THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 16.04.2024, 17:33
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » We and our emotions (Discussing the kinds of emotions we express most of all)
We and our emotions
What kinds of emotions do you express most of all (in general)? (give your comments)
1.Positive emotions[ 14 ][77.78%]
2.Indifferent emotions[ 3 ][16.67%]
3.Negative emotions[ 1 ][5.56%]
4.I don't express any kinds of emotions![ 0 ][0.00%]
Answers total: 18
CherryDate: Thursday, 04.11.2010, 09:49 | Message # 16
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
supression is very bad and i think it is very difficult to supress emotions. as for me i can never do it. moreover every person needs to direct his/her emotions outward.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 04.11.2010, 14:53 | Message # 17
Dean
Awards: 3
It's much more difficult to control them, that's why a lot of us supress them intentionally. I think you also do it sometimes but just don't realize it.(Maybe, I'm wrong) By the way, how do you think people should react on others' outbursts of emotions?

CherryDate: Thursday, 04.11.2010, 17:51 | Message # 18
Monitor
it depends on every person. we can`t say you should do it or not. i think we should treat others' outbursts of emotions with a good deal of understanding.

NadyaDate: Friday, 05.11.2010, 11:27 | Message # 19
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Every person reacts guite differently. I think it's not right to react just negatively or positively. Of course it depends. And I agree with Cherry that we should treat others with a good deal of understanding. Anyway, we mustn't condemn smb's emotions all the time because we can find outselves in the same situation

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 05.11.2010, 18:10 | Message # 20
Dean
But should we leave the person alone until we're asked for help or take the initiative and try to calm him? Do you support the idea "don't do good..."? Initiative is punishable after all.

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 08.11.2010, 15:55 | Message # 21
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
I am saying YES. We should try to 'interfere', it's better. At least try because oftentimes the problem is that those who want to interfere are actually indifferent and are never ready to take up the emotional load. It's not easy. Beyond mere curiousity, there is a lot of mere responsibility. Are we ready to help?

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 08.11.2010, 19:29 | Message # 22
Dean
You're right, to help means to share. It's not just tired phrases or drying one's tears. But we can definitely do one thing that is the first step towards help. We can just listen.

NikkyDate: Sunday, 05.12.2010, 21:36 | Message # 23
Course monitor
Quote (lovefootball))
We can just listen.

Yes, it's really very important. Sometimes it is enough. When a person tells you everything that has accumulated in his/her soul, he/she feels better

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 06.12.2010, 10:23 | Message # 24
Dean
Agree, and what is more important, we don't take the responsibility for others' possible reckless steps in this case. I mean a person won't be able to say, " That was your advice!" if something unexpected happens.

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 07.12.2010, 20:33 | Message # 25
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Yes, but sometimes it happens..I mean the phrase "that was your advice". Maybe we just mustn't advise anything in very difficult and important situations..

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 08.12.2010, 21:05 | Message # 26
Dean
It all depends on a person...but I'm disposed to think that we shouldn't intrude our opinion upon our friends. It just won't do any good. And maybe the point is that true friends should suggest but not advise. I know that at first sight the difference may seem insignificant but when one gets down to it, everything becomes clear.

SileneeeDate: Saturday, 08.01.2011, 21:16 | Message # 27
Monitor
It may be bad for a person to always hide his negative emotions and sometimes it is neccesary to get rid of them, otherwise you may become mad. The question is who suffers when we have a bad mood biggrin .We all are people and there is no such a person who always has positive emotions.

NikkyDate: Friday, 14.01.2011, 18:21 | Message # 28
Course monitor
Quote (Sileneee)
it is necessary to get rid of them, otherwise you may become mad.

Yes! Once I was too tired, I had some problems, so i had a bad mood. I was too mad, so I argued with my best friends. I regret it even now sad :(
I think that only a person who has a bad mood suffers. I can say it from my experience.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 14.01.2011, 19:39 | Message # 29
Dean
I agree with the point concerning suffering. I can draw a parallel with revenge here: we think that we "do yourselves a favour" while getting rid of negative emotions and secret feelings but in fact we sink into malice. It's just self-destruction.

NikkyDate: Tuesday, 18.01.2011, 21:25 | Message # 30
Course monitor
lovefootball), I agree with you.
I think it's very important to get rid of negative emotions correctly. I mean, when you have a bad mood you can tell your close friend. Or someone else who is close to you and who is reliable. But you should do it without anger.
And what do you think about "the right way to get rid of negative emotions"?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » We and our emotions (Discussing the kinds of emotions we express most of all)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024