THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Thursday, 02.05.2024, 17:59
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Luck  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Beauty Salon - To go or not to go
Beauty Salon - To go or not to go
SileneeeDate: Sunday, 13.03.2011, 20:21 | Message # 16
Monitor
Group: Users
Awards: 0
And what is good? When a man likes a girl with long hair and strange gait. Of course, many men, many minds, but I knew a lot of girls who can't bear boys who take care of their skin and hair, girls think that is useless to have relationships with such boys.Yes, boys should follow fashion but only MALE BUT NOT FEMALE.

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 13.03.2011, 21:09 | Message # 17
Dean
Awards: 3
Ha-ha, that's true!!!)))) Do you remember the slogan of Old Spice commercial "Smell like a man, man."?))) Still, we don't have the right to speak for everyone, I mean there're certain categories of men, for example, musicians whose weird style is well-taken. The main thing here is not to be on the bit.

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 13.03.2011, 23:06 | Message # 18
Head teacher
Awards: 1
Yes, musicians are likely to use and even overuse make-up (especially front men of rock and metal bands! devil ). But actually most of them look vulgar only on the stage and never use any eye shadows and lipstick in their everyday life. It's only a part of their scenic image, nothing more.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 19.03.2011, 20:04 | Message # 19
Dean
But what if a person's scenic image coincides with his perception of beauty? Is it normal? Or in this case he won't be able to differentiate work and private life? By the way, should we have some certain image and follow it in behaviour, clothes and make-up or it's better to create a new look every day due to our mood? And does it have anything to do with split mind?)

NekavaenDate: Sunday, 20.03.2011, 10:21 | Message # 20
Head teacher
Of course, there are those who wear bright costumes and use scenic make-up even at home. I don’t think it’s bad, especially for people of art. It helps them to grow into roles. Such behavior may seem strange and may lead to quarrels with close people, still I don’t think it’s a sign of mental disorder. As long as the person feels OK and fulfills all family duties well – let it be.

I think everybody should have a certain style in clothes and make-up and follow it without dramatic changes. But to find out what really suits us and reflects our inner world, we should carry out a lot of experiments in youth. I think it’s difficult for a teenager to stop on something particular – people dress unpredictably at this age. Most grown-ups also like to surprise their friends and spouses with new hairstyles and clothes but they don’t choose this or that image at random. It takes years to understand your body and learn to present it in the most winning way.

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 20.03.2011, 20:44 | Message # 21
Dean
That's a difficult task, agree with you. Besides, teenagers' seeking is more connected with moral standarts and everyday problems that with their style. Unfortunately, a lot of people follow the failed examples of celebrities. I'm not against some borrowings but one should always have a head upon shoulders!!!

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 22.03.2011, 23:04 | Message # 22
Head teacher
It’s a pity some people go too far in their wish to imitate favorite actors and singers. It’s not a big problem if a person tries to copy dressing style or manners – it’s like a habit that can be done away with. But I’m worried by the fact that more and more people start using plastic surgery to look like stars. They take a photo of an idol and ask surgeons to make them the same nose, lips, ears, bosom, hips… It’s terrible that today even teenagers do it! What if their tastes change with time?

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 23.03.2011, 20:14 | Message # 23
Dean
That's really absurdity! I watched a TV program about skinny celebrities a few days ago and one woman said that her little niece almost adored Nicole Richie who was as thin as a rake and wanted to look in the same way! What should be done in this case? It's pointless and silly to forbid watching TV, isn't it? But what then?

MetalDrDate: Tuesday, 05.04.2011, 17:53 | Message # 24
Monitor
Awards: 0
I don't understand why this topic is so serious. Of course, we can talk long about different people and their motivations to spend money in beauty salons but i think there are too many of these motivations that you can't discuss all of them) and as for me it is not such an important problem like environmental contamination O_o
General outer beauty is not so important for man as one's inner beauty)
I hope someone agrees with me xD

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 05.04.2011, 19:24 | Message # 25
Dean
Ohhhh.....but these notions don't interfere with each other, don't you think so? Actually, this very forum is aimed at discussing such motives. Why not? It doesn't mean we demonstrate our carelessness or ignorance speaking about such simple things.It's just another aspect of life and it's important.

Former-TeacherDate: Wednesday, 06.04.2011, 09:29 | Message # 26
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Well, I think I am happy with people who understand that their beauty is a unity of inner beauty, outer beauty, the beauty of physical movement, the beauty of knowledge and the art of communication. Well, simply speaking, it is harmony that makes me happy. However, these 'harmonies' are varied, they have different 'faces', they function differently.... but they exist. Going to beauty parlours or just maintaing the physical image of yourself at home is just a way to communicate to the world (and yourself) that you have developed new ways of self-realization, that outward beauty is an extension of your inner beauity, that the wish to put make-up or dye your hair in different colours every week is saying to the world that you are a creator of the beautiful environment. This environment will extend to everyone, please don't destroy it. It is often hard work to maintain beauty, but isn't it what makes us really human? Animals also maintain their own beauty, and if they don't do it, it means that something has happened, they have been invaded upon.
So, if a person doesn't want to take care of his or her own beauty, if a person doesn't want to work hard to be beautiful, then...
- How can such a person protect the environment?
- How can such a person be a teacher?
- How can such a person have children?
- How will such a person teach his/her children to create beauty and harmony around?

Don't let the beauty pass you by! Take it by the hand and make friends! Let it be your own adviser of harmony!

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 06.04.2011, 12:44 | Message # 27
Dean
That's exactly how things are!!! It's not just good looks, it's also the atmosphere, behaviour, even movements and gestures! And I'm sure that the instillation in children true taste is of primary importance. Young people should be surrounded with beauty from the very beginning so that they can form their own ideas on its basis.

LuckDate: Tuesday, 12.04.2011, 12:04 | Message # 28
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
Well, I agree that it's everybody's choice whether to be be "beautiful" or not. And anyway I think it is not only women's job to look well-groomed. It is clear that a woman can paint nails or to put on make up, and then to look nice. And that usually takes time. But some men can't even iron their shirts! Though you probably can say that such women also exist. So I should only add that there are some minimal rules that you MUST follow anyway.

lovefootball)Date: Sunday, 29.05.2011, 13:47 | Message # 29
Dean
The word "minimum" sounds too pessimistic, I should say))) Ha, you say "must" because otherwise we'll lose our human face?)) Anyway, speaking seriously, what exactly these rules consist in? Are they unified? And we've colmletely forgotten about those who overdo...for example, solarium-lovers and girls who seem to put on everything they've found in the wardrobe and look like a sandwich) It's another extreme! How can it be overcome? Maybe it's just age - insanity and it will fade away together with pimples?)) If not, then I'm at a loss because in this case we'll soon be surrounded with clones)

LuckDate: Tuesday, 07.06.2011, 00:46 | Message # 30
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
ha, solarium-lovers are really ridiculous people. Some girls become ORANGE after constant "grilling". But they think it's cool! And what is even more ridiculous, we'll never eradicate it! They will always think that they are the most beautiful "creatures":)

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Beauty Salon - To go or not to go
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024