THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 12:46
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » Free Time for Myself » All by Myself
All by Myself
Former-TeacherDate: Saturday, 27.11.2010, 12:43 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
What do you do when you are alone? Do you read? Do you watch TV? Do you listen to music? Do you lie on the sofa doing nothing? Do you take a walk? Do you go shopping? Do you write a personal diary? Do you read or write poetry?

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 28.11.2010, 01:44 | Message # 2
Head teacher
Group: Users
Awards: 1
When I have free time I prefer to spend it alone. I play computer games or cook something tasty while listening to my favourite music. I also like to go shopping and watch TV. But sometimes I just sit in a quiet place and dream.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 29.11.2010, 09:56 | Message # 3
Dean
Free time full of free dreams... Usually dreams are associated with something positive, kind, happy... Often it motivates poetic thinking...

Former-TeacherDate: Monday, 29.11.2010, 19:20 | Message # 4
Dean
This is a message of a student of mine. I allowed this person to use my account.
"When I am alone I listen to relaxing music and dream about a lot of things. Then I watch some football programes on TV and drink some cups of coffee. During the day I do many interesting things. For example I like writing my first poem about ancient Scandinavia. Also I like repairing my car at my friends garage and listening to heavy metal music. In the evening I contact my friends by Skype. We speak about sports and history. And drink beer online".

ValeriyaDate: Wednesday, 01.12.2010, 21:49 | Message # 5
Monitor
Awards: 0
I haven't got much free time but sometimes I have free time at weekends. I like reading books very much. For example, "The foreman and Margarita", "The Thorn Birds", etc. Also, I like to go for a walk or go shopping with my friends. We usually have fun together. But sometimes I prefer spending time alone because I want a rest. At this time I usually write my dairy or listen to classical music. In my free time I never lie on the sofa doing nothing because I think that it is a senseless waste of precious time. But it is my opinion.

AyayuliaDate: Saturday, 04.12.2010, 15:20 | Message # 6
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Because I must perform a function of a hearth keeper, I have almost no free time. And if I however have it, I prefer to read, to play the piano or to embroider. And if I have more free time I will learn something, may be to sing or to dance.

Suigintou_RozenDate: Wednesday, 08.12.2010, 18:04 | Message # 7
Course monitor
I want to have more free time and, of course, I want to spend it for my hobbies. I like watching different films, cooking, drawing and learning to use photoshop. Sometimes, I like to chat with people from different countries. I am a bit lazy so the moments of my free time are the best moments in my life. And what about you?)

NadyaDate: Saturday, 18.12.2010, 15:23 | Message # 8
Union committee president
Group: Moders
Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of free time. But I prefer spending my free time alone. I can listen to music, read a book, but usually I spend it in front of my computer screen sending messages to my friends. Sometimes I just lie on the sofa and think about different events and things. I really like it. And I don't think it's very bad especially when I had a really bad day. I agree with Teacher that usually dreams are associated with something positive, kind, happy. So it helps me to keep my bad mood away.

NikkyDate: Friday, 24.12.2010, 18:01 | Message # 9
Course monitor
I don't have a lot of free time either.
But if I have some free minutes I like to spend them with with my presious friends. If I'm not very tired, of course. We usually go to the cinema, cafe, theatre, swimming pool... and other places, connected with modern activities and interests.
But in fact, I prefer to drink some coffe with my best friend at home. We usually sit, speak about everything. And it helps me to relax.
But if I'm too tired from people, I like to take a cup of warm sweet cofee, sit on the windowsill and watch people on the street. Especially when it's snowing.

МарусяDate: Monday, 10.01.2011, 19:01 | Message # 10
Monitor
When I am alone at home I sleep all the time.
Perhaps, it is very strange but I think that a good sleep
is very important for the body and soul.
I like yoga and like practicing it.

NikkyDate: Friday, 14.01.2011, 18:19 | Message # 11
Course monitor
Quote (Маруся)
Perhaps, it is very strange but I think that a good sleep is very important for the body and soul.

It's very very important!!! When you sleep just a bit for a very long time, it ruins your health.
I'm very sleepy right now. And I have only one wish right now... I want to sleep!! biggrin
Yoga is interesting, in my opinion. Do you know a lot of postures? smile

thinkerDate: Monday, 24.01.2011, 18:21 | Message # 12
Monitor
In my free time I usually run. I don't mean running literally. After work I go to English lessons, in sport-club, swimming pool, visit friends and relatives. I can't say that I have many hobbies and different things to do but I can't afford to go home and read books or watch TV, for example. I listen to audio-books during the way to work. After sitting all day long in an office it's a shame to me to lay on a sofa smile And I try to spend a lot of energy. At the weekends this story is continuing. In my free time I am always late and harries up ))

Message edited by thinker - Wednesday, 16.02.2011, 16:09

lovefootball)Date: Monday, 24.01.2011, 18:40 | Message # 13
Dean
Awards: 3
It may seem that your free time is the continuation of your work)))) But I think what you do is very logical and up-to-date, I mean such a lifestyle creates some balance and assigns certain rhythm. That's really cool that your life is so rich in events and that you don't waste time.

BlackAngelDate: Tuesday, 15.02.2011, 22:21 | Message # 14
Monitor
When I have free time, i like to play computer games or watch TV. Sometimes, i go skating. I usually play such games as volleyball, basketball, and sometimes football. And of course, I like music! I often listen to the rock group Linking Park. Sometimes i read books. My favourite writer is J.R.R. Tolkien. I like his epic trilogy "The Lord of the Rings" very much. I don’t smoke (nobody smokes in our family). I know that this very bad habit may cause serious problems in your health. My favourite hobby is playing the guitar.

MetalDrDate: Wednesday, 06.04.2011, 18:03 | Message # 15
Monitor
In my free time i usually watch anime, read philosophy books or listen favorite or new groups. When i have free time and when i am alone in home i never watch TV and try not to sleep becouse it is not so often( Honestly i like to be alone very mutch... It is very important for me to have free time sometimes becouse i can't imagine my life without good rest in solitude ^_^"
If I can't afford to stay alone at home one hour per day i'm starting to get angry at everyone or depressed.
I think many people need to be alone sometimes) who agree with me?)

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » Free Time for Myself » All by Myself
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024