THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Sunday, 05.05.2024, 11:10
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Seagull  
Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Topics for Discsussion » The problem of job placement and labour-market
The problem of job placement and labour-market
AsyaDate: Tuesday, 07.09.2010, 10:51 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
Everybody has to find a job, now or a little bit later. It's inevitable. But young professionals, especially girls, face a lot of problems on their way to finding a job. Another thing is that the labour-market has a surplus of professionals in one sphere and a deficiency in another one. That's why I believe we should discuss it and draw certain conclusions.

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 11.09.2010, 09:04 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
The value of your education gives a you chance for different jobs. First you should understand what you want. Then apply boldly and confidently. Your education will allow you to work in education, science, management, tourism, publishing, headhunting, social servies, logistics, mass media and a lot more. Anothe things is that the labouir market has different structures in different regions of the country. So finding a job and taking it tp will mean moving to a new place.

MissJaneDate: Saturday, 11.09.2010, 19:16 | Message # 3
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 3
To my mind, the fact whether you will find a job or not, depends on your insistence and patience, on your ability to ask, search, wait, demand. There is a very suitable Russian proverb: "The dog that trots about finds a bone" and it also works with finding a job. One of my friends graduated the university this year and she decided not to look for a job in summer (a little rest won't do harm, you know) and now she is still unemployed. She thinks about what job to choose, where to go and apply... But what I guess is right is that you needn't THINK about finding some work, you'd better GO to every company that suits you and ask, ask, ask, ask and ask again.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 11.09.2010, 20:08 | Message # 4
Dean
Group: Users
...and be ready you may be refused.

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 12.09.2010, 19:13 | Message # 5
Dean
Oh, unfortunately, I've heard much about such "trials". it's a widespread trap for young people.

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 13.09.2010, 09:55 | Message # 6
Dean
Labour marker is really tough today and young professionals often rush into odd business with one purpose in mind - the job should be good and well-paid. Forget! Decide what you need and want, first. Professional growth or just money! To become a well-paid professional one needs years of hard work to gain experience (well-paid but not best-paid). If you need money, big money, go into business or up the career ladder in a governmental institution where you will have a chance to 'optimize' expenditures and money use for your own benefit.

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 15.09.2010, 13:11 | Message # 7
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
I've read all your posts and quite agree with you. But there's one question I want to ask you: when are you personally going to find a job? Maybe, not to find but to start working? Have you taken any steps in this direction?

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 15.09.2010, 13:35 | Message # 8
Union organizer
Yes, it seems it's better to start just right now to have some experience and future after the graduation.

MissJaneDate: Thursday, 16.09.2010, 17:13 | Message # 9
Union organizer
I'm personally planning to look for a job right after the graduation (summer 2012). I mean I'll search for real full-time job, not like those lessons we all give to children now, or a seasonal work we do in summers.

AyayuliaDate: Thursday, 16.09.2010, 18:59 | Message # 10
Union organizer
It is a real problem to have classes in the middle of the day that is that you can’t have even part-time job, so you can’t have a go in different spheres and choose what you particularly need. And I won’t work somewhere and searching for something. I will work only for my friends or relatives.

Cherry_boomDate: Thursday, 20.01.2011, 18:35 | Message # 11
Student
Awards: 0
I work now. I can say that it's very difficult to work and to study. But after the graduation I will have some work experience and this will alleviate the problem of getting a well-paid job

Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 21.01.2011, 09:10 | Message # 12
Dean
Social stereotypes about early employment are changing. When I learn that somebody works and studies at the same time, I have two minds. Must the young person study or work or both? If you work, you've got less time for studies. If you want to invest your time in education, then work must wait. Otherwise, it all means that good education is not that essential. Why do people spend so much time and money on education, if they do not invest all of their time in it? Why do people not start working as soon as possible and only some time later start attending any short training courses?

NekavaenDate: Friday, 21.01.2011, 12:47 | Message # 13
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I think some students are brighter than others and are clever and entrepreneurial enough to combine studies and work successfully. I respect such people.

As for me, I waste too much time on hometasks and attend all seminars and lectures, though some of them are completely useless. I can’t find any time for working and earning money now. It’s bad. I have to reorganize my going-to-the-institute-and-preparing-for-lessons strategy and start bringing some income to my family.

P.S. My parents are against it and say that one can always find a part-time job at a supermarket or become a tutor; but we can get free high education only once in our country and youth is a perfect time for acquiring as much knowledge as we can.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 22.01.2011, 09:47 | Message # 14
Dean
Nekavaen, I agree with your parents. I would also argue with your expression 'waste too much time on hometasks...' Getting a good education or studying requires a lot of time. This is great and hard work. This is a huge investment into your future career and your future professional lifestyle. You should treasure every minute that your minds has to process information and knowledge. If you feel that you have some time left in your daily schedule, decide what to do - to start another course, or to start some work that will require your skills and knowledge.
Even if one has to work to get some money, he/she should treat it philosophically - as a chance to test oneself and learn others.

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 22.01.2011, 13:56 | Message # 15
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I know that education is important. That’s why I go to University and always do my homework. I wanted to say that I (because of my own stupidity, I think) often do a lot of additional and unnecessary work

I just take everything too seriously. For example, when I write an essay and make a mistake, I can’t just cross off the wrong letter or use correction fluid. I always start writing the whole text from the very beginning because I want all my works to be perfect. I could use the time wasted on rewriting the same sentences many times in another way. I could read a book, for example.
If a teacher gives a lesson plan and says that only half of the tasks should be done, I will surely do everything. Even if I know that half of the group will do nothing at all.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Forum » UNIVERSITY LIFE » Topics for Discsussion » The problem of job placement and labour-market
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024