THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 01:54
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Luck  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Beauty Salon - To go or not to go
Beauty Salon - To go or not to go
Former-TeacherDate: Thursday, 03.03.2011, 10:17 | Message # 1
Dean
Group: Admins
Awards: 2
Beauty Salon, Beauty Parlour, Beauty Treatment Salon, Day Spa, Beauty Shop, Hair and Nail Salon, Beauty Restoration Centre, Beautician Salon, Skin Care Room -a lot of names for one notion that makes the world go round: BEAUTY!
Surfing the Web, I came across a great number of such names, and was pleased to find that BEAUTY is not only a female territory but a male one as well. The langauge changes radically - it is now a Men's Grooming Office or Men's Grooming Tips Bar.
Go to the Men's Beauty Room or look through Beauty Tips for Men or learn to understand your present or future boyfriends or husbands' social image at http://www.shopwiki.com/wiki/Mens-Grooming
Well, to go or not to go to a Beauty Parlour sounds as to be or not to be beautiful!
One thing is definite - It is Everybody's Choice! It is Everybody's Philosophy! It is Everybody's Concern! It is a Sign of Civilization!

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 03.03.2011, 23:07 | Message # 2
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
I'm absolutely sure that men SHOULD take care of theselves, elaborate their style, just be well-groomed! Why not? And I support those men who do nails regularly (I don't mean nail varnish, of course!!!!!). I don't think it's just another current trend that will soon fall into oblivion. It's one of the public demands! And in this very case it's very reasonable to defer to this opinion. At the same time those who regard beauty parlours as hobby and even become nervous on this ground....well, I guess, it's easy to understand how most people treat such "queer cards".

ValeriyaDate: Friday, 04.03.2011, 18:07 | Message # 3
Monitor
Awards: 0
I think that all women should go to Beauty Salons, because people must groom theselves. But men should go to these salons more rarely than women. I think men should prefer exercise and they should go to gyms. But sometimes they should go to the salons, they must know that beauty salons are very relaxing. I know some boys who enjoy going to the salons and they are very good people and they are very friendly, but some girls think that they are glamourous and they aren't real boys. But they are certainly wrong. Why can't they go to salon? They want to seem beatiful and well-groomed people. I think girls and women pay attention to well-groomed men more often than to those who look untidy.

lovefootball)Date: Friday, 04.03.2011, 18:50 | Message # 4
Dean
Sure but it's easy to mistake neat guys with good looks for those you've called glamourous. I think it happens because such a category has appeared relatively recently and...h'm there are a lot of stereotypes concerning such men. Actually, that's
a matter of taste. Some girls adore them and some just don't take them seriously.

NekavaenDate: Saturday, 05.03.2011, 09:20 | Message # 5
Head teacher
Awards: 1
I’ve always wondered at this name - “beauty salons”. Why are they are called so? Accurate haircut, manicure, peeling can make a person more well-groomed but not more beautiful. The loveliness of a human depends not only on appearance – everybody knows it!

Of course, it’s praiseworthy if a person tries to look neat. Still taking care of our bodies, we shouldn’t forget about our souls. As for me, I never care: does my interlocutor has manicure or not, is his or her hair washed or not? Tidy clothes, gallant manners, kind smile, clever eyes – nice to meet you!

Also I know some people who just “overwork themselves” taking care of their appearance – they go to the solarium regularly (even in summer!!!), do manicure twice a week, scorch their hair trying to look like “genuine blondes”…I don’t regret about money they spend on these procedures – it’s their own business. But why do they waste such an enormous amount of time on it! That’s the thing I’ll never be able to understand.

About men…I agree that for a male it’s more important to be physically strong and erudite than to be a fan of beauty salons.

P.S. Men with long hair and make-up don’t irritate me. I hate males who are feeble and don’t go to the gym.

It is not human to be without shame and without desire. (Ursula K. Le Guin)

Message edited by Nekavaen - Saturday, 05.03.2011, 09:59

MetalDrDate: Saturday, 05.03.2011, 16:02 | Message # 6
Monitor
I think that beauty salons were created for people who love to spend a lot of money. Nowadays beauty services are very expensive. Each person can take care of oneself at home. But i have nothing against beauty salons. It is necessary for example when you need to look beautiful for a holiday...

As for men they shouldn't go to salons at all. I think that if a man walks into the salon he is not a man or he is gay O_o many don't agree with me but in my opinion its true. I can't communicate with these boys.
Sometimes you can see strange people on the street... and you don't understand it is a boy or a girl. I'm even a little afraid of them... What do you think about these people?

Message edited by MetalDr - Sunday, 06.03.2011, 08:39

NikkyDate: Saturday, 05.03.2011, 16:05 | Message # 7
Course monitor
In my opinion everybody should go to Beauty Salons. I don't mean that they should be crazy about their appearance. But just take care of themselves and to look neat. If you have long hair, you should spend more time on it, for example.
A lot of people nowaday say " I don't care what you look like. Only your soul is important". But I think that mostly we don't want to be with a raunchy person. So I think that appearance IS important.
I don't want to say that you should think only about your looks. But it is elementary to keep your hair clean, clothes ironnied and nails cut and trimmed.
For example, you are walking along tha street and see two young ladies. BUT, the first lady's hair has an synthetic white color. And with a thick layer of makeup on her face. And tha next one has a rumpled shirt, bushy hair which is in a terrible mess. I think most of us will feel disgusted or won't deside to talk to them.
I think that a person should improve his/her natural beauty, but do not try to look synthetic or raunchy.
But it's only my opinion happy

