THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 18.04.2024, 03:38
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » To express or not to express (Whether it's good to express emotions or not...)
To express or not to express
Is it good to express your emotions?
1.Yes, it's very good! A human being should always express his/her emotions.[ 0 ][0.00%]
2.You know, it depends on the kind of emotions, the situation, people, and so on and so forth...[ 11 ][68.75%]
3.No! A person mustn't express his/her emotions![ 0 ][0.00%]
4.We should always express only positive emotions.[ 1 ][6.25%]
5.Expressing negative emotions is very good for one's nervous system.[ 1 ][6.25%]
6.It's better to express positive emotions rather than negative ones.[ 5 ][31.25%]
Answers total: 16
TeacherDate: Wednesday, 17.02.2010, 01:56 | Message # 1
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
We express our emotions every day. But is it good to express them? And if it is, then what kinds of emotions should we express? Or what kinds of emotions are better for you to keep inside? Are there special situations in which we must express only these or those emotions? I've created five answers for our poll. Some of them are rather strange, I think. You, of course, can choose more than one answer. I suppose, most of you will choose the second one, but still I expect you to add your answer with any other variant.

In Vino Veritas...

RinaDate: Wednesday, 17.02.2010, 14:14 | Message # 2
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
My answer is quite banal – everything depends. It is really so – every day we come across a great deal of different situations and even a minimal detail determines our behavior. We “accommodate” ourselves to other people and being expressive and talkative with ones, we are reserved with others.
Thinking about the other variants... I guess that #5 and 6 are also reasonable. It's proved that a person shouldn't keep negative emotions – it can be even harmful for one's health. Expressing them is a kind of therapy. But one should remember that “expressing negative emotions” shouldn't go hand in hand with “taking one's anger out on somebody”. And #6... Well, it's obvious that people's emotions have one great quality – they are catching. So, if you express positive emotions, you make people around you happier, don't you? That's easy)))

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 20.02.2010, 21:30 | Message # 3
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
We are not robots, it's impossible to control our emotions all the time even if we want to look calm and confident. Emotions make our communication more sincere, they can change our vision of the world! So, I am really sure it's good to express emotions. But of course we must remember about other people and their feelings. Expressing their emotions, people should also listen to others. It is very important to know when it is time to stop.

TeacherDate: Tuesday, 23.02.2010, 13:10 | Message # 4
Head teacher
Quote (lovefootball))
Expressing their emotions, people should also listen to others.

To listen and to understand others are two different things. For example, quarelling husband and wife listen to each other, but don't understand each other's point of view.

In Vino Veritas...

MissJaneDate: Saturday, 06.03.2010, 22:44 | Message # 5
Union organizer
Quote (Seagull)
To listen and to understand others are two different things.
- You are shifting the point of the discussion, Seagull!
As for the question itself, I tend to agree with lovefootball). It is not possible for people to be aware of all kinds of emotions they experience and we just can't occupy our mind all the time thinking what our voice betray, or our eyes radiate, or our face telling other people about. I think we can't invent any limits to which we must restrict our force of emotional expression - it's undoubtedly depends on the environment we are in. Some people seem pathetic and even hyper-emotional, some stick to the neutral behaviour, others look completely impassive and as cool as a cucumber. No one can say what is bad and what is suitable. As for me, I like sincereness, but nevertheless prefer more reserved people.

AyayuliaDate: Sunday, 28.03.2010, 19:37 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Awards: 2
I think that we should express emotions. A person who always holds his/her emotions in check may have mental disease. But sometimes we really need to control our emotions not to offend someone or to spoil relations.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 23.04.2010, 20:31 | Message # 7
Dean
Actually, it's sometimes impossible to understand how to behave. Everybody says it's harmful to hide emotions but at the same time it may also be harmful to express them! Mabe we should learn not to experience such feelings as anger or hatred at all? Then no one will have difficulty expressing them. I know it sounds absurd to some extent but they say that when we get angry, we let the devil to our soul.

TeacherDate: Sunday, 25.04.2010, 00:28 | Message # 8
Head teacher
Quote (lovefootball))
I know it sounds absurd to some extent but they say that when we get angry, we let the devil to our soul.

Probably, it's true. Anger obfuscates us, so it can make us behave in a very harmful way.

In Vino Veritas...

Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 30.04.2010, 12:09 | Message # 9
Dean
Awards: 2
Agree with lovefootball) What she is saying is that we all seem to be willing to drive along the path of peace and kindness as it turns out to be the only way towards a happy life. Monye will be a good addition to it! On the other hand, to express or not express depends on a situation.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 30.04.2010, 19:56 | Message # 10
Dean
But at what age can we become so wise that this path of peace and kindness is quite natural for us?

TeacherDate: Sunday, 02.05.2010, 13:06 | Message # 11
Head teacher
lovefootball), in my opinion our wisdom is not the main and the only cause for choosing the path of peace and kindness. Someone is accustomed to being kind and pacifist, because his family "professed" such way of life. Somebody else needs all his life to understand that pacifism is the only way in this world. It depends...

In Vino Veritas...

NadyaDate: Tuesday, 26.10.2010, 15:58 | Message # 12
Union committee president
Group: Moders
I think we should express our emotions because if we didn't do it, I think our life would be rather boring. But it also depends on the kind of emotions, the situation, etc. And I agree that sometimes we should control them. It's very important

CherryDate: Saturday, 30.10.2010, 09:46 | Message # 13
Monitor
i am a very emotional person. and it`s very difficult for me to control myself, but i try, because very often i hear that people don`t like it. they say: you are too weak. but i don`t think so. i am sure that i am strong. i am simply such a person and it`s my nature.

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 30.10.2010, 20:52 | Message # 14
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I am also a VERY EMOTIONAL person. It's hard for me to control my emotions and to hide them.
I understand that sometimes we MUST first calm down and think twice and only then show others what we feel. But when I'm in great anger I quickly forget about this rule and...

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Message edited by Nekavaen - Saturday, 30.10.2010, 21:01

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 30.10.2010, 20:57 | Message # 15
Dean
Don't listen to idle talks, it's just impossible to please everyone) By the way, do you thing we can show strength by expressing our emotions?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Our Emotions » To express or not to express (Whether it's good to express emotions or not...)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024