: Monday, 29.11.2010, 00:29 | Message # 34
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Yes, there are people who never listen to music. In such a case they are likely to enjoy art in some other way. But if a person is not interested in his or her self-development through art at all and doesn't even read books recommended for schoolchildren and never watches any movies, it's not awful, of course, but at least strange...

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

WardrunaDate: Monday, 29.11.2010, 02:01 | Message # 35
Student
Quote (Nekavaen)
But if a person is not interested in his or her self-development through art at all and doesn't even read books recommended for schoolchildren and never watches any movies, it's not awful, of course, but at least strange...

That's really so. Actually, people usually need something special to acquire knowledge and raise their spirits. Besides, different kinds of art provide inspiration. It can help a talented person to create his own works. So, in such case listening music can be very useful.

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 29.11.2010, 20:54 | Message # 36
Dean
H'm, and maybe I'm mistaken and such people don't exist? And there are only those who are constantly trying to hide their preferences? I mean people can feel shy or ashamed. Who knows, maybe they are afraid of mockery and misuderstanding or even rejection. That's rather complicated and even sometimes painful. I think it's a question of self-determination and freedom from public pressure.

NikkyDate: Monday, 29.11.2010, 21:53 | Message # 37
Course monitor
Quote (lovefootball))
H'm, and maybe I'm mistaken and such people don't exist? And there are only those who are constantly trying to hide their preferences? I mean people can feel shy or ashamed. Who knows, maybe they are afraid of mockery and misuderstanding or even rejection. That's rather complicated and even sometimes painful. I think it's a question of self-determination and freedom from public pressure.

I agree with you.
I haven't met anyone who don't like listen music. I've only met people who were trying to hide their preferences, but... Does anybody know such people?

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 30.11.2010, 10:18 | Message # 38
Dean
It's hard to say...especially if they HIDE their interests)))) But there are definitely a lot of people who show off their preferences, sometimes rather clumsily and aggressively. That's the other side of the question and I don't know what is worse. It's obvious that "window dressing" is not normal at all. I think people just don't know how to express themselves. Maybe, they need time and experience to gain confidence.

WardrunaDate: Tuesday, 30.11.2010, 17:53 | Message # 39
Student
First of all, it's important not to go to extremes. Both hiding personal preferences and showing them off aggressively seem to be negative. So,steering a middle course can be the most acceptable decision.

Message edited by Wardruna - Tuesday, 30.11.2010, 17:55

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 30.11.2010, 23:44 | Message # 40
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Brilliant words! Yes, it's a pity that some people try to hide their tastes and some, on the contrary, are constantly talking about one certain group or music style and say that everything else is not worthy of being called "music".
I've met a lot of people who belong to the second group and I feel pity for them, really... We are all different. To insult a person just because he or she is not lstening to the same music is not only impolite but also stupid and meaningless.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

WardrunaDate: Wednesday, 01.12.2010, 01:13 | Message # 41
Student
Quote (Nekavaen)
To insult a person just because he or she is not lstening to the same music is not only impolite but also stupid and meaningless.

I can't help thinking the same. Unfortunately, it's not always easy to escape it. Any society still have some people who are intolerant to somebody else's preferences in art, especially in music. It's really sad. Are there any ways to change this situation?

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 01.12.2010, 20:59 | Message # 42
Dean
I don't think so. It's not the problem of music but of our selfishness and hypocrisy.As we know it's impossible to change one's personality, we should try to change our attitude to such kinds of pressure. If one wants to have self-esteem, he should be able to fight for his own hand and be persistant.

WardrunaDate: Wednesday, 01.12.2010, 22:11 | Message # 43
Student
Quote (lovefootball))
It's not the problem of music but of our selfishness and hypocrisy.
I agree. This is the problem in whole. But in this very topic it concerns music.

NikkyDate: Monday, 06.12.2010, 22:24 | Message # 44
Course monitor
Quote (lovefootball))
As we know it's impossible to change one's personality, we should try to change our attitude to such kinds of pressure. If one wants to have self-esteem, he should be able to fight for his own hand and be persistant.

Yes. It's usual situation, when someone tries to put you down, just because of your preferences. It's very important to be calm and to let this person to think as he\she wants. I mean, you should explain your point of view without anger.
“Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering."

WardrunaDate: Tuesday, 07.12.2010, 00:40 | Message # 45
Student
Of course, in such case anger is unnecessary and harmful. It's better to take a person as he is without exerting pressure on him even if your point of view differs from his own.

Message edited by Wardruna - Tuesday, 07.12.2010, 20:12

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Music))) Yeahhh!!!!))) (bout music))
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024