THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 26.04.2024, 09:38
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » Personal Introductions » About Myself
About Myself
Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 26.11.2010, 10:16 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Write a few simple things about yourself, your main hobbies, your friends, your likes and dislikes, your life principles.

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 27.11.2010, 01:18 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
My real name is Kate. I study at the Ryazan Pedagogical University. I want to become a teacher of English and Japanese in the future (and I certainly will!!!).
I'm a female. I'm blond. I'm strong both mentally and physically. I always say what I think.
I have a lot of hobbies: cooking, reading, playing computer games, watching interesting movies, shopping, listening to music and so on...
I don't have many friends but there are people I can spend my free time with.
I like black colour, silver, science fiction, bananas, ice-cream. I'm always glad to talk to people who are ready to accept me as I am and are not afraid to behave like kids. I hate impudence, vulgarity and avarice.
Maybe, I'm too young to have stable life principles to follow but still there are certain ideas I support and can call brilliant. They are:
1) Be what you are! Be true to yourself!
2) Respect and protect your family!
3) Try to do your best to make the world and yourself better!
4) Never turn your back on those who need help!
5) Serve others everyday and never ask for any reward!
6) Be always ready to forgive others and to confess your own sins!
7) If you are happy - share your happiness with others!
8) Take care of your body, mind and spirit!
9) Fight your fears!
10) Never lie to yourself!
11) Never attack first!
I try to use all these ideas in my everyday life though it's not always easy, you know... But I will work on myself. Yes, I will.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

ValeriyaDate: Saturday, 27.11.2010, 16:12 | Message # 3
Monitor
Awards: 0
My name is Lera, I'm 16 years old. I study at school №7 in the 11th form. My class is very friendly. We meet at weekends and have a very good time together. For example, we go to the cinema or theatre, go to the ice palace, go shopping, etc. In my free time I play with my sisters. I have favorite movies. For example, "Dear John", "A walk to remember", "Kith", the saga "Harry Potter" and "New moon". I haven't got favorite music groups, because I listen to happy music when I'm in a good mood. I have a hobby. It is dancing. I like dancing very much. I started to dance when I was 5 years old, and I don't imagine my life without my hobby.

Message edited by Valeriya - Saturday, 27.11.2010, 16:22

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 27.11.2010, 19:38 | Message # 4
Head teacher
Nice to meet you, Lera!
You are happy because you have a friendly class at school. When I was a pupil, I used to feel like if I were on a battlefield or at prison. Most of the people I met everyday were jealous of other pupils' success, machinated and tried to leave someone else holding the bag all the time. So, it was just impossible to trust each other and go somewhere together.
It's great you can dance well. I prefer to express myself through singing and writing poems.

DimonDate: Monday, 29.11.2010, 20:34 | Message # 5
Student
Hello people! I`m Dimon! I`m 24. I live and work in Ryazan. I work at the Ryazan Radio Factory. If anybody works there, give voice!))) I seldom sit in Internet chats, and i registered here 2 days ago. After work i go to english lessons. They are very interesting. cool

thinkerDate: Tuesday, 30.11.2010, 11:37 | Message # 6
Monitor
Hello-hello! I still don't understand who I am) Sometimes I'm very communicative and friendly, but othertimes sorrow takes me and I become an introvert. I can't find life-work, but can make somebody happy! I'm like "a grain in the sea" in this big world, but I hope to find myself..

МарусяDate: Tuesday, 30.11.2010, 11:51 | Message # 7
Monitor
Nekavaen, hello!
I have read your ideas. They are very interesting.
I don't agree with items 3,5,7 and 9.
It is a pity but I can´t explain you my position in good english.

item 9 - Any fight (any struggle) begets a counteraction. (IMHO)
items 3,5,7 - These are slogans for communists. (IMHO)

Message edited by Маруся - Wednesday, 01.12.2010, 15:26

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 30.11.2010, 23:06 | Message # 8
Head teacher
hello Maybe, but only for those communists who are really happy, responsible and self-sufficient.

МарусяDate: Wednesday, 01.12.2010, 15:44 | Message # 9
Monitor
Nekavaen, you are a very strong person, I think.
Because your name is KATHERINA.
What does your Nick-Name mean?

Message edited by Маруся - Wednesday, 01.12.2010, 16:56

NekavaenDate: Friday, 03.12.2010, 00:28 | Message # 10
Head teacher
As far as I remember my real name "Ekaterina" came from the Greek language and means "pure". angel
And my nickname was created by my groupmates 2 years ago and its meaning and origin are vague and uncertain to me. But as it sounds good and unusual I don't protest against being called so.

MetalDrDate: Friday, 10.12.2010, 18:03 | Message # 11
Monitor
My name is Julia, i'm 16 years old. I study at the best school of the world 69. I like my teachers and eating in the school canteen...
About myself and my hobbies, i can talk very long.. So, i like philosophy, especially Nietzsche, many kinds of sport, computer games, magic, food... X) and music... yes, i'm really crazy about it))
If you want to be happy, everything depends on you, only you yourself can make your life nice.

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 11.12.2010, 01:24 | Message # 12
Head teacher
Nice to meet you, Yulia. You are absolutely right. In order to succeed in this life, we should be ready to fight for happiness and take responsibility into our own hands.

MadPandaDate: Tuesday, 14.12.2010, 03:24 | Message # 13
Monitor
Hello to everyone! My name is Alevtina =) But everyone calls me just Alya.. I'm Burn's group-mate (Hi, Kate ^^) Well.... actually, I have a lot to say but I don't know what to start with... hmm....
First, Teacher, I promise, I WILL make the blog you asked me to make (yes, I DO remember about it and am looking for suitable information)
Second, a couple words about me... I can't judge myself, let Burn do it... I just wanted to say, that I'm not afraid to be a child and to have fun with the others happy
And third, my hobbies... well, I adore Japan and everything that is connected to it... Manga, anime, music, calligraphy, food, origami and so on... I like both, to draw and to watch (about manga & anime); to listen to and to sing (music); to write and to observe writing (calligraphy); to fold and to observe folding (origami); to eat and to cook (food)...
Err... Doozo yoroshiku onegaishimas... (was nice to meet you) biggrin
ps Oh! Forgot to mention.... I ADOOOOORE pandas!!!!

Message edited by MadPanda - Tuesday, 14.12.2010, 03:40

NekavaenDate: Wednesday, 15.12.2010, 00:17 | Message # 14
Head teacher
Kachan, you're my favourite alien! heart I'm not afraid to be a child either! That's why we understand each other well!
Come to the new forum section devoted to Japan as soon as possible.

Former-TeacherDate: Friday, 17.12.2010, 09:36 | Message # 15
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Hi, MadPanda! I am really happy to see online enjoying these discussions. When I read that you
Quote (MadPanda)
well, I adore Japan and everything that is connected to it
, I decided to start up the Forums devoted to Japan. If will be a great idea if you moderate these forums and involve people into Japan-related discussions. I think that will be your first real online discussion projects that will reach out to many users.

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » Personal Introductions » About Myself
  • Page 1 of 7
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024