THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 02.05.2024, 09:29
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Life in Ryazan » Life in Ryazan (Dirty city)
Life in Ryazan
MegastarostaDate: Wednesday, 06.01.2010, 19:42 | Message # 1
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
I want to speak about streets in our city. To my mind they are very dirty. People that live in Ryazan could be more punctual. I know that there are about 50 people that clean our city everyday. But they do it only in the morning. For example in Europe, janitors work from morning till night. And citizens there dont have such a problem as we have. So, what do we need to do in order to safe our city clean?

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 06.01.2010, 22:19 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
I suppose, we need to change our mentality. biggrin biggrin biggrin
I'm convinced that nothing will change until everybody (at least the majority of us) understands that we should and even must keep our city clean.

AyayuliaDate: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 16:13 | Message # 3
Union organizer
I can't say that our city is really dirty in comparison with other small cities around Moskow. But even in big cities all over the word you easily find dirt and rubbish. You just need to visit outskirts (e.g. Germany, Austria, Switzerland). And in France the square near La Tour Eiffel is dirtier than our railway station.

8davids8Date: Thursday, 07.01.2010, 19:07 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Group: Admins
Quote (Ayayulia)
And in France the square near La Tour Eiffel

i remember my uncle who's been in Paris and who told me that he saw a homeless doing his bussiness in the lane near the ET!!
don't know if that's true))

TeacherDate: Saturday, 16.01.2010, 03:11 | Message # 5
Head teacher
Awards: 0
Quote (Megastarosta)
So, what do we need to do in order to safe our city clean?

We need to be sensible and ready to make our city clean. We should make our relatives and friends think about it. And, after all, we must teach our children to respect their native city and make it clean. So, if we do so, may be in some dozens of years our city will become cleaner than it is now.

In Vino Veritas...

MissJaneDate: Saturday, 30.01.2010, 12:35 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Awards: 3
Quote (Asya)
I suppose, we need to change our mentality.

That's the point. The place is clean not when you sweep it, the place is clean when you don't litter. This rule should be born in mind of every citizen. Only then we'll be pleased with our streets.

AsyaDate: Sunday, 31.01.2010, 21:26 | Message # 7
Awards: 6
MissJane, I completely agree with you. But my imagination doesn't cope with one thing: HOW can we do it? What should be done to change the situation?

Message edited by Asya - Sunday, 31.01.2010, 21:26

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 18.09.2010, 09:09 | Message # 8
Dean
I am angry. My life in Ryazan is discoloured by many things, the positive environment that I have built can be easily destroyed! I am now talking about our city as a huge, enormous, gigantic DUMP, SCRAPYARD, LITTER-BOX. I am going wild at being forced to walk and live in the Valley of Litter. Can anything be done?

NadyaDate: Saturday, 09.10.2010, 17:03 | Message # 9
If people didn't litter Ryazan, it wouldn't be a huge dump. They are to blame. It would be more pleasant to live in Ryazan if there were not too much rubbish in the city. When I see rubbish under my feet, I feel that people don't respect me. I feel really humiliated sad If there wasn't so much traffic, the air would be cleaner. I think our city government are responsible for it. If the air was cleaner, people would be healthier. We should think about it and never forget that the quality of life depends on us.

TeacherDate: Saturday, 09.10.2010, 18:46 | Message # 10
Head teacher
But rubbish still exists everywhere. We can't change all people, but we can influence those who are around us, our friends, relatives, may be students.

In Vino Veritas...

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 16.10.2010, 09:36 | Message # 11
Dean
Yes, this is good and necessary, but it is disasterously slow and inefficient. Things can be changed if peole take political action. People are more and more provoked to do this. We are all being put to a life-test.

NadyaDate: Sunday, 17.10.2010, 21:46 | Message # 12
The situation becomes worse. Our city government make different political actions but not all of them are effective. And it's bad. So are there any ways to solve the problem?

TeacherDate: Monday, 18.10.2010, 11:11 | Message # 13
Head teacher
Nadya, earn much money. Very much. Enormously much money. Than spend it changing the situation. This is the only way.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 18.10.2010, 20:26 | Message # 14
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
...and everything will repeat itself after a while)

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 20.10.2010, 18:20 | Message # 15
Seagull, I'll think about it biggrin and lovefootball), what do you suggest doing? smile

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Life in Ryazan » Life in Ryazan (Dirty city)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024