THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 16.04.2024, 12:18
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » The ways of expressing our emotions
The ways of expressing our emotions
What way(s) to express emotions is/are the best for you?
1.Words[ 7 ][50.00%]
2.Gestures[ 2 ][14.29%]
3.Facial gestures[ 3 ][21.43%]
4.Actions[ 8 ][57.14%]
5.Other variants (please, write a few words about them)[ 1 ][7.14%]
Answers total: 14
NekavaenDate: Thursday, 21.10.2010, 21:26 | Message # 31
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
Committing suicide… Hmm…I will never try to stop a person who says, for example, “Don’t leave me. I will kill myself” or “My life is so useless and senseless, I want to die”. (Actually I’ve already been in such situations, so I have a right to speak about it seriously). I know for sure that if a person REALLY wants to leave this world and is ready for it, he or she does it quickly without asking anyone’s opinion or threatening anybody with it. And in most cases these words are not serious and are used just for playing with boyfriend’s, parents’ or teachers’ emotions.

P.S. I’ve heard that 2 or 3 years ago a student of our university answered badly during the exam but didn’t want to see the word “satisfactory” in her record-book. And how do you think she decided to improve the situation? She rushed to the window and opened it, then climbed the windowsill and cried “Put an excellent mark or I will jump!” (It was 2nd floor as far as I remember) Then her group mates and the teacher tried to persuade her to calm down and stop this nonsense for about 20 minutes. Finally the teacher agreed to a “good” mark and she became adequate and still AT ONCE and left the classroom…
I’ve head about it from three people who are working at our university, so doubtless it’s true.
I would never behave in such a way…

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 22.10.2010, 20:58 | Message # 32
Dean
Awards: 3
Well, I think, we shouldn't judge such people. Heaven knows, what they may conceal. Of course, the problem has already been analysed by psychologists but still...

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 23.10.2010, 09:42 | Message # 33
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
it's just manipulation which is provoking, disturbing and scaring, of course. Since we have never been taught how to behave in such situations. However, the teacher could have acted in a more sophisticated way -writng a 'good' sign in the credit book, but then report to the dean and put a deserved grade in the exam form. Then it should be discussed in the office. Then parents should be informaed. IT IS SERIOUS. Then, a new regulation has to be adopted - fining students for recalcintrant behaviour and offence. Finally, it should be reported to the administration to take measures such as issuing an expell order. Such students should be either expelled or put on probation. They threaten people, provoke unrest, cause stress that can lead to health problems with teachers and others.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 23.10.2010, 21:50 | Message # 34
Dean
Is it mental disorder or just caprice? And should the same measures be assumed in both cases?

AsyaDate: Monday, 25.10.2010, 00:02 | Message # 35
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Quote (Seagull)
what if your best friend decides to commit a suicide?

I'd kill him myself!!!! biggrin
Quote (Seagull)
I'll do my best to save him/her. Even if the price is our friendship.

that's nonsense actually. Sorry for my bitter irony, but if your best friend dies - you'll get "all inclusive." I mean you'll lose your friendship as well.
Actually, Seagull, don't get offended, but I find your question stupid. First of all, if a person really decides to commit a suicide and not to draw people's attention to him/herself, he'll do it secretly and nobody will know about it, even friends, even good friends, mainly best friends.
And secondly - are your friends mentally handicapped to commit a suicide?

TeacherDate: Monday, 25.10.2010, 02:09 | Message # 36
Head teacher
Awards: 0
Asya, I think that's not the point here. And, if you remember we've discussed these things in our blogs devoted to suicide. Actually, my attidude hasn't changed.

In Vino Veritas...

SileneeeDate: Friday, 04.02.2011, 18:42 | Message # 37
Monitor
In my opinion, the best way of expressing emotions is art. Nobody suffers if emotions are negative. I prefer painting to any kinds. Besides, it really helps to become calm, you don't notice anybody or anything while you are expressing yourself in a work of art.

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 05.02.2011, 10:25 | Message # 38
Dean
Awards: 2
Sileneee, you got a point there. Art is a unique form for communicating thought and emotion. One condition is that art consumers should learn to understand artistic messages. Is it that easy? I am not sure.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 05.02.2011, 14:04 | Message # 39
Dean
Art can reflect your deepest feelings, even ulterior ones. In this case you can get rid of the burden and put your ideas into shape. Art also helps to understand others' psychology better. But it seems to me that it's sometimes used as a shelter. I don't think it's good or bad, it's just a form of collecting one's faculties.

Angel757Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 11:33 | Message # 40
Monitor
Unexpressed emotions affect your life. For example, many people who struggle with ongoing depression or anxiety are oftentimes actually angry. Because the unexpressed anger has nowhere to go, the person experiences the emotion as depression or anxiety. If you want to take control over your emotional life, you need to learn how to express your emotions.

strawberryDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 01:32 | Message # 41
Monitor
emotions..hmm. when i`m in a good mood i often sing funny songs or dance or all together) i chatter a lot and wave my hands..when i`m in stress or also want to sleep i`m very nervous and snap at people. I shout and leave in a huff and demand don`t disturb me..

ZhgutikDate: Saturday, 22.09.2012, 00:46 | Message # 42
Union organizer
Group: Reliable
My ways of expressing emotions can often be a bit crazy.I can do very strange things in a good humour biggrin I can dance,sing and jump!!!! biggrin People think that I'm mad ,sometimes=)

Message edited by Zhgutik - Saturday, 22.09.2012, 14:25

LeoDate: Monday, 24.09.2012, 01:48 | Message # 43
Monitor
One of the best ways of expressing your emotions is laugh with your friend or box. .. or both. Just as you wish.

Johnny_BravoDate: Saturday, 05.01.2013, 16:06 | Message # 44
Union organizer
When i am in a good mood i often shout loudly, laugh like a horse and of course jump like a moron biggrin

FoxyTDate: Sunday, 06.01.2013, 17:11 | Message # 45
Union committee president
Group: Moders
(Zhgutik)
I can do very strange things in a good humour I can dance,sing and jump!!!!

Yes, we know))) biggrin And that's what makes you unusual, you're cool)) You taught all of us always smile and be crazy like you)) cool

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » The ways of expressing our emotions
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024