NadyaDate: Saturday, 05.03.2011, 17:17 | Message # 8
Union committee president
Group: Moders
I completely agree that people must take care of themselves. A lot of people (women and men) go to salons to cut theit hair or just to trim. It can be really relaxing and pleasant sometimes. But some of them really like grooming themselves. They spend a lot of money on manicure, spa, peeling and other treatment sessions. More than that, most of such women take their pets, especially little dogs to salons and do the same things for them. I'm not against going to salons but in my opinion we shouldn't spend too much time and money on them, this isn't necassery.
I should also say that there is a difference between the words neatness and glamour. For me, it's more pleasant to see a neat guy than a glamourous one. Sometimes, it can be even funny to see a glamourous guy. Of course, girls pay attention to well-groomed men more often than to untidy men. But I don't think that a really good and neat man (who is not obsessed with glamour) will take care of himself that much. I think he doesn't need that, there are a lot of things which are more important for him.
Well, I think that we should go to salons, but...

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 05.03.2011, 20:09 | Message # 9
Dean
Nekavaen, are you serious? I guess I won't be able to take normally a person with an absolutely neglected appearance and even his/her ingenious ideas won't save the situation. And that doesn't mean I'm a person of no great depth. It's a question of politeness and respect to your interlocutor.

NekavaenDate: Tuesday, 08.03.2011, 00:03 | Message # 10
Head teacher
I really don’t care much about the appearance of my interlocutor. For example, I’ll never change my seat if a dirty and bruised drunkard comes close to me in public transport and starts a boring but polite conversation. There is only one smell that infuriates me –TABACO!!! But an odor of hot water – c’mon, it’s not so bad.

I tend to think that if somebody looks untidy, this person must definitely have some problems. Such people need help and advice, we shouldn’t dash aside and laugh at them. Maybe, he or she has too little money, maybe it’s the result of bad influence of a dubious company or improper family education.

Some people try to look repulsive on purpose because they just want to hide inner complexes. They think others hate them and they themselves hate the world and all. It’s a message, “Live me alone”. But it so often happens that people who seem to be villains and monsters in reality have kind hearts and extremely interesting personalities.

I’m sure serious life problems can break everyone. A person may be in such a trouble that the only thought of him/hers will be “How to live further…How to stay sane…” No time to think about whether the pieces of clothing are congruous or not, the hair-do is swell or disgusting, etc. However, time passes and most of them understand that everybody should look great, first of all for himself or herself. That’s the motto I support completely. I like my body and take care of it because if I don’t do it, who will?

And one more thing. There are people who really don’t need any beauty salons to be successful, attractive and popular with humans of the opposite sex. They are not pretty and handsome at all but possess unique charisma and an enigmatic ability to look regal even in rags.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 08.03.2011, 17:52 | Message # 11
Dean
Of course, psychological motives might be various but we're speaking about ordinary people, whose problems aren't so serious. It's pointless to discuss beauty rules and tendencies concerning those who don't even have enough food and are severely undernourished. And about dirty drunkards...I can't agree with you. Why should we tolerate their presence? It's pure physiology, a normal reaction - to move away.
I support the idea about natural charisma but I think it works only until a certain age, I mean only youth and young beauty can conceal untidiness but, to tell the truth, I doubt that. I'm all for natural beauty but I'm sure that every a diamond requires cutting.

SileneeeDate: Wednesday, 09.03.2011, 21:51 | Message # 12
Monitor
In my opinion, it is quite natural that a woman wants to be beautiful. If she looks perfect ,she has a big chance to be noticed by a man. As the proverb says, "A beautiful woman makes glad a male's eyes but an ugly woman makes glad a woman's eyes". But I don't understand girls who sit in a beauty salon every day, because this is just a waste of time and money. Such women are egoists who think only about their apperiance. Of course, a beauty salon is a place that should be visited by each girl but everything should have some measure.
As for as men are concerned, maybe nowadays it's quite natural of them to visit this place, men also want to look handsome but as my friend's father says, "A man should look a little better than a monkey" and I absolutely agree with him. biggrin

lovefootball)Date: Thursday, 10.03.2011, 20:51 | Message # 13
Dean
Oh, I've heard it but I think it has another meaning, a man shouldn't be sugary and womanlike. As for women I'm sure the main thing for them it to feel confident irrespective of others' opinion and if salons can help them to achieve this aim, they're free to do miracles with the appearance. Still there's some danger here, I mean a woman may shelter herself by a pretty cover and hide her individuality.

NekavaenDate: Friday, 11.03.2011, 08:32 | Message # 14
Head teacher
"A man should look a little better than a monkey". I’ve always found this phrase strange and a bit absurd. At the same time, when I see hundreds of women of all ages who are desperate fans of Adriano Chelentano, I start thinking that for some females this principle really works. It's not bad actually. Yes, it’s again a matter of taste. For me a man should be first of all as strong as a bare but I’m not against his attempts to follow fashion, to take care of skin and hair.

lovefootball)Date: Saturday, 12.03.2011, 21:12 | Message # 15
Dean
Oh, we're speaking about an ideal man: with inner beauty, physical strength, good taste and elaborate style!)))) It has just occured to me that women are experienced advisers as far as appearance is concerned. I mean it's a great pleasure for any woman to arrange her partner's outfit.

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Beauty Salon - To go or not to go
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024