THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 18.05.2024, 14:30
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Why many teenagers don't like old school music? (pros and cons heavy metal)
Why many teenagers don't like old school music?
NadyaDate: Thursday, 04.11.2010, 10:43 | Message # 16
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
This is music of 70s, 80s, 90s. I also adore 80s songs. By the way Cherry, are you serious? Don't you listen to this music? Don't you know Abba, the Offspring, Elvis Presley etc. ?

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 06.11.2010, 20:20 | Message # 17
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
I think everybody heard their songs at least once in a lifetime. But not all of us know that this music is called "old school".

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

CherryDate: Sunday, 07.11.2010, 20:28 | Message # 18
Monitor
no, i don`t mean that i don`t listen to this music. of course i listen to it. i mean that i am not a professional in this area(music in general). but i really don`t know that this music music has a term "old school music".

NadyaDate: Monday, 08.11.2010, 15:36 | Message # 19
Union committee president
Group: Moders
So you know that now smile

CherryDate: Monday, 08.11.2010, 19:57 | Message # 20
Monitor
thank you, guys!!!!!!!!!! up

MissJaneDate: Monday, 08.11.2010, 22:49 | Message # 21
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
Just adore Morrissey, Pink Floyd and Scorpions! I really don't know what would have happened to the whole music history (and in fact, the whole generation), if they hadn't appeared... they are the basement for edifice of rock music.

NekavaenDate: Monday, 08.11.2010, 23:54 | Message # 22
Head teacher
Indeed! And it's not surprising that their songs have been popular and timely for decades!

Message edited by Nekavaen - Monday, 08.11.2010, 23:54

Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 09.11.2010, 11:19 | Message # 23
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Does anybody know the old guys like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Marrillion, Kingdom Come, Nazareth, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Uriah Heep, ELP (Emerson, Lake and Palmer)? I know they play different styles, but are they popular now with people of your age?
Well, click on the link to enjoy a little bit of ELP

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 09.11.2010, 17:12 | Message # 24
Dean
I don't think they're popular with general public but there are those who can appreciate them. Their style is far different from modern music, it's more... I can't choose the proper word...intimate. That's why I like such groups. Their music makes me think and warms my heart.

WardrunaDate: Tuesday, 09.11.2010, 22:11 | Message # 25
Student
Quote (Teacher)
Does anybody know the old guys like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Marrillion, Kingdom Come, Nazareth, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Uriah Heep, ELP

Of course, I know these old guys! Moreover, I like the music they play smile

Quote (lovefootball))
Their music makes me think and warms my heart.

That's it! The music of these bands is marvelous. It can be a revelation that makes you feel deeper and pulls at your heartstrings. Besides, this music exerts influence on new bands.

still_illDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 00:17 | Message # 26
Student
Quote (Teacher)
Does anybody know the old guys like Deep Purple, Led Zeppelin, Marrillion, Kingdom Come, Nazareth, Alice Cooper, Kiss, Uriah Heep, ELP? I know they play different styles, but are they popular now with people of your age?

They are legends!It's a pity majority of young people are not aware of them.

MissJane, are you serious about Morrissey?

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

NekavaenDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 00:21 | Message # 27
Head teacher
Lovefootball is true. Old school music is not extremely popular nowadays but it's not forgotten. There are still a lot of connoisseurs and crazy fans of catchy songs of Kiss, Alice Cooper, Deep Purple, etc. I personally know a number of such people in Ryazan. One of them is my Mom! I learnt what metal and hard rock are from her when I was a little child.

You know, it seems to me that old school music is of great value not only because it's cool, breathtaking, well-composed and reflects a full range of human emotions. It also unites people of different generations. I think it's interesting for a 19-year-old guy to listen to the music his father used to like when he was young.

MissJaneDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 14:15 | Message # 28
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Quote (still_ill)
MissJane, are you serious about Morrissey?

I am. And what's wrong with Morrissey, I wonder?

still_illDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 15:53 | Message # 29
Student
Nothing at all.I love him.What a great lyricist Morrissey is!And his voice is charming,maybe it's just me,but it seems like it goes from the bottom of his mm soul.
I asked because,you know,I don't meet people who say "I adore Morrissey" everyday )

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 21:45 | Message # 30
Dean
Nekavaen, agree, curiosity may result in something more, even in genuine interest. Such music bands people together and it's difficult to overestimate that. I can even say that we won't lose сontact with the previous generation as long as there're connoisseurs of this admirable music!

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Why many teenagers don't like old school music? (pros and cons heavy metal)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024