THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 02:44
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Economy » Economic growth in Ryazan a reality (Talks about economic success stories in Ryazan)
Economic growth in Ryazan a reality
Former-TeacherDate: Tuesday, 22.12.2009, 11:11 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Hi there! I wonder whether any of your relatives, friends or aquaintances believe that the economic life in our city is improving and drawing in more of talented and economy-wise people. With the new governer in our region, is the economic situation better? Is it easier to start up and do business in the city and the region?

MissJaneDate: Saturday, 30.01.2010, 12:26 | Message # 2
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
I'm not sure that the economic situation is getting any better, but at least it isn't declining. Notwithstanding the crisis, many entrepreneurs successfully run their business (for instance, have look at the number of places of entertainment in our city: clubs, restaurants, and others; and almost every month we hear about a new one opening here or there). But it is still unimaginably difficult for young people to find a job. And I think the collapsing policy towards the employment assistance of the young is the most prominent feature the present economic situation.

AyayuliaDate: Monday, 15.02.2010, 14:42 | Message # 3
Union organizer
I don’t want to talk over our new governor, it is not my business. And I don’t think that everything in our town depends on him. I agree that the amount of places of entertainment is great and continues growing. That means that people can afford themselves to spend money on unnecessaries. May be our living standards are not so bad?

TeacherDate: Monday, 15.02.2010, 22:01 | Message # 4
Head teacher
Awards: 0
Quote (Ayayulia)
I agree that the amount of places of entertainment is great and continues growing. That means that people can afford themselves to spend money on unnecessaries. May be our living standards are not so bad?

It means that there're a group of people who can afford themselves everything, and there is the most part of the society whose level of life is middle and lower.

In Vino Veritas...

AyayuliaDate: Wednesday, 17.02.2010, 22:25 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Do you really think that when every Friday or Saturday if you want to have a cup of coffee somewhere inside and you can't find the place, because everything is occupied our level of life is bad?

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 17.02.2010, 22:47 | Message # 6
Union organizer
In comparison with Western Europe - I guess so; as far as Soviet Union the life became better.
So, everything is cognized in comparison. Still we're not at the level we actually claim to be.

TeacherDate: Thursday, 18.02.2010, 20:38 | Message # 7
Head teacher
Ayayulia, Coffeebean is not the only place of entertainment. smile

In Vino Veritas...

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 28.02.2010, 23:24 | Message # 8
Union organizer
I didn't say everything about Coffeebean. Read more attentively)

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 09.10.2010, 10:50 | Message # 9
Dean
My wife told me yesterday that teachers' salaries in schools are going down by 10-20 per cent. This has all been initiated and executed by the government. This is a sign of the worst economic situation in the country and our region.

TeacherDate: Saturday, 09.10.2010, 18:53 | Message # 10
Head teacher
It's so terrble and funny at the same time. Teachers and doctors are those whom we depend on very much. Teachers give us knowledge about life and share their life experience, without them it is more difficult to become prepared for living in our society. And doctors protect our health. And people of these two professions have too low salaries.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 10.10.2010, 18:09 | Message # 11
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
Nekavaen, do you think there are any other reasons for such attitude to the profession of a teacher?

NekavaenDate: Monday, 11.10.2010, 00:52 | Message # 12
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
I don’t know what else to add… Maybe, just one thing – the attitude to education itself has changed greatly in our society. And the main reason of it is - obvious corruptness of our school system. Of course, not all teachers and headmasters can be accused of it but I know certain educational establishments in our city where it’s quite normal to pay if you want you child to pass entrance exams. Then a lot of parents are offered to pay or buy very expensive presents for helping to write tests correctly, etc. (I’m not against presenting teachers with flowers, sweets, books or something of that kind but jewellery and electronic equipment are not suitable, I think). There are even young people whose gold or silver medals are not gained by hard work, but BOUGHT.
I believe that MOST of the teachers in our country are impartial and noble and put marks according to intellectual abilities and efforts of their students. But rumors about corrupted ones spread quickly. And again images created by mass media penetrate deeply into our minds. Has anyone seen the program called “Nasha Russia” on TNT? Do you remember a greedy teacher who thinks only about how to get money from little children and constantly invents silly but working methods to do it? This program has an enormous amount of fans and after watching it most Russian people think that all real teachers are the same. It’s a pity…

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 11.10.2010, 09:09 | Message # 13
Dean
I subscribe to every word said by Nekavaen! Really, every word! I have been in this profession for 25 years now and couldn't say better.
I don't leave because I have created my world that can be of use to some of my students who will probobly be able to find more balance and harmony between harsh reality and personal strivings. The worst thing mentioned by Nekavaen is that it is all politically planned and NLPed to huge masses of people. The same is being done to the Health Care system. This is a country of slaves sad upgraded and maintained by the enthroned politicians. This issue itself makes me angry and want to leave the country.

RinaDate: Tuesday, 19.10.2010, 22:11 | Message # 14
Union committee president
Awards: 4
I can name one more reason for students' unwillingness to become teachers. As my dear school teacher told me once, “Years ago it was real pleasure to teach. The only idea that you can teach children something new, their desire to learn and their gratitude could smooth over all defects, such as low salary and “back-breaking labour”. But nowadays children HATE school, they disrespect teachers and don't want to study. The process of teaching has turned out to be mutual torture – both children and teachers suffer”. Children – because they are made to learn, they are made to do their homework. Teachers – because they have to deal with pupils who resist any teacher's attempt to teach them.
So, who wants to go to school, try to eke when you can't even be satisfied with your work?

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 23.10.2010, 09:51 | Message # 15
Dean
When I read your utterance, I feel afraid for all of you. Will you be able to fit itno this life within severe social, political, economic, cultural restrictions imposed and reinforced by the government sad

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Economy » Economic growth in Ryazan a reality (Talks about economic success stories in Ryazan)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024