THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Tuesday, 07.05.2024, 13:46
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Forum moderator: Teacher  
Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » The World of My Dreams » Would you like to be a millionaire?
Would you like to be a millionaire?
ValeriyaDate: Wednesday, 16.02.2011, 18:20 | Message # 1
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
As for me, I wouldn't like to be a millionaire, because these people are often very angry and they have only one dream- to earn more money. And it makes these people sad, they haven't got the best friends and a family. Finally, they feel lonely. In my opinion, a lot of money doesn't make people happy. On the contrary, I think these people are sad.

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 16.02.2011, 20:32 | Message # 2
Dean
Awards: 3
It all depends on a person and on the way he/she gets his money. I know only one thing for sure - those who think the life of millionaires is a bed of roses, are wrong. The problem is even not to earn as much as possible but to preserve what you have. Money doesn't come to everyone, it's a very complicated and capricious substance. I'm sure money feels its possessor and requires special attitude and treatment. Besides, being a millionaire presupposes danger...

NekavaenDate: Thursday, 17.02.2011, 08:10 | Message # 3
Head teacher
Awards: 1
There is a wise saying; “If you want to feel rich, just count the things you have that money can't buy”. I agree with it completely. Yes, a great sum of money can make a person feel better for a short period of time. It’s so cool to be able to afford buying everything you want and live in absolute comfort and luxury!

But there are things that can’t be bought – friendship, respect, honor, trust, etc. Also it often happens so that money changes a person completely and he or she loses all positive traits of character and begins to confront with close people (There may be a lot of reasons for that. For instance, a rich person may start thinking that everybody wants only his or her money and pretends to be kind and polite). It’s a straight way to loneliness and dissatisfaction. And if a person feels that nobody’s near to support and take care of him or her, even the most incredible treasures on this planet won’t make his or her life truly happy. I remember one more interesting quotation: “Money will buy you a fine dog, but only love can make it wag its tail”.

I’m sure that it’s definitely easier to earn money than to keep and use it sensibly. Everybody’s eager to spend it but not everyone has an inner feeling for profits.

It’s not the main goal of my life to earn as much money as possible. If I have a million or two, I’ll spend a half of the sum on helping homeless animals and the second half – on getting second high education and traveling.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 17.02.2011, 12:04 | Message # 4
Dean
I don't think money makes one feel better only for a short period of time. If we are speaking about a normal balanced person who understands his actions and controls them, money can lighten his life and solve a number of problems. Besides, I'm sure that when one is financially secure and doesn't need to feel uneasy about the income, he/she is calmer and has more time for self-enrichment. Properly used, money can bring bright colours to one's life.

Suigintou_RozenDate: Friday, 25.02.2011, 14:49 | Message # 5
Course monitor
In my opinion a lot of money can't bring happiness.Money can buy medicine, but not health.Money can buy a car, but not safety.Money can buy a book, but not knowledge.But everybody needs money to survive and it is very important in our life,so we can't hate it.The most important rule-to turn an honest penny and money will bring happiness. smile

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 06.03.2011, 20:41 | Message # 6
Dean
Of course, we can't speak about hatred!!!! Money is a delicate substance and even if one doesn't believe in it, he will fall under this rule! It doesn't even matter how much money you have, the law is the same both for millionaires and middle class: thoughts are material and everything has its own energy.

MetalDrDate: Wednesday, 09.03.2011, 17:55 | Message # 7
Monitor
I think everyone wants to be a millionaire. Everyone has needs and wishes and wants to have a lot of money to buy necessary or luxurious things. But it is difficult to be a millionaire. You must work very hard because money will not fall down on you from the sky... If you are clever, talanted, creative and not lazy, you can do it yourself.
As for me, i will never be a millionaire... i am very lazy and very stupid sometimes. I even can't bring myself to do my homework. Certainly i think that i can't work hard even for a lot of money...

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 09.03.2011, 21:31 | Message # 8
Dean
I think you're playing cunning just because now there's no such a perspective in front of you) Besides, it's a well-known fact that homework and good marks have nothing to do with one's success in life. I don't mean they're useless but still there's so much unexpected and surpising in the future...)

MetalDrDate: Friday, 11.03.2011, 17:50 | Message # 9
Monitor
Lovefootball, maybe you are right) Einstein, for example, studied bad in school but he became famous and successful. If you want to be prosperous people you must be urgent at first and the rest is not so important.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 11.03.2011, 21:46 | Message # 10
Dean
Actually, I'm not sure of this subject. I do realize that an excellent student won't undoubtedly become prosperous, wealthy and simply self-actualized but still success doesn't come to idlers. I don't know, it's banal but maybe it's true that only knowledge is important. H'm, but marks often reflect one's skills. Oh, and how could I forget! Luck is one of the main components of success!

Message edited by lovefootball) - Friday, 11.03.2011, 21:47

PhaZaDate: Wednesday, 13.04.2011, 12:58 | Message # 11
Student
Group: Moders
What can I say being a millionaire!? Just let me imagine...
First, to become a millionaire one should work hard, from day till night. You should have a success in your business. Otherwise you will fail it. That is why many people have a psychological breakdown, headache.
Secondly, if you have already gained a huge some of money you must think properly how to spend it. One improper step - you can loose everything.
Besides, people who have millions and millions venture their life.
In conclusion, if you want to be a millionaire you should prepare your self for a rather difficult life, psychologically and physically. But if you become a millionaire you can have whatever you want, all your dreams come true, you feel satisfaction and you can say..."Life is simple. Eat. Sleep. Fish."

NikkyDate: Wednesday, 13.04.2011, 15:56 | Message # 12
Course monitor
Personally, as said MetalDr, everyone wants to have much money just because every person has it's awn needs and wishes.
And I want to have enough money too. Enough but not much. I mean, I don't have such a mania, that money is the main thing and it's so important to be rich. I just want to have enough money to live without financial problems, and in the future having a family I would like to have enough to buy beautiful clothes for my daughter or a bike for my son biggrin

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 13.04.2011, 20:57 | Message # 13
Dean
Well, PhaZa, I doubt the fact that people who work for hours and hours to the last degree will ever become millionaires. Of course, hard work, assiduity and responsibility are worth admiration and no doubt, they are a basis of success but...such a scrupulous attitude can drive anyone to madness. As I've mentioned earlier money demands special mood, character, frame of mind.

dmkalmykovDate: Sunday, 24.04.2011, 20:08 | Message # 14
Student
As for me, I am not a millionaire,because I don't have millions in cash, but if we check all real estate, which my family have now, I think you can say that we are millionaires. If I become a millionaire, I will divide my capital into three parts. The first part will go to the bank account, the second part - I will buy shares, and I will take the third part into my private business. I will spend all my capital on my business and my family. Big money changes a man and most millionaires become envious and dishonorable. How much money do you need? I don't know the answer to this question, but I know there can't be much money.

IrinaDate: Monday, 28.05.2012, 01:21 | Message # 15
Monitor
Everyone wants to be a millionaire. In that case you will have an opportunity to buy what you whant,to visit many countries and etc. All dreams will come true, The most important thing is that you need not work.

Forum » FIRST SUCCESS AT LEARNING ENGLISH - FORUM FOR BEGINNERS » The World of My Dreams » Would you like to be a millionaire?
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024