THE WORLD OF ENGLISH Friday, 03.05.2024, 03:34
Welcome Guest | RSS
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Forum moderator: Luck  
Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Beauty Salon - To go or not to go
Beauty Salon - To go or not to go
lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 07.06.2011, 15:46 | Message # 31
Dean
Group: Users
Awards: 3
That's the idea!))) But it's only the top, you know. I mean looking like overroasted meat is not a crime...but claiming to be an example for everyone, the hub of the universe is, let's put it milder, not very pleasant. To tell the truth, I have only one reaction to this "species" - sneer. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to preach any moral but upon my word sometimes I feel that we're getting surrounded by clones whose gestures and movements are programmed (and maybe their lifestyle and frame of mind too??))))).

LuckDate: Tuesday, 07.06.2011, 22:04 | Message # 32
Union organizer
Group: Friends
Awards: 5
Yes, I do agree with you)) sometimes looking around ourselves we notice that girls look absolutely identical, guys wear the same clothes. And it is good if they adopt some nice things but not that orange color))

lovefootball)Date: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 17:45 | Message # 33
Dean
Ha-ha, that's right!) Oh, it has just occured to me, we haven't mentioned freaks! Can anyone explain to me this phenomenon? Of course, I know who they are but my knowledge is too superficial. Should we treat them like the representatives of a certain subculture? But such grouping presupposes being alike,imitation so that people can recognize them by some characteristic features...Maybe I just misunderstand the notion "subculture" then? And another thing is the ambiguity, I mean what looks stylish, fresh and new for one person can be absolutely unacceptable and even barbarous for others))))

LuckDate: Wednesday, 08.06.2011, 23:11 | Message # 34
Union organizer
Awards: 5
what is freak...I checked the definition in a dictionary:1) a person, animal, or plant that is abnormal or deformed; monstrosity 2) an object, event, etc., that is abnormal or extremely unusual. And then I asked my friend, who freak is, and he said (quotation) "freak is a person who is interested in smth, in what 97% of the other people are not interested at all and this special person knows a lot concerning this topic or many other topics of this kind. but there is also another kind of freak. this freak has no special knowledge. he or she only behaves in a different way - he dresses differently or has 15 dogs. and the real freak is a combination of both - he has a special knowlege maybe about tv series or about barbie dolls and also dresses in a strange way. and the freak SHOWS it - if you only have a special knowlege and do not tell anybody about it, you are not a freak"
haha, this is a nice definition)
So as you see...freak is somebody who looks very unusual, moreover it is a person whom you would try to avoid talking to))

MegastarostaDate: Monday, 20.06.2011, 23:43 | Message # 35
Union organizer
Awards: 2
My mother always told me that an ordinary woman should go to a beauty salon. And i agree with her. You should look good not only at work but at home too. Moreover we like when a human looks good, in this case such a person attracts not only other people's looks but also a success and confidence.

MissJaneDate: Tuesday, 21.06.2011, 12:01 | Message # 36
Union organizer
First of all, a beauty room is a business. If you want to pour your money into someone's pocket for the things you can easily do at home (or ask your friends to do it to you), then Ok, you are welcome. Second, a beauty room (as it has already been said) has nothing to do with beauty. They offer you a range of services after which, according to the accepted fashion views, you will look right. Third, a beauty room is a way to promote certain products, services, world view and type of behavior. Such places usually employ advertising policies and psychological programming to force you live up to the required standards. (Who made the requirements? Don't ask me.) Forth, a beauty room represents conformity, lack of your personal creative abilities. Fifth, it is a plaguy nuisance that the bulk of beauty salons possesses unprofessional, semi-qualified staff.
To go or not to go is not the question. To think or not think - that's it.

lovefootball)Date: Tuesday, 21.06.2011, 14:13 | Message # 37
Dean
Non-professionals? Why? I do agree that there are enough incompetent people in all spheres and beauty services are not an exception but still it's a matter of taste and your perception of fashion and style. Actually that's why it's very important to find "your" hairdresser (for example).You should really be like-minded people! In this case the process and result of collaboration brings satisfaction and joy both to the client and the master. As for standards I can't agree with you. The same thing is with mass media: everyone says that they are constantly trying to impose something on us but in fact it's we ourselves who chose what to swallow and what to spit out. Beauty salons are wonderful places where you can get professional help, advice and just relax. I doubt the fact that women should intentionally deprive themselves of such pleasure.

GoldilocksDate: Monday, 16.04.2012, 00:01 | Message # 38
Monitor
Awards: 0
I prefer " to go". Beauty Salon is not only a place where we can make us beautiful but a place for rest. Entering a salon we forget our problems, leaving it we feel much more confident. So< as Dostoevsky said: " Beauty will save the world".

AmarantaDate: Friday, 18.05.2012, 02:04 | Message # 39
Monitor
In my opinion, if a woman wants to look perfect she should go to a Beauty salon. But I also know that there are some things for being beautiful that every woman can do at home. First of all, a lady should take care of her hair, skin and nails. It`s important to use some special tonic and restorative. Besides, it1s also very important to sleep not less eight houres a day. Moreover, a timely visit to your professional hairdresser will help you to be beautiful.

Nikky0638Date: Sunday, 20.05.2012, 20:59 | Message # 40
Monitor
As for me I don't think, that Beauty Salons can relax me, of course you get pleasure from going there, because people create the new images making new hairstyles and make-up, but not always it can correspond to your desires. I think a good night's sleep can truly relax. But for most women, a beauty salon - it is something more than just a facility, providing cosmetology services. Here they can chat, discuss the latest news, share their everyday concerns, and at the same time "to put marafet". For some people it is quite expensive and I agree with Amaranta that there are some things for being beautiful that every woman can do at home.

vanillaDate: Friday, 25.05.2012, 09:55 | Message # 41
Monitor
Everybody knows that "beauty will save the world". So I think that everybody should take care of himself. Ant it doesn't depend if it is a man or a woman. It is much more pleasant to chat with a well-groomed person. Certainly it does not mean that we should spend all our days in different Beauty Salons, but if you want it, do it)

Angel757Date: Friday, 25.05.2012, 11:44 | Message # 42
Monitor
I'm sure that every woman shouls visit such a place at least 1 time every 2 weeks) A woman should take care of themselves and watch the beauty.!

natasha001Date: Friday, 31.08.2012, 15:42 | Message # 43
Student
I don't speak about men but women nowadays always want to look beautiful and young. Most of us are studing, working, raising kids in other words really busy all the time. And to have a good quolity manicure or pedicure is not an easy or thing to do at home.It takes time also. That's why a lot of ladies nowadays go to Beauty salons.Professionalists do their job fast and well. That's why we choose salons! Hair, nails, toes, face we want everything to be pretty. That helps is to feel self-confident biggrin

PerilovaDate: Friday, 05.10.2012, 02:18 | Message # 44
Head teacher
Group: Reliable
I think beauty care is natural for women.So,every woman should go to a beauty salon,but sometimes it can be expensive and take a long time.Personal care at home is very cheap and easy.

Johnny_BravoDate: Saturday, 05.01.2013, 23:45 | Message # 45
Union organizer
(Perilova)
I think beauty care is natural for women.So,every woman should go to a beauty salon,but sometimes it can be expensive and take a long time.Personal care at home is very cheap and easy.

Why do you think it is really necessary to go to a beauty salon?

Forum » MISCELLANEOUS - LIFE AS IT IS » Beauty Rules » Beauty Salon - To go or not to go
Search:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024