THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Saturday, 04.05.2024, 01:20
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Forum moderator: Megastarosta  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Cruelty to Animals vs Pet Aggression (Facts of cruelty to animals and Pet attacks on people)
Cruelty to Animals vs Pet Aggression
Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 13.11.2010, 09:13 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
There is a lot of debate in our society about various facts of cruelty to pets, homeless animals, and wild animals. Is this really a serious issus that represents the state, culture, psychology and mentality of our society or is it a mere fact of people's love of debate and wish to disturb each other by trifle matters? Can a person be kind to others and cruel to animals? Have you ever witnessed any such facts, read or watched on TV? Where? When? What happeened? What was your reaction? What, in your opinion, are the main reasons for cruelty to animals? Why do people kill street dogs in big cities? Do pegions present danger? Why do animals attack people? Are pets aggressive or defensive?

TeacherDate: Monday, 15.11.2010, 11:01 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Awards: 0
It's a well-known fact that some people torture their pets in order to release their anger or agression. It's not a rare situation when pets become silent victims of their owners.

DO NOT WATCH THE VIDEO IF YOU ARE WEAK-NERVED OR VERY IMPRESSIBLE!

In Vino Veritas...

TanyaDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 00:45 | Message # 3
Course monitor
Group: Friends
Awards: 2
I think we should look more into the problem of cruelty to animals. It is true animals usually do not receive the same kind of attitude from people. But in many countries people try to struggle with such unpleasant phenomenon. And I found in the Internet some information about it. "A nationwide referendum is taking place in Switzerland on a proposal to give animals the constitutional right to be represented in court, media reports said on Sunday. Animal rights groups say that appointing state-funded animal lawyers would ensure animal welfare laws are upheld in the country’s 26 cantons, and help prevent cases of cruelty. 2008 saw an animal rights protection law come into force in Switzerland to particularly warn against separately keeping hamsters, parrots, gold fish and other aggregating species".

LuckDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 18:50 | Message # 4
Union organizer
Awards: 5
Some people torture their pets in order to release their anger or agression? How? How is it possible? If you want to release your anger just beat on the wall, or do something that can hurt YOU but not a poor cat who does nothing bad to you! I am completely against torturing or beating pets. Maybe getting some medical treatment sounds strange, but anyway violence either towards pets or towards people is abnormal. Just do not buy a kitten or a puppy if you are going to kill it in some years!!

alex_makhDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 19:10 | Message # 5
Monitor
Awards: 1
brrrr... disgusting. I'm a great animal fan, and cannot even imagine hurting pets. I think such people must be punished uner criminal law.

CherryDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 19:57 | Message # 6
Monitor
Group: Users
oh.... it`s really awfull... :'(i suppose such an attitude to pets shows us the nature of people. they can`t be normal. if they can treat pets in such a way, they surely treats other people rudely too.

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 20:43 | Message # 7
Dean
Awards: 3
Cherry, I can't agree with you. I think the things are quite opposite. Such people are, as a rule, abject cowards and can't treat others in the same way. It's much easier to give free swing to your temper when you have a helpless creature near you! And no one will be able to punish you!

RinaDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 21:06 | Message # 8
Union committee president
Awards: 4
Some days ago I read a short piece of info in the "ask-the-lawyer" section in a newspaper. A woman wrote that she and her little son witnessed a man beating his dog. It was such a cruel and terrible action, that her son began to stammer. So, the woman asked whether this man could be sued. And the answer was affirmative (article 245 "cruelty to animals", criminal code of RF). So, it is not only awful, disgusting detectable behaviour, but also a penal act! And I do believe that the people who perform these "actions" (if only we can call them “people”) MUST be prosecuted.

NikkyDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 21:10 | Message # 9
Course monitor
lovefootball), I agree with you. And I think it' really meanly!
If a person is in a bad mood, he\she can just take his gun. And then? An animal can do nothing against a huge human with a gun.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 19.11.2010, 19:20 | Message # 10
Dean
Rina, the problem is that he can be prosecuted only if there's a witness.And can you imagine anyone who will spend his/her time and nerves on it? I doubt the fact. Unfortunately.

LuckDate: Friday, 19.11.2010, 22:13 | Message # 11
Union organizer
Awards: 5
Lovefootball, I disagree with your idea that usually people behave differently towards animals and people. I myself can be sometimes very angry with someone, and I can come home in a very bad mood, quarrel with my friends, do not talk to anyone and feel very bad, BUT I never wreak my anger on my cat! It's just the opposite, it makes me smile, and maybe helps me in some way. I do not think that people who can beat their pets can behave adequately towards people. Because they just must have some mental problems.

NadyaDate: Saturday, 20.11.2010, 17:20 | Message # 12
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Yes, I agree with you Luck. Our pet just makes us happy. It's not right to beat your own pet. And I think if people do it, it means that there is some deviation in your mind, some mental problems. Such people just can't communicate with other people in a good way. People's attitude to animals reflects their attitude to other people to the world around. Unfortunately, there are a lot of such people in the world. Aggression towards animals is a kind of sign because animals are also God's creatures.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 20.11.2010, 18:49 | Message # 13
Dean
Well, I think you're right. But still I guess such people don't have (I don't know how to call it better) enough power to treat others in the same way. Just because it involves trouble. Or maybe their problems derive from dissatisfaction, rejection or some injury. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm trying to justify them.

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 20.11.2010, 23:49 | Message # 14
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Lovefootball, I agree with you. People are different and THERE ARE those who treat people properly but act agressively towards animals. Yes, they have mental problems but they can hide their cruel thoughts and wishes and their brutality when being watched by friends and family members and then, when nobody sees them, kill cats or torture birds.
We can remember the behaviour of most serial maniacs. When their awful deeds are discovered and their blame is proved at first nobody can believe the terrible truth. Why? Because collegues, wives and children, friends always know maniacs as kind and noble people.
The same with those who torture animals - not all of them will do it openly. They are dissatisfied by their lifes or just mocked by other humans. And as it's to hard to fight against those who are stronger or cleverer they choose animals as victims and unleash themselves. Some of them start with animals and then switch over to people...

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 22.02.2011, 22:31 | Message # 15
Dean
Well, we know the reasons for a number of things but what should be done to get rid of such problems? Preventive measures? I mean social advertising but it isn't profitable in this case. Maybe, some out-of-school activities connected with animals? But it may be dangerous for children. Do you have any ideas?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Pets in our Life » Cruelty to Animals vs Pet Aggression (Facts of cruelty to animals and Pet attacks on people)
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024