THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 16.05.2024, 13:01
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Forum » HYPERTEXT NOVEL » Our Story » Primary thread: He (male, 35 years, likes cats.)
Primary thread: He
RinaDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 01:17 | Message # 1
Union committee president
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
His story began when he opened his eyes. Everything begins when you start watching it. The sense of the existence is to be seen. Be watched. Be understood.
His story began with the sun hidden behind low dark clouds. He knew the sun was there – he felt it not even noticing its lights – the room without the windows isn't the best place to watch the sun rising... Later he understood that he can feel much more than anybody else can see.
His story began when he opened his eyes. when will it end, he wondered...

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 01:25 | Message # 2
Group: Moders
Awards: 6
He closed his eyes. One more minute to rest... One always has a spare minute... Even when one is in a hurry. But being in a hurry is not about him. He's never late.
He didn't want to open his eyes. When you close your eyes you can see much more than when you open them... With your eyes close you can see a rainbow. A rainbow of everything. And with your eyes open you can see only imperfection. The world's imperfection.
Time to wake! A rainbow - dirty socks near the bed-a rainbow-the broken chair-a rainbow-the cup of coffee he forgot to drink yesterday-a rainbow-
-Stop blinking finally! - he said and woke up.

RinaDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 01:43 | Message # 3
Group: Friends
Awards: 4
He got up.. oh, such a pitiful reflection in the mirror – it's not strange that it was too hard to wake up – yesterday was a funny night... actually, today. Funny night, full of drinks, unnecessary talks...
he looked at the mirror again – yee.. no rainbows any more, as he had expected... just middle-aged man with grey eyes behind the glasses, dark dishevelled hair, too long for a man of his age. By the way, he really looked too young for his age – lean, with boyish roguish twinkle in his eyes.
He grinned. His reflection grinned.

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 03:10 | Message # 4
He liked this mirror-effect very much actually. He knew it worked with people, too.
So, on his way to work he smiled to every person he met, received their smiles-back and got more and more cheerful. Just as usual.
But one thing WAS unusual. He has seen a woman who didn't want to smile back. 'Hey, I'm here! I'm smiling! Hey!!!' That was strange. He managed to get everything he wanted to gain. Smiles especially. He was kinda collector of smiles. So, he got very-very interested in that woman. She seemed to be very deep in her thoughts...

TeacherDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 03:49 | Message # 5
Head teacher
Group: Admins
Awards: 0
The chain of his thoughts was interrupted by a telephone call.
- Have a nice day! This is doctor Morisson. Do you remember me? If I'm not mistaken, you must visit me in my Mental Health Center every two weeks. So?
- Hello, Dr. Morisson. You know, I don't have time. 24 hours is too little for me. I have dozens of photo projects. So I can't visit you.
- You must visit me. If you don't want the situation you had several month ago...
- Shut up! Don't remind me about that day! Do you hear me?!
- Calm down, Mr. ....
- I said shut up!
He threw his mobile phone. There were no smile on his face any more...

In Vino Veritas...

8davids8Date: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 13:25 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Awards: 2
He glanced at his reflection in the mirror and the picture suddenly trembled and now in his eyes stood the image of that gloomy grey autumn days he spent in the room with soft walls in the Medical Centre. Oh, yes, now he clearly recalled everything that made his presence there so necessary.
The photo camera clicking, the children shouting, the monotonous moaning of the wind. These sounds filled his ears, and his eyes were filling with rage while he was trying to reconcile with what he had done. Suddenly the very picture of the past stood in his eyes so strikingly and vividly, that it seemed to him that the heart ceased beating and the lungs stopped breathing...

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 22:41 | Message # 7
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
But he had to collect himself. For her sake. For the sake of the little creature he was responsible for. The ghosts of the past were too faint in comparison with the feelings that began to overwhelm him. He was afraid to make a false step like those fools who were too infirm to fight.

AsyaDate: Wednesday, 10.11.2010, 23:19 | Message # 8
That dammed sense of responsibility. What the hell was happening to him letting this sense devour him?! He was no such a good and CARING man. But She was an exception. He did care about her. He did want her to be happy. He did want this little creature to fall in love with him.
WHY CAN'T IT BE SIMPLER???!!!! WHY CAN'T SHE JUST LOVE ME AS MUCH AS I LOVE HER!!!! THAT STUPID PROFESSOR!!! HOW DID HE MANAGE TO GET SUCH AN... SUCH AN... SUCH AN UNACHIEVABLE WIFE!!!!!!!!
Calm down! calm... down... CALM DOWN!!!!!!!!

8davids8Date: Thursday, 11.11.2010, 23:24 | Message # 9
Union organizer
Quickly, get something to calm down, he said to himself. Somewhere in the counter was a bottle of bourbon. What is it? Cachaca, no, some corks, no. Oh yes here it is! It was half empty. Somewhere inside he felt an outburst of soothing. For some reason he remembered just right now his father saying: "Opening bottles is what makes people drunkards". In his way things were alright.
Without blinking his eyes hi poured some in the glass. Warmth and tranquillity spread about his body. Now he should collect himself and his thoughts. What time is it? Lord, half past ten!

AsyaDate: Monday, 15.11.2010, 22:37 | Message # 10
Suddenly he heard someone approaching his door quickly.
- Nervous steps, - he thought.
He didn't even imagine how close to the truth he was.
That was Martha, knife in her purse, who was knocking at his door in a few seconds.

8davids8Date: Monday, 15.11.2010, 22:54 | Message # 11
Union organizer
He heard her gait and recognized it at the moment. He'd heard it for a thousand times already. The door opened slowly. What? He had closed it, hadn't he? Must be a goddamn maid came to do things up here and forgot to lock the door. How much time passed since he came here in the afternoon? It was dark in the room - he understood it only now. He leaned to switch on the light.
Oh, yes, it was she - it was Martha, standing with her hands trembling, looking vigorously at him who was standing just by the door. She understood that he was waiting for her in a moment.

TeacherDate: Thursday, 18.11.2010, 01:28 | Message # 12
Head teacher
Awards: 0
He tried to collect himself.
- Martha, I didn't expect you would come. It's so unxpected, - said He with a smile (this smile seemed too ugly to Martha).
She was still silent and trembling. Her hands were behind her back. He noticed that.
- Why are you trembling? - asked He trying to as calm and polite as He could.
- No! - Matra almost squealed this out.
- Well, I think you'd better drink something sedative and heating. Would you like wine? - He tried to move to the mini-bar.
- Stay where you are! - shouted Martha and showed her knife.
- Hey, easy, Martha. You are to nervous and tense now. Take a sit, and I'll bring you a wineglass of bourbon, - He came to Martha. She was looking into His eyes and realizing that she couldn't do anything. He took her knife and put it on the night table. Than He made her sit and went to the mini-bar.
That was His mistake. Martha recovered her consciousness and recollected the death of Chloe. She suddenly stood up, took her knife and shouting flew at Him...!

In Vino Veritas...

Forum » HYPERTEXT NOVEL » Our Story » Primary thread: He (male, 35 years, likes cats.)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024