THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 02.05.2024, 22:37
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Megastarosta  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Animal Rights (Discussions about animal rights in the human world)
Animal Rights
NadyaDate: Thursday, 09.12.2010, 17:29 | Message # 16
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Awards: 0
Yes, I agree with Nekavaen. Punishments can be different. But we mustn't use cruel punishments (for example beat them). It's wrong. Animals will never be very quiet, obedient even if we try to do them the same. So, we just should try to educate them, show how they should do something.

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 02.01.2011, 11:54 | Message # 17
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
H'm, of course, all you've said is true but try to imagine: you've just done the repair and your naughty kitten tears off new, modern and extremely expensive wallpaper! What will you do then?

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 02.01.2011, 23:55 | Message # 18
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Yes, it’s a great problem. Our beloved pets like to bite and scratch furniture, wallpaper, curtains, shoes... But I believe that proper training can help to get rid of all these habits. We can buy out pets more toys to play with; cats may be given special boards with valerian aroma and so on…

Talking about the situation you've described... Hm, I will hang beautiful pictures on torn places and try to find another thing that can be used for his or her games.

Nevertheless, we often suffer from our own carelessness. For example, we forget to put expensive and fragile things in a safe place. You know, my guinea pig has already spoiled dozens of books, toys, lesson plans (they are of great value for a student biggrin ) just because I left them lying on the floor.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Message edited by Nekavaen - Sunday, 02.01.2011, 23:57

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 03.01.2011, 20:01 | Message # 19
Dean
That means pets make us more disciplined,self-collected, witty and... I don't know, there must be something else) Oh, they often check our mobility)

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 05.01.2011, 11:17 | Message # 20
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
I remember visiitng a friend of mine years ago. He had a big dog. In his flat I saw a lot of special places and 'features' for pet dogs - wool and wooden panels to scratch, a kernel to hide in, fake bones and dog toys, dog grass in flat photo-cuvets, a rag and many other things. I remember him saying, "My dog is a living creature, if we decide to have a dog, we must re-design our home so that the dog feels calm and cozy. When a child is born, we make different changes...The same with pets..."

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 05.01.2011, 17:25 | Message # 21
Dean
That's true but we should start with the fact that lots and lots of parents can't realize how huge their responsibility is. So, it's little wonder that pets are taken for a new kind of temporary entertainment. The key word is temporary, unfortunately. I guess this year this problem will become really large-scale: rabbits are getting more and more popular but people take them just for fun, as a symbol of the year.There's no difficulty in understanding that next year poor rabbits will be just thrown away or given back at the best case.

NadyaDate: Saturday, 08.01.2011, 13:30 | Message # 22
I think our pets have a title to "calm and cosy place" where they can live.
But I don't think that next year rabbits will be just thrown away. Yes, they are the symbol of the year but it does not mean that people who bought rabbits won't take care of them.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 08.01.2011, 19:31 | Message # 23
Dean
Not everyone, of course, but still I'm afraid that there are people who take them just for another part of the interior, not more. A kind of addition to this year, maybe. They're sure that rabbits will bring them luck but if they don't, they'll become a burden.

NadyaDate: Wednesday, 12.01.2011, 19:36 | Message # 24
Yes, unfortunately, you are right. So people who buy a little rabbit should treat their pet well! Take care of your pets because they deserve our attention! smile

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 21.04.2011, 12:39 | Message # 25
Head teacher
Has anyone seen on TV a Russian man who teaches his cats to smoke and drink beer? I wish I could meet him and box his ears!

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 21.04.2011, 19:16 | Message # 26
Dean
What does he do?? He teaches? But how? I mean is he cruel to these cats? Maybe, he beats or starves them? Actually, I've seen such like videos and photos in the Internet...well, they're ridiculous and of course the sight of a cat\dog with a cigarette is far from being pleasant. I don't know what to say about that. Most people just don't see anything wrong in it, they have fun and that's all. I can also say that my cat likes the smell of tobacco) But speaking seriously, it's STUPID, STUPID, STUPID!!! If you lack amusement and have got used to smoking and drinking, you're welcome but do it ALONE and control your deformed imagination, that's what I can say to that man.

NadyaDate: Thursday, 21.04.2011, 20:13 | Message # 27
This soulless and stupid man (I even don't want to call him so) is very cruel. The problem is that
animals acquire bad habits very quickly. It's more difficult but more necessary to teach them to do something good. Our treatment of animals consist in love and care. Unfortunately, he hasn't still understood that...

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 24.04.2011, 16:55 | Message # 28
Dean
I have never thought about bad habits in respect of animals. Are pets apt to alcohol and smoking? It sounds strange, I can't get used to the idea that not only people but also animals are a subject to such kinds of influences. And how do they bear intoxication? Is there any lethal dose for them?

NekavaenDate: Monday, 25.04.2011, 09:36 | Message # 29
Head teacher
Of course, animals’ lethal doses are smaller than ours. Intoxication is painful for them. Drunken cats can’t walk properly, lose the instinct of survival and suffer from terrible headache. Animals who smoke cough like tubercular patients.

At first people force their pets to swallow a portion of bear or to breathe in a nicotine cloud. Of course, most animals protest because alcohol and cigarettes taste bitter. But then all of them get used to these drugs. The man, I was speaking about, now puts a cigarette into the cat’s mouth and the pet sits smoking quietly for 10 or 15 minutes without any protest.

However, I know cases when we don’t have to apply force. Wild animals seem to like the state of intoxication or maybe they are just more curious. There are hundreds of videos on the Internet in which people leave plastic glasses with bear or wine in the park, then ravens or squirrels drink what’s inside and start being inadequate: birds can’t fly and squirrels climb about 30 centimeters and fall from the tree on the back with paws wide open. Also I saw hedgehogs eating cigarettes thrown in the garden. Poor animals trembled in fits like epileptics after that. That means we should be careful when getting rid of “dangerous” litter.

NadyaDate: Thursday, 28.04.2011, 21:10 | Message # 30
Oh yes, I've also seen such videos. It's really terrible. And, unfortunately, it's very easy to teach them to drink or to smoke. For example, pets eat their own kind of food. They are accustomed to it. But some soulless people just pour a little beer them every day and that's it. Pets can't drink anything else except for beer.

Isn't it a sin to do such things with animals???!!

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Animal Rights (Discussions about animal rights in the human world)
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024