THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 18.05.2024, 16:10
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Why many teenagers don't like old school music? (pros and cons heavy metal)
Why many teenagers don't like old school music?
MetalDrDate: Tuesday, 26.10.2010, 19:50 | Message # 1
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
Guys, who loves this music?
Now do the majority of people listen to hip-hop or to pop music. I understand all of their tastes. And of course, the small child will not listen to rock. Child certainly should have to listen to something easier and more melodic. Personally, I grew up on the Muslim Magomayev's songs. I do not remember when I started listening to rock wacko but I can't imagine my life without it.
Don't think that heavy metal is a dirt. This music is also very nice. Just only listen to the guitar solos. They demand high qualifikation from the musicion.

WardrunaDate: Tuesday, 26.10.2010, 20:26 | Message # 2
Student
Awards: 3
I don't think that heavy metal is something dirty and antisocial. Quite the contrary, I listen to such music and like it. But the majority of people think that heavy metal is destructive for our mind and health because of its loudness and specific lyrics.

Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 26.10.2010, 20:50 | Message # 3
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
I spent a lot of years listening to heavy metal. Heavy but so fascinating and heart-moving.

WardrunaDate: Tuesday, 26.10.2010, 20:55 | Message # 4
Student
Awards: 3
Yes, this music can be very fascinating and pleasant. But it depends.

Message edited by Wardruna - Tuesday, 26.10.2010, 20:55

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 26.10.2010, 23:57 | Message # 5
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Metal DR, I can't imagine my life without metal either! I don't understand people who say that listening to heavy music makes teenagers agressive and obtuse. Yes, I often become crazy and hyperactive after listening to it but I'm absolutely save for the society! yes

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 27.10.2010, 09:07 | Message # 6
Dean
Repsect to you all... cool Heavy metal is the music of thought and powerful emotions. It's the metal-like intonation that makes up a solid impression. It is so natural of people to think like this, in a 'heavy' and 'weighty' manner...just to make things clearer to the world.
Yes, it is a style...a style to talking with people about things far from being simple. Like in Metalica's famous song:
New blood joins this earth
And quickly he's subdued
Through constant pain disgrace
The young boy learns their rules...

The first metaphors are neough to understand that these thoughts are home only with heavy metal, hard rock or heavy rap...

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 27.10.2010, 16:23 | Message # 7
Union committee president
Group: Moders
To tell the truth I really like some songs of Metalica, AC/DC and some other groups))) I think it was the best time of rock music.
Quote (MetalDr)
Don't think that heavy metal is a dirt. This music is also very nice.

I completely agree with you.

still_illDate: Wednesday, 27.10.2010, 18:47 | Message # 8
Student
Excuse me,maybe i don't understand something, but when you say "old school music" do you mean only metal?
Because I love a lot of old stuff...Elvis Presley,the smiths and Morrissey himself,some punk and post-punk bands etc.
and I find metal also rather interesting,lyrics are great anyway.

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

MetalDrDate: Thursday, 28.10.2010, 08:57 | Message # 9
Monitor
still_ill, you're right. ok Of course, I don't mean only heavy metal. But in this topic I would like to discuss it at first)) punk and other styles are worth mentioning too. I also like groups like the Offspring) Nowdays this group is very popular)) Do you remember the famous song You're Gonna Go Far, Kid? You may hear it in the advertisement of pepsi biggrin

Thank you all who agree with me that heavy metal is fascinating)))

NadyaDate: Thursday, 28.10.2010, 19:18 | Message # 10
Union committee president
Group: Moders
The Offspring is a really good group)) I like their songs. This group is rather "old", but I think they've become more popular after the advertisement.

still_illDate: Thursday, 28.10.2010, 20:07 | Message # 11
Student
Oh,who doesn't know the Offspring?)Remember their hit of the 90s "Pretty Fly (For a White Guy)"?

"To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment."

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 02.11.2010, 23:12 | Message # 12
Head teacher
I agree that heavy metal is not the only kind of music "old school" is based upon. I like such groups as "Queen", "Scorpions", "Pink Floyd". They are rather old and legendary enough but not very heavy (in comparison to "Manowar" and "Black Sabbath", for example) holiday

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 03.11.2010, 08:51 | Message # 13
Union organizer
You know I adore 80's songs, those disco ones, like Army of Lovers, Abba, Ardis and everything of the kind. I don't know, I just find them superb, really lively.

NekavaenDate: Wednesday, 03.11.2010, 22:31 | Message # 14
Head teacher
Yes, the music you are talking about is incredibly cool too. It's full of energy and makes people forget about all troubles, smile, dance and have the time of their lives!

CherryDate: Thursday, 04.11.2010, 09:57 | Message # 15
Monitor
shy i can`t understand.... what do you mean, when you say " old school music"? probably i am not very much aware of this area. explain me, please)

Message edited by Cherry - Thursday, 04.11.2010, 09:57

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Music » Why many teenagers don't like old school music? (pros and cons heavy metal)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024