THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 02.05.2024, 14:32
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Life in Ryazan » Life in Ryazan (Dirty city)
Life in Ryazan
TeacherDate: Wednesday, 20.10.2010, 18:54 | Message # 16
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
The problem is that many people are ready to save the planet (speaking globally). These people do their best to earn enough money to do this. But time passes, and all these people realize that their efforts are useless, because others doesn't care about the problem. More than that when you earn much money you realize that it's better to spend it on their own lives than on saving a planet.

In Vino Veritas...

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 20.10.2010, 19:14 | Message # 17
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Yes, most people think that it's better to spend money on our lives than on ,for example, saving the planet. And it's not very bad- I think you'll do the same thing and you won't try to save the planet because we have only One life. And most people want a well-spent life, quiet life, without "planet problem"solving. Maybe I'm wrong.

Message edited by Nadya - Wednesday, 20.10.2010, 19:18

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 20.10.2010, 21:41 | Message # 18
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
I think, you're right and it's rather natural. But "saving the planet" sounds too pompous. Maybe it will be more useful if you just try to make someone smile, for example.

Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 21.10.2010, 11:00 | Message # 19
Dean
Awards: 2
It's not about money. There is a lot of money in the country. No, an enormous unlimited bag of money! Thanks to the oil, gas and no investments into the development of the country. But the country is suffocating from litter, discomfort, bad roads, hospitals, high taxes, low pays....

TeacherDate: Thursday, 21.10.2010, 11:13 | Message # 20
Head teacher
Teacher, the problem is the same. Government doesn't want to spend money on changing the ecological situation.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 21.10.2010, 21:02 | Message # 21
Dean
So, is it dead-end? I guess the problem is the same with salaries, pensions, prices....the list may be endless. I think the main thing for us is just to act according to conscience and be accurate.

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 23.10.2010, 10:02 | Message # 22
Dean
Awards: 2
You've uttered my words, lovefootball). I think the most important principle is learning to stay positive and balanced, seeking moral and social support in other sources. For example, I have created my own credo and follow it in life. The main principle of the credo is to stay positive, protective, caring, kind, hardwrking, environmentally-friendly, seeking, inquisitive, considerate, reliable... biggrin

Cherry_boomDate: Thursday, 20.01.2011, 23:42 | Message # 23
Student
The problem is not that Ryazan is a dirty city but it's a dull and depressing place. That's why there are no enthusiasts who can turn the city into a booming area.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 21.01.2011, 18:20 | Message # 24
Dean
H'm, I can't agree with you. Depressing, why? I guess it depends only on one's perception. Maybe, it's just self-persuasion or you had some unpleasant experinece that caused this prepossession?

LuckDate: Monday, 06.06.2011, 23:43 | Message # 25
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
In order to make the city brighter and more alive people should do something but not just say that Ryazan is a dull city and there are no enthusiasts here. Act and you will get a drop-dead city))

MissJaneDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 00:05 | Message # 26
Union organizer
I like it when people say "act!" Could you give a few strategies of immediate action?
With what should I be dissatisfied in the city? Here is lots of rubbish, so what? I do not throw anything on the ground. There are few places of interest, so what? Should I build a new Kremlin or organize a new gallery? Who goes there? Certainly not those people who think Ryazan is a dull place. It is better to change your attitude towards the world around you and not complain all the time.

LuckDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 10:18 | Message # 27
Union organizer
haha, well Jane I am quite satisfied with what we have in Ryazan)) That was just a piece of advice to Cherry_boom) Because you are right, people should stop complaining. If somebody is not satisfied with something, then ok- change it, make something new, nobody will disturb or say a word against it, or stop you! It is easy to say "oooh, it is so boring!" or "oooh, it is so dirty!" well, nobody prevents you from improving the situation))

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 19:34 | Message # 28
Dean
By the way, I'm sure that those who are complaining all the time about boredom in our "lonely spot" aren't so particular in practice...))) It's just a category of people, not more. I imagine a collective image: a young spoilt person, used to clubs and other entertainments who visits such places not to have fun and spend a good time with friends but to show one's worth and evaluate others with a critical look). He/she is a representative of gilded youth or what is really a problem dreams of being treated as they are and is willing to do almost everything to be accepted by a certain group. Unfortunately, this guy (or girl) will have to face the truth one day.

LuckDate: Thursday, 09.06.2011, 22:15 | Message # 29
Union organizer
Well maybe Cherry_Boom did not mean anything bad and we just treated things in a very negative way. So, no offence)) We are just trying to say that it's better not to accuse people or places of being dull and boring and so on but maybe to see some positive sides as well:))

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 10.06.2011, 15:02 | Message # 30
Dean
Sure, I was speaking without any reference.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Life in Ryazan » Life in Ryazan (Dirty city)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024