THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 19.04.2024, 02:55
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » The ways of expressing our emotions
The ways of expressing our emotions
What way(s) to express emotions is/are the best for you?
1.Words[ 7 ][50.00%]
2.Gestures[ 2 ][14.29%]
3.Facial gestures[ 3 ][21.43%]
4.Actions[ 8 ][57.14%]
5.Other variants (please, write a few words about them)[ 1 ][7.14%]
Answers total: 14
TeacherDate: Wednesday, 17.02.2010, 01:42 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
Well... How do you usually express emotions? What is the best way to express them for you? Why? Let's discuss it!

In Vino Veritas...

RinaDate: Wednesday, 17.02.2010, 02:16 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
Oh... it's a difficult question... to tell the truth, I've never thought about it... Gestures? No, I don't like to saw the air. Words? Well, I use words to express my thoughts, but not emotions (do you feel the difference?) Actions? No, breaking some plates and tearing a lot of paper into pieces is not my style... I suppose that I tend to use facial expressions. You know, I adore pulling faces =)))

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 17.02.2010, 10:24 | Message # 3
Union organizer
Awards: 2
Four of them actually. To express my emotions I use gestures, mimic, words, everything!

orchid29Date: Tuesday, 16.03.2010, 15:21 | Message # 4
Student
Group: Users
Awards: 1
well, I agree that it's quite difficult to single out just one way of expressing our emotions... 'cause several of them may be used at the same time! For me personally, actions speak louder than words) but! sometimes I shout, sometimes say something, sometimes just use my mimics and facial expression... that's natural... ^___^

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 28.03.2010, 19:41 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Awards: 2
I think that words can't express emotions, because sometimes people tend to say one thing and do another. That is way I've chosen actions.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 18.05.2010, 11:31 | Message # 6
Dean
Awards: 3
Well,actions also may be fake if one wants to create some impresion. I think facial expression is the best way and the most vivid one. Sometimes a person smiles at you pleasantly but you see anger in his/her eyes.

TeacherDate: Thursday, 20.05.2010, 01:27 | Message # 7
Head teacher
You know, eyes are a mirror of our soul, but at the same time they are great liars.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 20.05.2010, 11:55 | Message # 8
Dean
Unfortunately, they are. But again it depends on a person. There are people who can't control themselves all the time in public.

TeacherDate: Friday, 21.05.2010, 00:15 | Message # 9
Head teacher
Quote (lovefootball))
There are people who can't control themselves all the time in public.

They can, but don't want to.

In Vino Veritas...

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 21.05.2010, 20:23 | Message # 10
Dean
Don't want? Sometimes it's really hard.

TeacherDate: Friday, 21.05.2010, 20:43 | Message # 11
Head teacher
lovefootball), it's hard, but possible) It's always absolutely useless to hide some new emotions or a great emotional splash.

In Vino Veritas...

RinaDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 00:38 | Message # 12
Quote (lovefootball))
There are people who can't control themselves all the time in public.
Quote (Seagull)
They can, but don't want to.

Seagull, do you want to say that there are no people who are unable to controll their emotions? And what do you mean saying that they don't want to do it? For what purpose they behave this way I wonder?

TeacherDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 10:45 | Message # 13
Head teacher
Quote (Rina)
Seagull, do you want to say that there are no people who are unable to controll their emotions?

My answer is:
Quote (Seagull)
lovefootball), it's hard, but possible) It's always absolutely useless to hide some new emotions or a great emotional splash.

Quote (Rina)
And what do you mean saying that they don't want to do it? For what purpose they behave this way I wonder?

There are people who think that such behaviour is good, that showing their emotions they can achieve something, or get something, or make people pay attention to them.

In Vino Veritas...

RinaDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 15:09 | Message # 14
Quote (Seagull)
There are people who think that such behaviour is good, that showing their emotions they can achieve something, or get something, or make people pay attention to them.

Yes, I agree. Such kinds of peope really exist.
But as for the 1st question... I'm sure there are some people who can't control their emotions. I'm so sure because I've met them. They don't show off, they try to hide what they really feel but they fail to do it. These are mantally unstable people and while being near them you have to be very careful. It's not a pleasant experience to be shouted at with a knife near your neck and then listen to their endless "I'm so sorry, I couldn't control myself"...

TeacherDate: Wednesday, 02.06.2010, 18:57 | Message # 15
Head teacher
Rina, you meet strange people sometimes. As for me, I hate such emotionally unstable people. The only way to avoid any conflict with them is just go away or stay but without any word waiting for them finishing their hysterics.

In Vino Veritas...

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » The ways of expressing our emotions
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024